• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rush Limbaugh death pool?

How much time and will he be replaced?

• a few weeks and no replacement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • a few months and no replacement

• a year or more and no replacement

• a few weeks and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • a few months and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • a year or more and his replacement is waiting

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

masterpeastheater

Basic Beliefs
agnostic leaning atheist
How much longer does Herr Goeb...Uh, I mean, Rush Have?
I don't know, but when he goes it will be a rare occasion for
gravedancing for me, same when Cheney and Trump go.
Sometimes I think that there could be a nuclear holocaust
and that cocksucker would still be on the air, blaming it on
and inciting his listeners to kill the remaining libs while
everyone dies slowly of radiation poisoning anyway.
But seriously, aside from his backers propping up his corpse
and making his vocal cords and mouth move mechanically
to spew the required propaganda, I think he has roughly a year yet
and will be replaced by Mark Levin. Rush's own guest hosts just
aren't evil and obnoxious enough to really hammer the propaganda home,
but Mark Levin could.

Last edited:
I think they have a replacement. Altough there is no guarantee the replacment will command the same audience.

Good point, I'm sure the oligarchs behind rush are besides themselves wondering who can get the same audience.
Rush is like Oprah for old white guys, who is going to tell these people what to think, now.

I suspect Rush won't last long, and I suspect they have a few likely replacements they will try out, and have some preferred choices. Not that I care. It will end up being somebody just as stupid, irresponsible and just as big a conspiracy mongering moron. Not Levine, Who is already on radio, cable and has his own operation besides. He is already stretched thin.

When will he go?: Not soon enough.

I'm sure hell be 'replaced'. I just hope the replacement doesn't command the same audience.

I'm not going on a pool on when someone will die. That is tasteless. Limbaugh is a disease in his own right and has harmed America greatly, but a death pool? Seriously?!

Regarding a replacement, yeah, someone will take his spot, but I have no idea who. I don't know whether Limbaugh has ordained someone or the AM sphere is ordaining someone. There is only one Limbaugh, though he definitely degraded with time as to his propaganda, going from dumb to ridiculous to outrageous. Mark Levin is an idiot and couldn't fit in Limbaugh's shoes. Limbaugh came across as an authority somehow. Levin is just a blowhard that doesn't actually talk any substance. I wonder if Gorka would be the replacement, as he has showed for Limbaugh in the past, though it seems he has his own program now in place of Michael Medved. Certainly, someone will save money as no one who'd replace Limbaugh is worth what they were paying Limbaugh.

The other guess is they do guests and see who pans out the best.

Whereas the right tends towards single-issue, the left doesn't. It can be hard to understand that, I suppose?

Like, we care about racism. We see it as a HUGE issue, don't get me wrong.

But it's not like the policies we propose to address it don't also act as a part of a comprehensive plan to address a plethora of societal failings.

The prescription is generally "more money for education, less for military/police, end the drug war, increase taxes, offer basic income guarantees, end for profit prisons, outlaw use of proxies over directly relevant qualities."

The above will help everyone, and as I will note, none of the above mention race at all. They are general solutions to general problems. It just happens that racism is one of the problems these generalize to.

I'm not going on a pool on when someone will die. That is tasteless. Limbaugh is a disease in his own right and has harmed America greatly, but a death pool? Seriously?!
Totally agree with you Jimmy except for Limbaugh being a disease, he was just a radio entertainer.
Regarding a replacement, yeah, someone will take his spot, but I have no idea who.
Nobody can replace Limbaugh IMO. They might try to put someone in his place but no one will have ever have his style and ease with the microphone.
I don't know whether Limbaugh has ordained someone or the AM sphere is ordaining someone. There is only one Limbaugh, though he definitely degraded with time as to his propaganda, going from dumb to ridiculous to outrageous. Mark Levin is an idiot and couldn't fit in Limbaugh's shoes. Limbaugh came across as an authority somehow. Levin is just a blowhard that doesn't actually talk any substance. I wonder if Gorka would be the replacement, as he has showed for Limbaugh in the past, though it seems he has his own program now in place of Michael Medved. Certainly, someone will save money as no one who'd replace Limbaugh is worth what they were paying Limbaugh.

The other guess is they do guests and see who pans out the best.
Maybe Trump himself might put on some kind of show?

I think he should get a second Medal of Freedom. Just to put more stink on it. Anymore, if you get a Presidential pardon or the M. of F., it's shorthand for "I'm a douche."

I agree with Higgins. A death pool is sick; but Jimmy would probably disagree with the following remarks:

This is a sick idea for a thread, but it's a kind of sickness that is being tolerated in the current climate of American and even world politics. I believe many will not only tolerate this kind of sickness, but will actively, even viciously, encourage it.

I agree with Higgins. A death pool is sick; but Jimmy would probably disagree with the following remarks:

This is a sick idea for a thread, but it's a kind of sickness that is being tolerated in the current climate of American and even world politics. I believe many will not only tolerate this kind of sickness, but will actively, even viciously, encourage it.

I agree.
I will be happy when Rush leaves the airwaves, whether he ODs on oxycontin or gets cancelled by advertisers. But the death pool is kinda gross.
Tom

I agree.
I will be happy when Rush leaves the airwaves, whether he ODs on oxycontin or gets cancelled by advertisers. But the death pool is kinda gross.
Tom

I agree with that sentiment. I also like the idea that you reap what you sow and if anyone deserves such treatment, it's Limbaugh. For my part, I would say he is a vile fucking cunt whilst he is still alive and after he dies my stance will change dramatically to he was a vile fucking cunt.

Fuck Rush Limbaugh, he wouldn't appreciate me virtue signalling anyways, even if it's on his own behalf I'm sure.

Limbaugh has been perfectly capable of humorous asides about the recently deceased (the week Jerry Garcia died, he was pleased with himself for ad libbing, "Does he know that he is dead?"... i.e., ha-ha, he was a druggie, now he's dead -- this was in the time frame that Rush was mainlining oxycontin.) I'm sure there are more recent examples, but I haven't tuned in since 1999 or so.
So fuck him.

Whereas the right tends towards single-issue, the left doesn't. It can be hard to understand that, I suppose?

Like, we care about racism. We see it as a HUGE issue, don't get me wrong.

It's a much smaller issue than the woke Left always claims. And it's also a lot more complex than the woke Left claims - it's not just about evil racist white people. You can find racism in every racial group directed against every racial group. The CRT dogma of "all white people are racist and only white people are racist" is just pseudo-religious nonsense.

But it's not like the policies we propose to address it don't also act as a part of a comprehensive plan to address a plethora of societal failings.

Like shutting down pipelines to appease extremist ecomentalists and Indians?

The prescription is generally "more money for education,
Blindly throwing money at amorphous concept of "education" is not going to help matters. For one, US is already spending a great deal of money on education.
15434.jpeg
More money is not helping when a lot of it is wasted on more and more byzantine administration.

Second, a lot of what passes for "education" in the US is miseducation. Useless at best, harmful at worst. The CRT-esque ethnic studies curriculum in California is a case in point. Public schools should not be pushing a particular political agenda onto their students. That's not education, that's indoctrination.

less for military/police,

How is anybody helped by that, except for criminals?

end the drug war,
That one actually makes sense. I would take it a step further and also end the war on sex work.

increase taxes, offer basic income guarantees,

Increase taxes on whom? Basic income is a very controversial idea even on the Left.

end for profit prisons,

Another good idea, but the hard Left wants to end all prisons, which is idiotic.

outlaw use of proxies over directly relevant qualities."

What do you mean by that? The Left loves to use irrelevant qualities such as race and gender to give people they like advantages in college/grad/professional school applications and employment.

The above will help everyone, and as I will note, none of the above mention race at all.

Debatable, and a lot of it depends how it is implemented. Any of those things you mention can be implemented in a race-neutral or what is euphemistically called "race-conscious" (in plain English: racially discriminatory) way.

And you are ignoring the plethora of racial policy demands on the Left - doubling down on racial preferences, so-called "reparations", not deporting illegals even when they commit crimes are all live ideas on the Left, and each one of them has a racial motivation.

They are general solutions to general problems. It just happens that racism is one of the problems these generalize to.

But only one kind of racism. Black racism routinely gets a pass on the Left.

Back
Top Bottom