• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

I wonder if the idiots who showed up to the rallies will ever be able to admit to themselves that they were manipulated by foreign agents?
THEY weren't manipulated! FACEBOOK was manipulated by the LIBRULS who are inventing this big Russian conspiracy to justify their witch hunt, and kick dessent Mericans off the interwebs!

I wonder if the idiots who showed up to the rallies will ever be able to admit to themselves that they were manipulated by foreign agents?
THEY weren't manipulated! FACEBOOK was manipulated by the LIBRULS who are inventing this big Russian conspiracy to justify their witch hunt, and kick dessent Mericans off the interwebs!

Of course, how stupid of me. But I'm part of the LIBRUL KONSPIRISY so what do you expect.

In real news, The New York Times says that Mueller wants White House documents relating to the firing of "his national security advisor" (Flynn) and "the FBI director" (Comey), as well as documents about the Oval office meeting with Russian officials the day after he fired Comey.

"In recent weeks, Mr. Mueller’s office sent a document to the White House that detailed 13 different areas that investigators want more information about." A Trump lawyer, Ty Cobb, has promised to hand over all related documents. We'll see if that happens.

Mueller's obviously going for an obstruction of justice charge. Will Congress act on it?

In real news, The New York Times says that Mueller wants White House documents relating to the firing of "his national security advisor" (Flynn) and "the FBI director" (Comey), as well as documents about the Oval office meeting with Russian officials the day after he fired Comey.

"In recent weeks, Mr. Mueller’s office sent a document to the White House that detailed 13 different areas that investigators want more information about." A Trump lawyer, Ty Cobb, has promised to hand over all related documents. We'll see if that happens.

Mueller's obviously going for an obstruction of justice charge. Will Congress act on it?

I've read that Manafort has been told he will be indicted. Which probably means they are trying to flip him. If so, the theory goes, things will stay quiet.

Good question.
I'd venture that impeachment isn't in the cards - it takes too long. But the day might come when a preponderance of rethuglicans view Trump as an intolerable liability, and decide to oust him via 25th amendment proceedings. Maybe around next June.

Now The Washington Post says that
The Washington Post said:
Less than two weeks before Donald Trump accepted the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign chairman offered to provide briefings on the race to a Russian billionaire closely aligned with the Kremlin, according to people familiar with the discussions.

Now why would that have made the FBI suspect that the Trump campaign may have been colluding with Russians? It's all just a witch hunt, you know. :hysterical:

ETA I said a couple days ago that Mueller was running tight ship and then we have all these leaks. I wonder if they are strategic leaks?

Good question.
I'd venture that impeachment isn't in the cards - it takes too long. But the day might come when a preponderance of rethuglicans view Trump as an intolerable liability, and decide to oust him via 25th amendment proceedings. Maybe around next June.

I think that a good number of republican congress members are hoping for an undeniable, overwhelming smoking gun in the Mueller report so that they can act with minimal political damage. (And in fact if the case is strong enough it may help them to remove a crook.) Too difficult to get the 25th invoked, IMO. Hope to be proven wrong, though.

Good question.

I think that a good number of republican congress members are hoping for an undeniable, overwhelming smoking gun in the Mueller report so that they can act with minimal political damage. (And in fact if the case is strong enough it may help them to remove a crook.) Too difficult to get the 25th invoked, IMO. Hope to be proven wrong, though.

Probably right. I'm not so sure that there exists anything under the sun that is undeniable by Cheato - he routinely denies saying what he said yesterday. But still, as the 2018 precipice looms ever nearer, it will become more and more urgent to remove the orange menace. They might have to plant the smoking gun, and wouldn't THAT be delicious?

I am all for Mueller getting tough here, but I do hope he doesn't find Putin's blue, stained dress.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/22/electronic-voting-state-hacking-russian-government-cyber-actors said:
On Friday, the Department of Homeland Security notified nearly half of the U.S. states that their election systems were targeted by Russia-affiliated hackers in an attempt to influence the 2016 election. In most of the states targeted, the hackers were engaged in preliminary activities like scanning. In other states hackers attempted to infiltrate systems and failed, but in a small selection of states, with only Illinois confirmed so far, the election systems were compromised successfully. According to Homeland Security, none of these attempts were aimed at the systems that actually tabulate the votes themselves.

