• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rittenhouse/Kenosha Shooting Split

Well, I'm late to this, but I am going to stick my neck out and say he gets off on self defense. The whole situation was fucked up from the beginning. I think his mother should be on the stand. He never should've been there with a weapon. He wanted to show he was a tough guy with a gun. And now 2 are dead and a third wounded. what a shit show. He's an example of what happens when we glorify gun culture in this country so much.

But as a legal point, none of that matters. The case turns on narrow issues of self defense at the time of the shooting. I see him getting off. The judge may even throw it out without letting it go to a jury.
Yes, that is the defense's tactic. But actual self defense really doesn't apply here. He crossed a police line illegally armed and in violation of curfew. He had many opportunities to leave. He did so to join a fight. You cannot argue self defense if you willingly join into the fight. You have to have "clean hands" to claim self defense.

I'm sure the prosecutor will explain this in the closing statements. Whether that will be compelling to the jury or not is anyone's guess.
Well, no. Violating the police line and the curfew do not mean you lose your right to self defense. You only lose that if you intend to commit a violent act. You say he was looking for a fight. You have to prove that specific intent beyond a reasonable doubt. But what is the specific evidence for that? Did he say something to that effect before the shooting? Not that I’ve heard. Was he pointing the weapon at someone before all of this happened? Apparently not.

The other problem is that once the prosecution starts to argue that, they open the door to the others propensity for violent acts. Two of them at least have criminal pasts involving gun crimes, domestic violence, and sexual offense with a minor. That can come out if the prosecution isn’t careful. That coming out will not help the prosecution.

sorry. I think he’s a stupid little fuck. His parents are even worse. But he’s not going to be found guilty of murder. He’ll get off in self defense.
What about illegally carrying a semi-automatic weapon?
No. It’s irrelevant to the issue of self defense. You don’t become fair game for attack unless you have put someone in imminent peril yourself. What happened a minute prior to the shooting may even not be relevant. if someone with a gun is backing away from a conflict, and hasn't used some kind of unjustified deadly force, you cannot attack him And doing so could allow him to claim self defense.

These are technical legal issues. Others have said that he pointed the gun at Mr. Ziminski, and that MIGHT hurt his claim, but the problem is that he took no further action to indicate violence. He tried to leave the area, about the only smart thing he did, and Rosenbaum came after him. Once he does that Rosenbaum’s actions were not self defense or a defense of others. If at that point Rosenbaum initiates the attack, Rittenhouse can defend himself. Recall also that Ziminski fired off a round a few seconds before (and admitted it). According to Rittenhouse, ZimI ski told Rosenbaum to get him and kill him. I’m sure Ziminski will dispute that. But earlier Rosenbaum had apparently made threats to kill Rittenhouse earlier.

Even prosecution witnesses agreed that Rittenhouse was backing away, saying friendly, friendly. The prosecution is arguing that Rosenbaum didn’t have the means to carry out the threat because he was unarmed. Rittenhouse testified though that he grabbed the gun. The video I saw was unclear about that but the pathologist said he was shot at close range. What’s undeniable from the video though is that Rittenhouse was indeed running away from Rosenbaum. At that point he is not the aggressor. That is a HUGE issue when it comes to self defense. Even if he was initially the aggressor before that, the very fact that he backs away shows he is no longer a threat and Rosenbaum should’ve walked away too. That is basically self defense law 101. He will get off.
I would argue that a person too young to legally carry a semiautomatic weapon into a crowded demonstration DID put a lot of people in immediate danger. Anyone could have grabbed that weapon away from that kid and started shooting. I would argue that Rittenhouse DID indeed go to that demonstration intending to shoot ‘bad guys.’

I would further argue that the men who pursued Rittenhouse were acting in the same good faith that supposedly Rittenhouse was acting under: they were chasing someone sought by police, who had just killed an unarmed man.

