• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

The leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday largely endorsed the findings of the intelligence community that Russia sought to sway the 2016 U.S. elections through a hacking and influence campaign, and they called for a “more aggressive, whole-of-government approach” to ensure future elections are not similarly compromised.

“There is consensus among members and staff that we trust the conclusions of the ICA,” Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the committee’s chairman, said at Wednesday news conference, referring to the intelligence community’s assessment that Russia was behind hackings of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign director John Podesta’s email account and had attempted to exploit public opinion by sowing false information, much of it through fake social media accounts.

“But we don’t close our consideration of it,” he added.

Burr also said that “the issue of collusion is still open” and would not be resolved until the committee’s work was done. He said that a deadline for the committee was the looming start of the 2018 primary season.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.a628be7b1a8a

So even Republicans aren't denying it.

Well fling them a dog biscuit. It has been obvious for many months to anyone paying attention, that collusion is not just a possibility, but a fact. Whether there is an airtight case against members of the Cheato cabal is the only open question.

The leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee on Wednesday largely endorsed the findings of the intelligence community that Russia sought to sway the 2016 U.S. elections through a hacking and influence campaign, and they called for a “more aggressive, whole-of-government approach” to ensure future elections are not similarly compromised.

“There is consensus among members and staff that we trust the conclusions of the ICA,” Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), the committee’s chairman, said at Wednesday news conference, referring to the intelligence community’s assessment that Russia was behind hackings of the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton campaign director John Podesta’s email account and had attempted to exploit public opinion by sowing false information, much of it through fake social media accounts.

“But we don’t close our consideration of it,” he added.

Burr also said that “the issue of collusion is still open” and would not be resolved until the committee’s work was done. He said that a deadline for the committee was the looming start of the 2018 primary season.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...bdd1236be5d_story.html?utm_term=.a628be7b1a8a

So even Republicans aren't denying it.
What about WMD in Iraq? do they still deny that there were none?
Or how is investigation in Iran-Contras doing? And what about investigation of Carter administration instigating Soviet invasion in Afghanistan? Any news on that front?

Last edited:
Or how is investigation in Iran-Contras doing? And what about investigation of Carter administration instigating Soviet invasion in Afghanistan? Any news on that front?

That's pretty vague. Is your argument all countries get involved in other countries, so RussiaGate is acceptable?

That's pretty vague. Is your argument all countries get involved in other countries, so RussiaGate is acceptable?

He is still stuck at "i know you are but what am I?"

Not all, just US. And no and yes to your question. Why do you you expect other countries behave when you yourself consistently don't?

Not all, just US. And no and yes to your question. Why do you you expect other countries behave when you yourself consistently don't?

But what about Stalin?

Stalin was an asshole, but he was not planning to invade the Europe. He was more preoccupied with terrorizing his own people.
In fact this is a general difference between Soviet Union/modern Russia and US. US government directs its aggression to outside, whereas SU/Russian government directs it inside.

But what about Stalin?

Stalin was an asshole, but he was not planning to invade the Europe. He was more preoccupied with terrorizing his own people.
In fact this is a general difference between Soviet Union/modern Russia and US. US government directs its aggression to outside, whereas SU/Russian government directs it inside.

...except when they try to overthrow other governments

Barbos cannot pronounce "Crimea" or "Ukraine"... poor boy.

Getting back to the actual Russiagate investigation , over the summer Mueller's team met with the author of the dossier on Trump that helped start the whole thing. According to CNN, the US intelligence agencies took it much more seriously at the time than they have publicly acknowledged.

ETA: And I have to add, that he had a group of prostitutes pee for him is the least concerning allegation of the dossier. It's ridiculous what people find important.

Name one case where they were pro-active in that? USSR did support a lot of popular uprising in Africa and to a lesser degree in Latin America, but it was all rather passive. The best example of "aggression" was Afhganistan, but then we learned that CIA instigated it.
In case of US, we have very long list - Iran, Chile, Cuba, Nicaragua, all over Latin America.

Getting back to the actual Russiagate investigation , over the summer Mueller's team met with the author of the dossier on Trump that helped start the whole thing. According to CNN, the US intelligence agencies took it much more seriously at the time than they have publicly acknowledged.

ETA: And I have to add, that he had a group of prostitutes pee for him is the least concerning allegation of the dossier. It's ridiculous what people find important.

But it's stupid shit that's brought people down. Clinton got impeached for a small lie about a blowjob from an investigation that began with Whitewater. Hillary's e-mail bullshit was just that: bullshit.

Whatever works to bring Trump down, no matter how petty and salacious is fine with me.

I would prefer if Trump was never elected int he first place. In fact I would prefer if he was sent to prison for his criminal activity well before this elections.

Name one case where they were pro-active in that? USSR did support a lot of popular uprising in Africa and to a lesser degree in Latin America, but it was all rather passive. The best example of "aggression" was Afhganistan, but then we learned that CIA instigated it.
In case of US, we have very long list - Iran, Chile, Cuba, Nicaragua, all over Latin America.

I agree about the US, I am just not so biased to think Russia did not do the same kinds of things, like with satellite countries such as Serbia, Slovenia, and more recent cyber shenanigans in Ukraine and US. I am not sure about equating Russia to CCCP either since CCCP could be said to be Russia including its "conquests" such as Lithuania.

The 'pee video' would be significant in the sense of blackmail.

I agree about the US, I am just not so biased to think Russia did not do the same kinds of things, like with satellite countries such as Serbia, Slovenia, and more recent cyber shenanigans in Ukraine and US. I am not sure about equating Russia to CCCP either since CCCP could be said to be Russia including its "conquests" such as Lithuania.
You are projecting. As I said, historically USSR and now Russia has not been as bad as US in terms of meddling in other countries. You look at what US does then take into account that Russia is considered to be generally worse and then project that Russia must be worse than US in every category, but they are not, not in every category.
You keep mentioning Ukraine over and over again, as if they have been independent (from Russia) country forever. Until this latest maidan bullshit Ukraine and Russia had been living together in the state of not finalized divorce where Russia were paying Ukraine big bucks ($250bil over 25 years) for being nice. Now they want out of that arrangement and Russia says "OK, we are taking our stuff back (Crimea)". I wish Russia had this divorce in the 1993, but it's happening now, or maybe not happening, we don't know what's going to happen.

You are projecting. As I said, historically USSR and now Russia has not been as bad as US in terms of meddling in other countries. You look at what US does then take into account that Russia is considered to be generally worse and then project that Russia must be worse than US in every category, but they are not, not in every category.
You keep mentioning Ukraine over and over again, as if they have been independent (from Russia) country forever. Until this latest maidan bullshit Ukraine and Russia had been living together in the state of not finalized divorce where Russia were paying Ukraine big bucks ($250bil over 25 years) for being nice. Now they want out of that arrangement and Russia says "OK, we are taking our stuff back (Crimea)". I wish Russia had this divorce in the 1993, but it's happening now, or maybe not happening, we don't know what's going to happen.

I think that you're being a little niave if you think that Russia only wants Crimea!

Back
Top Bottom