• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rush Limbaugh death pool?

How much time and will he be replaced?

• a few weeks and no replacement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a few months and no replacement

• a year or more and no replacement

• a few weeks and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • a few months and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • a year or more and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
Because there's one thing I know
I'd like to live long enough to savour

That's when they finally put you in the ground
I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

Good riddance

Because there's one thing I know
I'd like to live long enough to savour

That's when they finally put you in the ground
I'll stand on your grave and tramp the dirt down

Good riddance

Of course, it's fiction. But I can't help replaying that scene from the movie Ghost. When the demonic black shapes come for the soul of the bad guy.
Tom

ETA ~Rest in piss~

Reminds me of Byron's, "Stop, traveller, and piss.", The last line of a quatrain he penned commemorating the death of some British bastard. Lord Castlereigh, some big wig...will check...

I have heard of him but have never heard him. Seems a controversial figure.

Lots of people have heard of him but have never actually heard him. I read his book, The Way Things Ought To Be, when I was much younger. I remember that I thought it was pretty good. I've read a book by David Horowitz too, the title of which I don't remember (memory is really awful lately), and I thought it was rippingly good.

Anyway, I still wanna know who GenesisNemesis thought was too weak or too lazy. Hard to know what some folks are thinking when they type one liners and zingers.

I guess he was too weak and lazy.

Who?

Rush Stifflimbs.

Ah, alright. I thought you might have meant me, whose post was directly before yours. And I had written that I was going to check something...

Anyway, paranoia aside,

No, Rush was neither weak nor lazy, as should be obvious to anyone. shitler wasn't weak or lazy either, though he was monstrously evil. If shitler had been weak and lazy, then the Holocaust may not have happened, unless brought to fruition by other actors, such as the major loony Goebbels.

You see what I'm getting at? It does no good to accuse a political enemy of traits they did not possess. It does not further your argument, nor strengthen your position.

Rush Limbaugh may have been guilty of much stupidity and his character could very well be vulnerable to justifiable criticism, but calling him weak and lazy is factually incorrect. He was a strong character and industrious. That does not mean he was not a fool.

Rush Stifflimbs.

Ah, alright. I thought you might have meant me, whose post was directly before yours. And I had written that I was going to check something...

Anyway, paranoia aside,

No, Rush was neither weak nor lazy, as should be obvious to anyone. shitler wasn't weak or lazy either, though he was monstrously evil. If shitler had been weak and lazy, then the Holocaust may not have happened, unless brought to fruition by other actors, such as the major loony Goebbels.

You see what I'm getting at? It does no good to accuse a political enemy of traits they did not possess. It does not further your argument, nor strengthen your position.

Rush Limbaugh may have been guilty of much stupidity and his character could very well be vulnerable to justifiable criticism, but calling him weak and lazy is factually incorrect. He was a strong character and industrious. That does not mean he was not a fool.

I'm pretty sure it was a reference to the Texas Mayor who just resigned either directly before, or directly after, comments he made about the citizens of his town being weak and lazy during the unprecedented winter storm that just hit them.

ETA: several have died in Texas as a result of the storm, so those people were obviously weak and lazy.

I'm amazed to hear of an English speaking North American who has never heard Rush Limbaugh.

I realize it's possible. But, dayum!

It's like somebody telling me they'd never seen Madonna.

How did you manage this feat? There's a ton of entertainment figures I'd prefer to avoid. But I'm not good enough at the internetz to remain that clean.
Tom

I'm amazed to hear of an English speaking North American who has never heard Rush Limbaugh.

How did you manage this feat? There's a ton of entertainment figures I'd prefer to avoid. But I'm not good enough at the internetz to remain that clean.

I believe he was an AM radio broadcaster and I rarely listen to AM radio. Maybe he was not broadcast in the Los Angeles area. But even if he was, I don't think his show would be my cup of tea and would have changed the station anyway. Perhaps I did stumble upon him but if I did, it hasn't registered. I'm an FM guy on my commute.

Rush Stifflimbs.

Anyway, paranoia aside,

I'm pretty sure it was a reference to the Texas Mayor who just resigned either directly before, or directly after, comments he made about the citizens of his town being weak and lazy during the unprecedented winter storm that just hit them.

ETA: several have died in Texas as a result of the storm, so those people were obviously weak and lazy.

Ah...

Didn't get the reference, GM.

I used to listen in to his show from time to time while driving around the Valley. He was charismatic, clever, and had a good voice for radio. Alas, those were his only good qualities.

Back
Top Bottom