• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

"Scientific illiteracy"

I like that Janet; she sticks to her principles. And she's probably right.
The survey would have had to be narrowly focussed.
Still a good joke though.

That's why I don't post on Facebook much. :D
It's one of the reasons I do. :)

I like that Janet; she sticks to her principles. And she's probably right.
The survey would have had to be narrowly focussed.
Why thank you. :)
Still a good joke though.
I think so, too. It's also funny, but a different kind of funny, that intelligent people would not notice the joke part and pass it along pretending it's scientific fact, and then to demand that they need to provide no source or evidence for it. lol

Everyone knows that 70% of statistics are complete rubbish.

HMM, I heard it was 75% of statistics. :D
No, no, see, that's how it gets diluted.
It's not 'I heard,' you say 'The report i read said...'

Well I once read a report where someone said that they had heard that now it is 75%, or it could be 80%, of statistics are rubbish. :D
Okay, see, as long as you read the report, it's their fault if their methodology was farmisht .

Here's a similar example I've seen posted around facebook that 70% of my friends-of-friends are using as a launchpad for a little masturbatory moralizing.

Life_468b01_1345893.jpg

I prefer Terry Pratchett's observation, most city kids figure that the sound a pig makes is sizzle.

I must admit, that in my younger, more rebellious days, I used to drive around singing 'I smell bacon, must be pigs, doo da, doo da' whenever a cop went by.

I also remember that when I was younger still, we went to a farm, and I milked a cow. I remember one of the kids saying 'WOW! It looks like milk!'.

Back
Top Bottom