I don’t agree that the first shooting was justified. But if you think Rittenhouse was justified in the first instance, you certainly should understand the actions of the second and third man: they were trying to apprehend a under suspect—which, I believe, was Rittenhouse’s wet dream.
I’m sorry, but that’s not the law of self defense. Here’s a pretty good legal explanation: https://lawofselfdefense.com/rittenhouse-1/

As an aside, I see the judge has just ruled out Lesser included offenses. That’s a bad sign for the prosecution. They probably knew they were over reaching with murder. It will be up to the jurors now, but I think the instructions will be clear that they will acquit.

Rittenhouse isn't the problem. Or should I say he isn't the main problem.

How many cunts who should never be near a loaded gun are going to see the OAN/Newsmax translation of this case, become inspired and go out to emulate Rittenhouse? Except because they are cunts, they are going to do it juuussst a little "better"?

I was thinking along similar lines. If Rittenhouse is not held accountable in some way, I think we are going to see a number of these yahoos wading into protests with their strap on AR 15s so they can hunt "antifas". Given that it appears to me that the judge is acting as a part of the defense team, I see very little chance of Rittenhouse being held accountable.
We Don't Need More Prisons; We Need More Morgues

That's exactly what patriots should do to our anti-American enemies. That would send the only effective message to the ruling class that empowered these ferals and feralphiles.

No, real patriots understand that there is nothing more patriotic than the right to protest.

Fake patriots wave their ARs around like dicks, and go to protests to shoot people. Talk about your "ferals", those you would label "patriots" are the most in need of domestication.

Well, I'm late to this, but I am going to stick my neck out and say he gets off on self defense. The whole situation was fucked up from the beginning. I think his mother should be on the stand. He never should've been there with a weapon. He wanted to show he was a tough guy with a gun. And now 2 are dead and a third wounded. what a shit show. He's an example of what happens when we glorify gun culture in this country so much.

But as a legal point, none of that matters. The case turns on narrow issues of self defense at the time of the shooting. I see him getting off. The judge may even throw it out without letting it go to a jury.
Yes, that is the defense's tactic. But actual self defense really doesn't apply here. He crossed a police line illegally armed and in violation of curfew. He had many opportunities to leave. He did so to join a fight. You cannot argue self defense if you willingly join into the fight. You have to have "clean hands" to claim self defense.

I'm sure the prosecutor will explain this in the closing statements. Whether that will be compelling to the jury or not is anyone's guess.
Well, no. Violating the police line and the curfew do not mean you lose your right to self defense. You only lose that if you intend to commit a violent act. You say he was looking for a fight. You have to prove that specific intent beyond a reasonable doubt. But what is the specific evidence for that? Did he say something to that effect before the shooting? Not that I’ve heard. Was he pointing the weapon at someone before all of this happened? Apparently not.

The other problem is that once the prosecution starts to argue that, they open the door to the others propensity for violent acts. Two of them at least have criminal pasts involving gun crimes, domestic violence, and sexual offense with a minor. That can come out if the prosecution isn’t careful. That coming out will not help the prosecution.

sorry. I think he’s a stupid little fuck. His parents are even worse. But he’s not going to be found guilty of murder. He’ll get off in self defense.
No. It’s irrelevant to the issue of self defense. You don’t become fair game for attack unless you have put someone in imminent peril yourself. What happened a minute prior to the shooting may even not be relevant. if someone with a gun is backing away from a conflict, and hasn't used some kind of unjustified deadly force, you cannot attack him And doing so could allow him to claim self defense.

These are technical legal issues. Others have said that he pointed the gun at Mr. Ziminski, and that MIGHT hurt his claim, but the problem is that he took no further action to indicate violence. He tried to leave the area, about the only smart thing he did, and Rosenbaum came after him. Once he does that Rosenbaum’s actions were not self defense or a defense of others. If at that point Rosenbaum initiates the attack, Rittenhouse can defend himself. Recall also that Ziminski fired off a round a few seconds before (and admitted it). According to Rittenhouse, ZimI ski told Rosenbaum to get him and kill him. I’m sure Ziminski will dispute that. But earlier Rosenbaum had apparently made threats to kill Rittenhouse earlier.