At least 21 states were the focus on these hacking attempts, including Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin and Washington, as confirmed by the Associated Press and the states themselves. States like Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin are among the swing states considered critical to an electoral college victory last year. So far other battleground states including Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire and North Carolina are not among those confirmed in the hacking attempt.

In a message to election officials in the state of Wisconsin, Homeland Security specified that the hack was conducted by “Russian government cyber actors.” The agency first confirmed the state-level hacking attempts toward the 21 states in June, informing the Senate Intelligence Committee. At that time, the states targeted by the operation were not made public.

I wonder what the spin will be for this one...

https://techcrunch.com/2017/09/22/electronic-voting-state-hacking-russian-government-cyber-actors said:
On Friday, the Department of Homeland Security notified nearly half of the U.S. states that their election systems were targeted by Russia-affiliated hackers in an attempt to influence the 2016 election. In most of the states targeted, the hackers were engaged in preliminary activities like scanning. In other states hackers attempted to infiltrate systems and failed, but in a small selection of states, with only Illinois confirmed so far, the election systems were compromised successfully. According to Homeland Security, none of these attempts were aimed at the systems that actually tabulate the votes themselves.

At least 21 states were the focus on these hacking attempts, including Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Minnesota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Wisconsin and Washington, as confirmed by the Associated Press and the states themselves. States like Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Wisconsin are among the swing states considered critical to an electoral college victory last year. So far other battleground states including Colorado, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire and North Carolina are not among those confirmed in the hacking attempt.

In a message to election officials in the state of Wisconsin, Homeland Security specified that the hack was conducted by “Russian government cyber actors.” The agency first confirmed the state-level hacking attempts toward the 21 states in June, informing the Senate Intelligence Committee. At that time, the states targeted by the operation were not made public.

I wonder what the spin will be for this one...
The only benefit that I can think of would be to develop intel regarding targeting specific areas or even people for advertising. Had enough voters been purged in order to affect the election results, I'd think we'd know.

Port scanning? really? you are going with port scanning as evidence?
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/05/whos-scanning-your-network-a-everyone/

I am tired of claims I want to see the evidence that these hackers were russian and connected to the government.

Then read several of the many, many articles that have been written about it. If you don't want to believe it, or are just denying it for the fuck of it, then just say so, and stop with the bullshit. Christ.

I am tired of claims I want to see the evidence that these hackers were russian and connected to the government.

Then read several of the many, many articles that have been written about it. If you don't want to believe it, or are just denying it for the fuck of it, then just say so, and stop with the bullshit. Christ.
I am denying it because I know for a fact that these people are liars (See Alpha-Bank DNS pings)
I don't need to sift through garbage these people spew. I expressed my opinion about specific information posted here. It's beyond laughable in terms of evidence.

I am denying it because I know for a fact that these people are liars (See Alpha-Bank DNS pings)
I don't need to sift through garbage these people spew. I expressed my opinion about specific information posted here. It's beyond laughable in terms of evidence.

Lol!
"Show me evidence! don't believe evidence because I know better!"
Unfortunately for the Russian troll, evidence abounds.

Zero positive findings have been presented to support Russian involvement. It is derived from the Intelligence Agencies' own declassified version of its report. The Declassified and classified versions give the same conclusions.

The highest level of certainty is stated here:

High Confidence generally indicates that judgements are based on high-quality information from multiple sources. High confidence in a judgement does not imply that the assessment is a fact or certainty; such judgements might be wrong.

Thus the report gives nothing concrete.

Last edited:

Lol!
But you have not shown any evidence yet. And yes, there is fundamental lack of trust. I don't trust these liars.

Lol!

The burden of proof rests on the accuser. No one has to disprove unsupported claims.

Back
Top Bottom