• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Sen. Feinstein Claims She Received Info On Kavanaugh And Sent It To FBI

If Ford is honest and Kavanaugh and Judge did something close to what she has claimed, then the "fear of flying" gambit unfortunately makes her look bad.
I've flown and I hate flying. You can't get places if you don't fly. Should she live in a cave because of fear of flying?

I am actually conceding that she may have been understandably freaked about dealing with this serious trauma again (if it happened) and that in that stated she may have gambitted (on an autopilot avoidance) the fear of flying to avoid or delay. Sort of like being nervous on a high dive board and pacing back and forth until you dive in.

I have dealt with fear based procrastination as have a lot of people, so I think this is very possible.

If Ford is honest and Kavanaugh and Judge did something close to what she has claimed, then the "fear of flying" gambit unfortunately makes her look bad.
I've flown and I hate flying. You can't get places if you don't fly. Should she live in a cave because of fear of flying?

I am actually conceding that she may have been understandably freaked about dealing with this serious trauma again (if it happened) and that in that stated she may have gambitted (on an autopilot avoidance) the fear of flying to avoid or delay. Sort of like being nervous on a high dive board and pacing back and forth until you dive in.

I have dealt with fear based procrastination as have a lot of people, so I think this is very possible.
Yes, this entire scandal is looped around a lie about being afraid to fly. Dr. Ford is an Academy Award winning capable actor who has pulled the wool over the eyes of America, but Mitchell caught the loose thread.

Mitchell: How'd you get here?
Ford: *begins sweating* I took a plane.
Crowd: *laughs, what a stupid question*
Mitchell: Hee Hee. I bring that up because you said you are afraid to fly.
Crowd: *gasp*
Ford: *hits escape pod button and flees*

Seriously... what an enormously stupid line of questioning!

Yes, this entire scandal is looped around a lie about being afraid to fly. Dr. Ford is an Academy Award winning capable actor who has pulled the wool over the eyes of America, but Mitchell caught the loose thread.

Not stupid, really. Just evil. You've seen what posters here will do to dissemble away from inconvenient truths. After all, it's been how many pages in how many threads, and the usual suspects still refuse to go on record as to whether they believe perjury, rape, illegal use of documents, and blackmail risks are deal breakers on a nomination to SCOTUS.

Give it a day or maybe just an hour or two and you'll see them testing out lines as to whether it's easier to ridicule her fear of flying yet taking planes on vacation (complete with a jingle sound-byte), or perhaps "what girl is going to walk home 6 miles..." or something similar. I find the fact that the majority leader on the committee pressing her to answer clearly speculative questions ("did anyone else do (thing) on your behalf"), after explicit objections to speculative questioning, to be telling of a political motive, especially when followed almost immediately by another such request for speculation. It's also interesting how they walked the questions back to a non-speculative form, completely abandoning the attempted trap.

Not stupid, really. Just evil. You've seen what posters here will do to dissemble away from inconvenient truths. After all, it's been how many pages in how many threads, and the usual suspects still refuse to go on record as to whether they believe perjury, rape, illegal use of documents, and blackmail risks are deal breakers on a nomination to SCOTUS.
What I do know is that if this confirmation goes forward as scheduled, and he gets onto the bench, the GOP could be looking at a very bad election day.

Granted, grabbing women by the pussy wasn't enough, so what do I know, but it just seems that while the GOP is losing Suburban women more and more in recent polling, ramming Kavanaugh onto SCOTUS with the baggage that exists for fact and the remaining baggage which in Ford's case seems reliable and accurate, should have some serious repercussions regarding the woman vote.

And yeah, I'd go with "evil" as well as a better description.

So for Kavanaugh with the GOP use the Sex Offender Prosecutor... you know... a role she actually fits into?

Now Kavanaugh is up at bat. He has the additional issues of needing to address multiple allegations and questions about his alleged behavior.