Even prosecution witnesses agreed that Rittenhouse was backing away, saying friendly, friendly. The prosecution is arguing that Rosenbaum didn’t have the means to carry out the threat because he was unarmed. Rittenhouse testified though that he grabbed the gun. The video I saw was unclear about that but the pathologist said he was shot at close range. What’s undeniable from the video though is that Rittenhouse was indeed running away from Rosenbaum. At that point he is not the aggressor. That is a HUGE issue when it comes to self defense. Even if he was initially the aggressor before that, the very fact that he backs away shows he is no longer a threat and Rosenbaum should’ve walked away too. That is basically self defense law 101. He will get off.
I would argue that a person too young to legally carry a semiautomatic weapon into a crowded demonstration DID put a lot of people in immediate danger. Anyone could have grabbed that weapon away from that kid and started shooting. I would argue that Rittenhouse DID indeed go to that demonstration intending to shoot ‘bad guys.’

I would further argue that the men who pursued Rittenhouse were acting in the same good faith that supposedly Rittenhouse was acting under: they were chasing someone sought by police, who had just killed an unarmed man.

I don’t agree that the first shooting was justified. But if you think Rittenhouse was justified in the first instance, you certainly should understand the actions of the second and third man: they were trying to apprehend a under suspect—which, I believe, was Rittenhouse’s wet dream.
I’m sorry, but that’s not the law of self defense. Here’s a pretty good legal explanation: https://lawofselfdefense.com/rittenhouse-1/

As an aside, I see the judge has just ruled out Lesser included offenses. That’s a bad sign for the prosecution. They probably knew they were over reaching with murder. It will be up to the jurors now, but I think the instructions will be clear that they will acquit.
Here’s the actual Wisconsin statute:

Not only are Leftist sick sadistically, but they also have a secret desire to be raped by some sweaty career-criminal thug.
I also hear they eat puppies and put pineapple on pizza.
nope, sorry... the fear is the leftists are men, and the boys that the conservatives sacrifice for thier benefit are going to live to tell the tale... pronouns... those useless things....

Here’s the actual Wisconsin statute:

they have a big warehouse full of beer, why ain't that in the news....?

This is the "clean hands" part:
939.48(2) (2) Provocation affects the privilege of self-defense as follows:

939.48(2)(a) (a) A person who engages in unlawful conduct of a type likely to provoke others to attack him or her and thereby does provoke an attack is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense against such attack, except when the attack which ensues is of a type causing the person engaging in the unlawful conduct to reasonably believe that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. In such a case, the person engaging in the unlawful conduct is privileged to act in self-defense, but the person is not privileged to resort to the use of force intended or likely to cause death to the person's assailant unless the person reasonably believes he or she has exhausted every other reasonable means to escape from or otherwise avoid death or great bodily harm at the hands of his or her assailant.

So what? Predacious little fuckers
"Predacious little fucker" describes Joseph Rosenbaum much better actually.
rosenbaumsexoffender.jpg

And what about Mom-the-accessory?
How was KR's mother an "accessory"? Please be specific.

No, real patriots understand that there is nothing more patriotic than the right to protest.
"Right to protest" does not include burning down businesses and vandalizing a courthouse and a museum, which is what #BLM and Antifa creeps were doing in Kenosha at that time.
It also does not include the right to be hunted down and killed by AR toting idiots who think they are fucking patriots, but are in reality fascists.

Obviously trump was right to want to shoot violent protesters. The Capitol Police should have been well enough armed to mow down everyone who entered or damaged the building. And that might have shut the seditionists up so we wouldn’t still be dealing with Trumpers’ Big Lie.

“Right to protest” doesn’t include killing and injuring cops, and certainly doesn’t include causing the dreaded PROPERTY DAMAGE!!!

A video of him has been posted where he was observing people (possibly looters and others) coming out of a CVS in which he said he wished he had his gun. In other words, implying he was willing to shoot people at large who,
No. It does not imply that. It is consistent with that but it is also consistent with many other scenarios, like "they would get a fright from seeing the gun and maybe rethink their actions" or not as any kind of threat at all, like when a sitcom character says "the things you see when you haven't got a gun".

