• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Really Dumb question about Trump and Cheating.

Harry Bosch

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Why is it acceptable to consider Bill Clinton's cheating as a political issue but not Trump's numerous extra-martial affairs?

Why is it acceptable to consider Bill Clinton's cheating as a political issue but not Trump's numerous extra-martial affairs?

For the same reason that a billionaire born into wealth is somehow a champion of the working class, while a working class person who became a millionaire is a member of "the elite."

Bill Clinton isn't even standing for election but Trump is. Either way the candidates should focus on the issues affecting the country which seems challenging for them to do.

For the same reason none of the other deplorable things Trump says and does seem to matter. You're slinging mud at a guy that was dirty when he walked into the room.

Throwing mud is increasingly a part of modern American politics. Mud slingers do this to draw attention from themselves.

I hope Trump does attack Bill, hoping to tar Hillary. The next line:

"There's only one person on this stage who engaged in extra-marital affairs
... (and bragged about it)"

Ya, it seems like a weird line of attack for him to be considering. Even setting aside the fact of it being a guy who's had multiple affairs attacking a woman because her husband had some affairs, what is the benefit of it?

Does he feel that there are some undecided voters out there who would pull away from Clinton if they're reminded about how her husband cheated on her? I just don't see why this would even be on the table as a possible topic of conversation for him.

Then again, there are a lot of things I don't get about the Trump campaign - like the fact that there's a Trump campaign.

For the same reason none of the other deplorable things Trump says and does seem to matter. You're slinging mud at a guy that was dirty when he walked into the room.

Throwing mud is increasingly a part of modern American politics. Mud slingers do this to draw attention from themselves.
That's a myth that this stuff is becoming more common. This shit has always been around.

I understand why there even a Trump campaign, and it's because people aren't real smart, same reason for all the other calamities that seem to be around.

Because Trump is real. Hillary is fake, and so her hypocrisy must be called out.

Republicans are just Democrats who aren't conflicted. All this concern about morals and other people and society and stuff is just guilt over their own wealth.

Replaying statements made by Trump isn't "mudslinging".

Does he feel that there are some undecided voters out there who would pull away from Clinton if they're reminded about how her husband cheated on her?
I know a number of women who have hated Hillary since Bill's affairs were made public because Hillary did not kick Bill to the curb then and there. It's not that they hold Hillary responsible for where Bill put his dick, but that she didn't behave as they would like to think they would have.

Because Trump is real.

WUT? That's a REAL ferret on his head? REAL Cheetos® rubbed on his face?
Please specify... I only know that he's a real psychopath.

He speaks the truth straight from the shoulder. That's what his supporters(seems to me) think.

Never mind that he knows little of what he talks about, and would accomplish less as prez.

They do it because we have an uneducated, uninformed electorate that is swayed by it.

So, am I right, that Trump and Guiliani, who are both making noises about taking Bill's scandal to HRC, both cheated on their wives and paraded their mistresses around New York???? And they don't think this will be mentioned if Hillary is attacked?

Ya, it seems like a weird line of attack for him to be considering. Even setting aside the fact of it being a guy who's had multiple affairs attacking a woman because her husband had some affairs, what is the benefit of it?

Does he feel that there are some undecided voters out there who would pull away from Clinton if they're reminded about how her husband cheated on her? I just don't see why this would even be on the table as a possible topic of conversation for him.
You are still applying rational motivations to him. He shows every symptom of having a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Every bit of his behavior, including attacking HRC over Bill's affairs, is entirely unsurprising if we start with the premise he has NPD.

Then again, there are a lot of things I don't get about the Trump campaign - like the fact that there's a Trump campaign.
That I will agree with. It is not unusual for a NPD to have enthusiastic admirers and supporters. What is shocking to me is that so very many people have been sucked in by him.

That's a myth that this stuff is becoming more common. This shit has always been around.

I understand why there even a Trump campaign, and it's because people aren't real smart, same reason for all the other calamities that seem to be around.

"Increasing"? Mudslinging is a old old OLD tradition of politics. Politics is a contact sport.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Trump followers suffer from cognitive dissonance and don't understand the concepts or meaning of hypocrisy or irony or irrelevance.

What is shocking to me is that so very many people have been sucked in by him.

If he wins, it will make me question whether democracy is ultimately doomed - more conmen will always appear on the scene.

It will also be the ultimate test of how strong our checks and balances really are. The constitution was basically written to prevent situations like this to limit the amount of fuck up a single person could do. We'll find out whether it really lives up to the standard.

Back
Top Bottom