• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rush Limbaugh death pool?

How much time and will he be replaced?

• a few weeks and no replacement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a few months and no replacement

• a year or more and no replacement

• a few weeks and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • a few months and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • a year or more and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
During the height of the AIDs crisis in the 80's, Limbaugh had a regular segment where he would celebrate and laugh at the deaths of homosexuals with AIDS by playing Dionne Warwicks "I'll never love this way again"

He is the godfather of the current Trump movement and the alt-right.
It was Dionne Warwick at first. After Freddie Mercury died, he changed it to "Another One Bites the Dust".

God damn I'm trying really really hard to not let myself be happy he is dead, but you are trying me something fierce.

I feel absolutely no guilt or hesitation in being happy about it. The only thing negative about his death is that it didn't come 50 years ago before he caused so much harm to so many people. It's was his life that was cause for sadness.

Funny how those who hate him can't seem to stop talking about him. If you knew anything about him you would know that was his intention from the get go. His detractors propelled him.

Fiends, Romans, and countrymen….we come to bury Limbaugh not praise him. So to speak.

Funny how those who hate him can't seem to stop talking about him. If you knew anything about him you would know that was his intention from the get go. His detractors propelled him.

Fiends, Romans, and countrymen….we come to bury Limbaugh not praise him. So to speak.

It was the hate and bigotry of all his fans and the Republican base that propelled his career. The fact that he took glee in others pointing out his immorality isn't a reason not to point out his immorality. He was a cancer and the disease he spread is alive and well and rules the GOP and is the very soul of the alt-right and Trump movements. Thus, it makes sense to talk about him and to shun any notions that one should not celebrate his death any more than one shouldn't celebrate the removal of a tumor.

Oh, let people have their fun. You only die once.

And without dyslogies, it's only eulogies. You want his fans to have the last word on who and what the man was? If so, he'll die a hero and martyr for free speech and the preservation of American culture.

Which, let us be clear, he was not.

God damn I'm trying really really hard to not let myself be happy he is dead, but you are trying me something fierce.

I feel absolutely no guilt or hesitation in being happy about it. The only thing negative about his death is that it didn't come 50 years ago before he caused so much harm to so many people. It's was his life that was cause for sadness.

"If his death came 50 years earlier"...

How about "if he had decided to not be a piece of shit earlier"?

We can say what ifs of either form. He was a shitty human. As I have said, I mourn that this is the only solution left to the universe, for men to die, as "intractable and shitty forever" is a forever of awful; I can do nothing else, as the solution cuts me almost as hard in guaranteeing that love, too, will be taken from me, and I will in turn be taken all the same. This is the blessing of death, and it's price. I will not celebrate that. I will mourn it until someone, or no-one mourns me too.

The great tragedy here is the life he lived, that he did not decide to be better.

How about "if he had decided to not be a piece of shit earlier"?

We can say what ifs of either form. He was a shitty human. As I have said, I mourn that this is the only solution left to the universe, for men to die, as "intractable and shitty forever" is a forever of awful; I can do nothing else, as the solution cuts me almost as hard in guaranteeing that love, too, will be taken from me, and I will in turn be taken all the same. This is the blessing of death, and it's price. I will not celebrate that. I will mourn it until someone, or no-one mourns me too.

The great tragedy here is the life he lived, that he did not decide to be better.

Hmm..."be better."

That could be like...a slogan for some sort of effort on the part of someone married to an important person like a politician. A spouse who had no political power themselves, but still wanted to make the world a better place.

On a serious note, it has now been almost exactly 34 years since my father passed away unexpectedly. Same day as Rush...February 17th. Of course it was a terrible loss, but I it also taught me a life lesson I've tried to pass on:

Live your life in such a way that your funeral is standing room only.

We didn't have a traditional service (in fact the funeral director was beside himself because my mother wanted to do everything "wrong" in his estimation), and instead of some preacher droning on about how "he's in a better place now" it was his friends and fishing buddies who got up and told stories about him. Thing is, the funeral home simply didn't have enough chairs to accommodate everyone who showed up to pay their respects. Everyone else had to crowd in at the back of the room. I never saw that before, and haven't seen it since.

Let's just say I'll never bring that one up in a conversation. The sooner forgotten the better.

He's 97. One of those pinko RINOs that a true Trumpie knows is from the Deep, make that Deeeeeep State. And, since he lost in '96. obviously a choker, and again, concerning WWII, which I think was fought in 1812 or something, we Trumpies prefer war heroes who didn't get wounded.

Apparently, Bob Dole is going to be rush copycat...a ditto head if you will.

I was surprised to find dole was still alive.

Me too.

Dole is considering a career in talk radio? It's a brutal business. I'm finding this implausible, to be charitable in my wording.
Tom

It was the hate and bigotry of all his fans and the Republican base that propelled his career. The fact that he took glee in others pointing out his immorality isn't a reason not to point out his immorality. He was a cancer and the disease he spread is alive and well and rules the GOP and is the very soul of the alt-right and Trump movements. Thus, it makes sense to talk about him and to shun any notions that one should not celebrate his death any more than one shouldn't celebrate the removal of a tumor.

Propaganda 101, create an enemy and a threat. Then motivate support against the imagined threat. The comparison would be more to Joseph Goebels Hitler's propaganda minister. He made good use of the then new radio medium. In the USA Macarthy.

When FOX began attacking's CNN and specific people CNN allowed itself to be pulled down responding in kind. Fodder for Limbaugh. The evil mainstream media is out to get you.

What is protecting us s far is an unrestricted press that can counter the likes of Limbaugh.

Listening to Randi Rhodes this afternoon. She knows the person at Clearchannel that will be choosing Rush's replacement. She says a good chance the woman at CC will try to get Trump to replace Rush.

BTW, Randi has a great deal of respect for Rush as a broadcaster.
There is no Clear Channel anymore. Hasn't been for a long time.

I know! I can offer up "thoughts and prayers!"
That should satisfy me, since thoughts-n'prayers are worthless, like Rush Limbaugh was.
And it should satisfy Righties, since they l-o-o-o-ove to offer up thoughts and prayers every time a school gets shot up by someone celebrating their second amendment rights.

Me too.

Dole is considering a career in talk radio? It's a brutal business. I'm finding this implausible, to be charitable in my wording.
Tom
No, that wasn't the meaning. Dole has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. The photos on google are truly distressing.

Me too.

Tom
No, that wasn't the meaning. Dole has been diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. The photos on google are truly distressing.

Stop, now I have another impending death to marshal myself against feeling good about it.

Back
Top Bottom