• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine - tactics and logistics

The question is about crossings. Got to wonder how many bridges and waterways there are to cross over. And how many have been secured by the Russians. Won't stop them, but can impede them.
The photos, which were taken Monday and provided to Global News by American space technology company Maxar, suggest the convoy is nearly 65 kilometres (40 miles) long, stretching from near Antonov airport in Hostomel in the south to the northern-end of the convoy near the village of Prybirsk.

Ukrainian forces concentrated within Kyiv where they are needed most and the proper arms, Stingers and Javelins not in the right hands yet perhaps. Little logistic support for Ukrainian fighters in rural areas. Likely a number of factors. My concern is Kyiv getting starved out.

From the photos in the Global News article below, there looks to be plenty of wooded cover in which to fire from. Hopefully some of those trees start to move soon. My wishful thinking is there are Ukrainian forces to circle around behind the Russian convoy as it approaches Kyiv. If they could get them bunched up where movement is somewhat restricted, that would be great.

Global News

ExxonMobil has yet to sever ties with Russia. Shell has, of course. So if you need gas, do boycott ExxonMobil. Do your small part.
Yep. We should boycott any company that doesn't stop doing business with Russia. If 65 year old Ukranian grandmas have the courage to take up arms; we should have the decency to boycott any and all Russian related products. I'll bet that Exon gets on board within a day. Boycott Exxon until they do.
I've been boycotting Exxon since Valdez.

That column work have a lot of radar covering to try to prevent Ukrainian aircraft from hitting it. The fact that it has not been hit suggests the Ukrainian air force is too weak and /or waiting until it gets closer.
You need stealth and power. Russia, again, has all the cool toys. This is guerilla stuff for Ukraine. And the convoy also plays a ticking timebomb mentality with the Ukrainians. So again, trying to win first with fear.

I agree, Russia should immediately start boycott of Russian oil-gas in Europe and in Ukraine for that matter. That 65 year old grandma is too cozy in my opinion.
I actually agree with you. Too many of the non-puppet eastern European states were too complacent regarding Russia. Many of them never dreamed that Russia would invade their neighbors and have such low regard for civilians. But they are waking up my friend! Do not fret. I guaranty you that the anti-Russian military weapons (the Javelin!) are being made in mass numbers. And they will be distributed all over eastern Europe. And the Russian invaders will find much greater opposition in the future. You're not going to catch the next government by suprise again.

and have such low regard for civilians
What exactly do you mean by that?
Russian army have been extremely accurate so far. They even warn people about targets they are planning to destroy.
Can't say the same about nazis in Eastern Ukraine. On the other hand they have been assholes 8 years now.

Russian army have been extremely accurate so far.
You can't shell "extremely accurately". If one could, the convoy would have already been destroyed. And you darn well know that.
Well, Ukrainians can't, but russians can. That's why I made my remark about russians being extremely accurate and warning in advance if there is a chance for civilians nearby.

I think all these brave women with molotovs were doing it for a camera shot.

Yeah, they were probably going crazy with desire for publicity, wanting to be mentioned by a deluded Putinista on the internet.
After all, what are family and homeland compared to getting your face on RT?
Oh, the glory!
🤡

You can't shell "extremely accurately". If one could, the convoy would have already been destroyed. And you darn well know that.
Well, Ukrainians can't, but russians can. That's why I made my remark about russians being extremely accurate and warning in advance if there is a chance for civilians nearby.
I guess the laws of physics act differently for the Russians.

Speaking of randomly shooting at civilians.
Ukrainians launched a rocket into Russian territory. Fortunately it was intercepted

Russians do have smart bombs like yours. Well, yours are even better. But russians are good too.

Nope. They are just lead by a madman, and there is very little check on his power. Hopefully this crisis will die down someday. The vast majority of Russians are good people. But the crimes that they commit today in name of their leader, will cause an entire generation to hate them. Putin has united an entire continent into hating Russia.

Nope. They are just lead by a madman, and there is very little check on his power. Hopefully this crisis will die down someday. The vast majority of Russians are good people. But the crimes that they commit today in name of their leader, will cause an entire generation to hate them. Putin has united an entire continent into hating Russia.
You are the one who is led by madmen.

But they are not warning anyone.

I agree, Russia should immediately start boycott of Russian oil-gas in Europe.
Well, the Nazis in Russia started this war. The brave Ukranians are doing the fighting. The least the west can do is try to bankrupt Russia as much as we can.
No, war was started by Nuland. Russian nazis, according to wikipedia are all retired and drinking tea on their dachas.
When did he retire?

putin tea.jpg

If Russians can avoid civilians, but shell civilian areas anyway, what does that tell you?

Russia indiscriminately bombed civilian areas in Chechnya and Syria. And given what Putin and you think about Ukrainians ("They are all nazis!"), there's no reason they won't do it in Ukraine.

The Damn Ukranian freedom fighters are at it again. This time they attacked a school in Ukraine:

1646151568669.png

If Russians can avoid civilians, but shell civilian areas anyway, what does that tell you?
"Can" does not mean it always happens. Americans can too, does not mean it always happens. You should visit more threads about american police.

The Ukrainian military said Monday that dozens of civilians were killed and hundreds
Does it occur to you they might be lying? And it was them who killed civilians during their own attack? The same way they (verifiably) lied about other incidents?

Russia indiscriminately bombed civilian areas in Chechnya and Syria
Not in Syria.
next question.

The Damn Ukranian freedom fighters are at it again. This time they attacked a school in Ukraine:
Dude, you post random picture which nobody can verify. Nobody

You are insane if you think killing mostly russian or even ukrainian for that matter population is in russian interest.

Back
Top Bottom