• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rape victim ordered to pay her abuser child support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that is vile trashiness. You keep alleging that she has requested that she be allowed to live with him; that seems to be something you just made up.
Almost everything in this thread is based on allegations. Near all of the allegations come from one party in an ugly custody battle.

But here's one thing I'm not making up. 16y/o children have a lot of pull in family court. It's not impossible that they would overrule a kid that age. However, it's far more likely that daughter wanted that for reasons that don't get posted on the internet.

Probably because nobody except mom wants a ruling from the court of the internet.
The articles state that Barnes was awarded custody because the mother gave her daughter a cell phone. I don't understand the reasoning behind that (also, the mother was fined $500 for it).
Here's an explanation for the article stating this. It's a lie.

It's possible that the whole family court is composed of monsters. I find it more plausible that they know more about the reality of the ugly circumstances than you, or anybody on IIDB, know about them.

I don't know if you've ever been involved in a contentious custody battle. But I have. It's a war. And, as usual in war, the first casualty is the truth.
Tom

Yep, that is vile trashiness. You keep alleging that she has requested that she be allowed to live with him; that seems to be something you just made up.
Almost everything in this thread is based on allegations. Near all of the allegations come from one party in an ugly custody battle.

But here's one thing I'm not making up. 16y/o children have a lot of pull in family court. It's not impossible that they would overrule a kid that age. However, it's far more likely that daughter wanted that for reasons that don't get posted on the internet.

Probably because nobody except mom wants a ruling from the court of the internet.
The articles state that Barnes was awarded custody because the mother gave her daughter a cell phone. I don't understand the reasoning behind that (also, the mother was fined $500 for it).
Here's an explanation for the article stating this. It's a lie.

It's possible that the whole family court is composed of monsters. I find it more plausible that they know more about the reality of the ugly circumstances than you, or anybody on IIDB, know about them.

I don't know if you've ever been involved in a contentious custody battle. But I have. It's a war. And, as usual in war, the first casualty is the truth.
Tom
You know who else has a lot of pull in small town courts? People who have contracts with the local police department.

Even today, a lot of people, including some in this thread, will label a 16 year old who gets pregnant as a slut. Even after 26 years or so.

So, I haven't had any luck, anyone else find any clue as to how the state of Louisiana enforced (and if not why not) its law against a 30yo having sexual intercourse with a 16yo? From my understanding, it doesn't matter if she lied about her age or consented. The law calls it felony carnal knowledge (aka statutory rape).

You know who else has a lot of pull in small town courts? People who have contracts with the local police department.
Yet another unsupported allegation of trashiness.
Tom
Every single post you’ve made in this thread reeks of your moralistic misogynistic judgement.

Tom
Do you have a better explanation of why the police treated the victim so poorly after she made her report?

Tom
Every single post you’ve made in this thread reeks of your moralistic misogynistic judgement.
Is that your best interpretation of "family court has more and better information than you or I do."?
Tom

Tom
Is that your best interpretation of "family court has more and better information than you or I do."?
Tom

Family court doesn't handle statutory rape charges (which is a fact of what the "father" is guilty of). Once the statutory rape charges are handled (like they are supposed to) any form of custody goes out the window.

Tom
Tom
Accurate characterizations are sufficient.

In an early post, you claim almost all of the reports are lies as a rebuttal to defend your rape apologia and attacks on the character of the mother which are based on reports. Please link to the demonstrably reliable sources on which you base your responses so other oarticipants can avoid using lying reports.

Tom
Kind of like your accusations themselves, calling the mother a scumbag.
I didn't refer to the mother in particular as a scumbag.

I pointed out the scumbag behavior of the parents, she's just one of them. Both got drunk in a bar and had irresponsible sex that led to a kid growing up with them as parents.
Poor thing.
Tom

Tom

I pointed out the scumbag behavior of the parents, she's just one of them. Both got drunk in a bar and had irresponsible sex that led to a kid growing up with them as parents.
Poor thing.
Tom

You do know that it has been roughly 5840 days since the bar. Do you mean to tell me that you know what both of these people have been doing for 5840 days? Oh let me guess, one day in the life of people overshadows 5840 days. Cool story bro.

Tom
TomC said:
It would be great if scumbags, like her parents, didn't put kids through this crazy crap.
link

I pointed out the scumbag behavior of the parents, she's just one of them.
You really don't have any info to know whether her mother is a lowlife or a great mother. But you love presumption.
Both got drunk in a bar and had irresponsible sex that led to a kid growing up with them as parents.
Firstly, do we know he was drunk? Secondly, she was 16 and had the baby... no support from you as a pro-lifer though. Just baseless name calling.

TomC said:
Poor thing.
Tom
Hospital determined she was sexually assaulted. "Poor thing" might be underselling her suffering.

You do know that it has been roughly 5840 days since the bar. Do you mean to tell me that you know what both of these people have been doing for 5840 days? Oh let me guess, one day in the life of people overshadows 5840 days. Cool story bro.
You know it's been almost 2000 years since Jesus's Resurrection?

Do you mean to tell me that you know what His Apostles were doing and saying, 16 years later?

It's a cool story and all. But.....
Tom

You know it's been almost 2000 years since Jesus's Resurrection?

Do you mean to tell me that you know what His Apostles were doing and saying, 16 years later?

It's a cool story and all. But.....
Tom
Gospel's point that is obvious to anyone with a pulse is that outside of one night, you have no evidence the mother is a "scumbag". And that assumes that one night is evidence of the mother's "scumminess".

If your response is the best you can do, I suggest you pay attention to the hole you are making deeper every minute.

I think she is under the care of a third party. Includes info regarding allegations of sexual assault against the daughter by the father. Physical evidence indicated an assault likely occurred. But the judge didn't seem to care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom