• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

Not to the founder, to his daughter.
pleaded or convicted about lying. Cohen accepted hundreds of thousands from a Ukranian firm.

Did I mention the secret meeting between Trump's son, son-in-law, Paul Manafort with the Kremlin informant, about promising information to use against Hillary Clinton? (in most circles, we consider that a smoking gun, but not for Trump)

The Roger Stone in contact with Assange thing?

Oh, and this little diddy.
If this is all there is to it then this is yuge nothing burger if you ask me.
This is what we know of. We know that the Trump Campaign tried to collude with Russians.

We believe we know that there was communications between Stone and Assange regarding the release of stolen DNC emails. Where that goes, time will tell.
Assange is not russian, as far as we know.

This is what we know of. We know that the Trump Campaign tried to collude with Russians.

We believe we know that there was communications between Stone and Assange regarding the release of stolen DNC emails. Where that goes, time will tell.
Assange is not russian, as far as we know.

Nobody is accusing anyone of trying to collude with Assange. That he was a vehicle for Russian collusion with the Trump campaign--yeah, there are accusations out there.

This long article paints a picture of former felons assisting various Middle East government princes in manipulating President Trump and making a lot of money in the process. It explains much, and there's a lot of supporting documentation HERE. It shows how Trump is so easily manipulated since he knows virtually nothing about anything. This is big.

P.S. Perhaps the list of foreign governments that did not collude with the Trump campaign/administration is shorter.

This long article paints a picture of former felons assisting various Middle East government princes in manipulating President Trump and making a lot of money in the process. It explains much, and there's a lot of supporting documentation HERE. It shows how Trump is so easily manipulated since he knows virtually nothing about anything. This is big.

P.S. Perhaps the list of foreign governments that did not collude with the Trump campaign/administration is shorter.

Yeah, we're gonna have to change the name of this thread to the Russia/Saudi/JHYNA investigation.

Roger Stone Pressed For Damaging Emails About Hillary Clinton From WikiLeaks: Report

Donald Trump’s former campaign adviser Roger Stone pressured an acquaintance to ask WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for “damaging” emails on Hillary Clinton during the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign, The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday.

Stone has long denied any involvement with the trove of hacked Democratic National Committee emails that WikiLeaks published during the 2016 campaign. He also testified before the House Intelligence Committee last year that he only “wanted confirmation” that Assange had information about Trump’s opponent.

But according to a series of emails The Wall Street Journal reviewed for its Thursday article, Stone did more than ask for confirmation. In September 2016, he apparently badgered radio personality Randy Credico to press Assange for emails related to Clinton’s alleged role in disrupting a purported Libyan peace deal while she was secretary of state.

Credico reportedly emailed back that Stone should check the WikiLeaks website for the information he wanted, since WikiLeaks had already posted the hacked DNC emails that July. According to the Journal, Stone responded: “Why do we assume WikiLeaks has released everything they have???”

Credico reportedly wrote to Stone that the Libya information would likely be in a “batch probably coming out in the next drop,” presumably meaning in the next set of hacked emails WikiLeaks published.

“I can’t ask them favors every other day,” Credico complained, according to the Journal. “I asked one of his lawyers ... they have major legal headaches ... relax.”

Stone became so insistent that Credico told the Journal that he “got tired” of Stone “bothering” him. Credico said he didn’t even pass along Stone’s message to Assange, whom he had interviewed for his radio program, but still told Stone that he had.

Stone tweeted during the election that he had a “back channel” to Assange, which could have meant Credico. He soon deleted the tweet.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-emails-wikileaks_us_5b073dc7e4b0802d69c979d7

Wow, so, even aside from working with Guccifer 2.0, he was then trying another backdoor to Assange to get even more emails before the election.

How is Trump going to get rid of this guy?

I suspect Stone maybe getting charged along with the others. Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow.

I suspect Stone maybe getting charged along with the others. Couldn't happen to a nicer fellow.

I expect very little to happen as Cheato ramps up his war against the rule of law. By now, Mueller is sitting on a nuclear button that dwarfs the size of Cheato's and Little Rocket Man's put together. And he'll press that button on the day when Cheato finally can't take it any more, and makes his move to fire Mueller and/or Rosenstein. At that point a flood of indictments and referrals to various State and Federal courts will come down. Cheato almmost certainly knows that's what will happen, but nonetheless it will eventually become the lesser evil of his 2 options. The other option would be to let Mueller truly finish out the investigation, and hope he isn't personally implicated. But the only chance of that happening (since he's guilty as hell) is if Mueller does a half-assed job. And that's not likely. So The Day will come, I predict...

It still amazes me.

What did these idiots think was going to happen?

It's one thing to be a TV personality, or for your dad to be a TV personality and an E list celebrity, but no light shines brighter or hotter than the one focused on the POTUS and all of his dealings.

One minute I think Trump knew this and didn't want to win, but got elected by freak accident. The next I'm thinking these people were too stupid to understand what they were getting themselves into.