He literally says "I'd start shooting rounds at them."

A video of him has been posted where he was observing people (possibly looters and others) coming out of a CVS in which he said he wished he had his gun. In other words, implying he was willing to shoot people at large who,
No. It does not imply that. It is consistent with that but it is also consistent with many other scenarios, like "they would get a fright from seeing the gun and maybe rethink their actions" or not as any kind of threat at all, like when a sitcom character says "the things you see when you haven't got a gun".

Just locker room talk…

In before "Maybe he meant rounds of beer from a bar."

If that is the law, it looks like a pretty bad one: A person on the run would have to choose between getting killed and breaking the law. The rational choice would almost certainly be to break the law and shoot, which might or might not get him killed years later, depending on the punishment for shooting back and of course whether he actually gets caught. There is still a question as to whether that's a morally acceptable choice, of course: maybe it would be rational but immoral to shoot back, yet permissible but irrational not to! However, there probably are plenty of cases that do not fall into that category because it's not immoral to shoot back - e.g., at least, most of the cases in which the violence that was initiated did not amount to something for which he deserves to be executed.
The point is, and has been shown by the prosecution's line of questioning, that KR knew quite clearly he was putting himself into a dangerous situation which reduces significantly his ability to claim self defense.

You can't climb into a WWF wrestling ring and then cry unfair when get your ass beat.
That is not the point I was commenting on (and by the way, you can go - for example - into a dangerous neighborhood and then sue if you get your ass beat, so there is no general principle that you can't cry unfair after putting yourself in danger; but still not the point I was commenting on. And no, the dangerous neighborhood is not meant as an analogy to Rittenhouse case, but rather a reply to the WWF wrestling analogy).
Rittenhouse wasn't just going into a situation where he expected he might be in danger--he was actively seeking out a dangerous situation so that he could prove himself to be a hero. By shooting bad guys.
I'm not sure why that is a reply to my post. I did not make any claims about his motivation, one way or another.

This is the "clean hands" part:
939.48(2) (2) Provocation affects the privilege of self-defense as follows:

939.48(2)(a) (a) A person who engages in unlawful conduct of a type likely to provoke others to attack him or her and thereby does provoke an attack is not entitled to claim the privilege of self-defense against such attack, except when the attack which ensues is of a type causing the person engaging in the unlawful conduct to reasonably believe that he or she is in imminent danger of death or great bodily harm. In such a case, the person engaging in the unlawful conduct is privileged to act in self-defense, but the person is not privileged to resort to the use of force intended or likely to cause death to the person's assailant unless the person reasonably believes he or she has exhausted every other reasonable means to escape from or otherwise avoid death or great bodily harm at the hands of his or her assailant.

Looks like the judge is going to include provocation in the jury instructions, but it doesn't apply to breaking curfew, being crossing police lines, etc. It's the state's theory that KR started the altercation by raising his gun and pointing it at someone right before the shooting. They say video shows it. The video is hard to see, I can't see what they're describing. The defense disputes it.

But the theory does make sense, because both sides agree he puts down his fire extinguisher right before the alleged gun movement. Which would probably do if he wanted to brandish the weapon. He's at the Car Source at this point, the place that he was sworn to protect with his life. There is a fire there, but he doesn't take his extinguisher over to the fire, he puts it down instead. Plausibly, he put it down, to use the gun to scare off the arsonists. Just like he did to the yellow pants guy earlier in the night. The defense says at this point, JR shouts "gun gun gun" which would be consistent with KR raising his.

Anyway, if he provokes the attack, he has a duty to retreat and he has to announce his withdrawal to the other guy. He does start to retreat but turns around. Defense says he couldn't keep going because a lot people in front of him.

This is a complicated case, it all happens very fast, hard to pin down, what should decide. I think that helps KR, helps add doubt. It is the state's burden to disprove self defense.

I've never said anything I don't mean literally.

Back
Top Bottom