It's so perplexing to try and understand what Trump was thinking. Sure, he's a buffoon and utterly unqualified, but he does know about media exposure better than 99.9% of the people on the planet. Considering that, the idea that he didn't think he would win and didn't want to win explains everything. This picture may say a lot:

DD_aOZzXcAEk_NF.jpg

But then look at Don Jr. in the background. If his dad didn't want to win, Jr. certainly wasn't privy to that information.

Maybe Trump was just tired? Maybe the reality of what he'd done finally hit him in that moment?

We'll probably never know.

It still amazes me.

It's one thing to be a TV personality, or for your dad to be a TV personality and an E list celebrity, but no light shines brighter or hotter than the one focused on the POTUS and all of his dealings.

I don't think they realized that it was going to be different than the business world where keeping quiet about dirty deeds was usually enough.

It still amazes me.

I don't think they realized that it was going to be different than the business world where keeping quiet about dirty deeds was usually enough.

Actually, I think it is worse than that. Donald Trump has had close ties with organized crime in the past, seemingly because he believes that is normal and necessary in the real estate business. IOW, I agree with Opoponax's negative assessment of Trump. Others in that business have not always agreed with his methods. Based on remarks that Trump made in the past, especially during the campaign, I believe that he is fully aware of how morally wrong and illegal such behavior is. In his mind, the entire system is so corrupt that he can hardly be blamed for doing what everyone else does (or is too weak and indecisive to do). Since he now runs the government, he has a lot of power to use that system, and everyone who opposes him is either clueless about reality or a hypocrite.

Actually, I think it is worse than that. Donald Trump has had close ties with organized crime in the past, seemingly because he believes that is normal and necessary in the real estate business. IOW, I agree with Opoponax's negative assessment of Trump. Others in that business have not always agreed with his methods. Based on remarks that Trump made in the past, especially during the campaign, I believe that he is fully aware of how morally wrong and illegal such behavior is. In his mind, the entire system is so corrupt that he can hardly be blamed for doing what everyone else does (or is too weak and indecisive to do). Since he now runs the government, he has a lot of power to use that system, and everyone who opposes him is either clueless about reality or a hypocrite.

Agreed. While I also think Putin turned him into a Russian asset years ago, I don’t think it was in any way a Herculean task. Growing up the way Trump did—and conducting business the way he does (i.e., vulture capitalism)—made him an easy target. You don’t consider Roy Cohen your “mentor.” That is some deep psychosexual, eyes wide shut sociopathy that only rich, white privileged jackoffs like young Trump could possibly be embroiled in and combined with serious mommy/daddy issues and a sort of son of a preacher man insider’s view of NY real estate (and all that this entails), gets you a deeply troubled, easily pliable “weaponizeable” asset.

Trump seriously believes that he personally is above the law and why wouldn’t he? For his entire life, it’s been true. So he’s really just being Trump. All Putin has done is manipulated this whirling fog of corruption,who has seen the inner workings of the “establishment” all of his life.

That’s probably the biggest irony of all of this clusterfuck. It’s not that he’s anti-establishment in the sense of being against it; he’s anti-establishment in the sense that it’s his daddy’s world, but as much as he hates it, he also loves it and is completely reliant upon it and has desperately courted its approval otoh while pushing its face in its own shit with the other hand.

This could be the start of something big...

Manafort Heads to Jail After Judge Criticizes Witness Tampering

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ail-after-judge-cancels-house-arrest-jig5977k

Apparently, Manafort used a technique called "foldering" to try to communicate secretly with those he was trying to influence. He reportedly used Whatsapp, an encrypted service (which I sometimes use), to create drafts of email that he never sent. He gave the password away to his cronies. They were expected to read the drafts and then delete them. Unfortunately for him, not everyone wants to join in a criminal conspiracy, so a couple of folks turned him in to investigators. Now Manafort sits in jail, thinking about presidential pardons and the rats who ratted him out.

This could be the start of something big...

Manafort Heads to Jail After Judge Criticizes Witness Tampering

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ail-after-judge-cancels-house-arrest-jig5977k

Apparently, Manafort used a technique called "foldering" to try to communicate secretly with those he was trying to influence. He reportedly used Whatsapp, an encrypted service (which I sometimes use), to create drafts of email that he never sent. He gave the password away to his cronies. They were expected to read the drafts and then delete them. Unfortunately for him, not everyone wants to join in a criminal conspiracy, so a couple of folks turned him in to investigators. Now Manafort sits in jail, thinking about presidential pardons and the rats who ratted him out.

Wasn't it General Patreaus that got busted for doing the same thing?

Foldering is an old counterintelligence trick. Let's say I want you to read an email, but I don't want it intercepted. I write the email, and save it as a draft, in the draft folder. In some other way, let's say an encrypted social sharing app, I give you the password to my email account. You go in, read the email in the draft folder, and log out after you are done. You got the communication, and the email was never actually sent. Hard to say you're not trying to tamper with witnesses using such a technique.

Back
Top Bottom