CNN said:
The President wants to hear from Kavanaugh — and to see him defend his character before making any decisions, the official said.

“Yes he still supports Brett and feels terribly for what he’s been out through,” the official said.
Umm... what is he expecting... Brett to jump up... solve the mystery of who really did assault Dr. Ford, get applauded, and leave to take a seat at the Supreme Court?

All Kavanaugh can do is say, "I didn't do it." Only so many ways you can say "it wasn't me". Not certain how convincing a denial can be relative to Dr. Ford's testimony.

What I do know is that if this confirmation goes forward as scheduled, and he gets onto the bench, the GOP could be looking at a very bad election day.

Will they, though? Election day is still more than a month away. How many Americans are still outraged over Trump's people ripping babies out of their mothers' arms and then not being able to find the parents? How many remember that they used to be outraged about that?

Trump will do enough weird shit between now and November that a large number of people will forget about this by then.

Will they, though? Election day is still more than a month away. How many Americans are still outraged over Trump's people ripping babies out of their mothers' arms and then not being able to find the parents? How many remember that they used to be outraged about that?

Trump will do enough weird shit between now and November that a large number of people will forget about this by then.
I did say "could". After 2016, all bets are off, but polling with women is trending the wrong way for women. The GOP got a woman to ask stupid questions so they didn't look like monsters, just her. That shouldn't sell well. It is kind of like saying "women will be too dumb to notice our tactic".

Have not refreshed this page to see other comments, but I will say that Kavanaugh coming out this angrily (even assuming 100% innocence) is extremely stupid.

What a dumb ass.

I have listened recently to a couple "internet celebrity" streams of guys doing very hard banter and probing questions on the another guy. I had very good evidence that both of the guys being accused of something (one lying about his heritage, the other having scammed a guy out of a lot of money).

Both of those guys got very angry and insulted the accusers and tried to change the topic.

The Vince Foster truther is indignantly screaming about a political hit campaign.

Hmmm... Daddy is angry and is trying to give the Democrats a spanking! :mad:
Kavanaugh said:
This confirmation process has become a national disgrace. The Constitution gives the Senate an important role in the confirmation process. But you have replaced advise and consent with search and destroy.
He talk to Merrick Garland about the confirmation process?

I find this statement interesting.
Less than two weeks ago Dr. Ford publicly accused me of committing wrongdoing at an event more than 36 years ago when we were both in high school. I denied the allegation immediately, categorically and unequivocally.
It seems interesting to bring up that the "wrongdoing" was 36 years ago... in high school. That is a ploy to use if you were going the 'boys will be boys' line. What is even more interesting is he didn't hit the homerun. His response should be that her "testimony was extremely moving and I believe that she was attacked, but she is wrong that it was me".

Of course Trump said that, Chris Wallace did. Of course, the UN was laughing with him, not at him, so obfuscating away 'credible' testimony won't be too hard.

Kavanaugh (my emphasis) said:
No one can question your effort, but your coordinated and well-funded effort to destroy my good name and destroy my family will not drive me out. The vile threats of violence against my family will not drive me out. You may defeat me in the final vote but you'll never get me to quit. Never.
What is he thinking, other than to give momentum to the GOP to confirm him tomorrow? Not only is he saying she is wrong, but that she is being paid to lie.
Kavanaugh said:
...apparent pent-up anger about President Trump and the 2016 election, fear that has been unfairly stoked about my judicial record, revenge on behalf of the Clintons and millions of dollars in money from outside left-wing opposition groups.
Who the fuck wrote this? Sean Hannity?!

Now it's non-stop crying Kavanaugh. I don't think Ford cried at all. Not a good move by BK, Trump probably hates criers.

If he's so damned angry, why doesn't he demand a full FBI investigation so that the lying bitches can be thrown in prison for perjury and be forced to flip on George Soros and Hillary Clinton and all the other radical commie traitors who bribed them to make shit up about him?

Now it's non-stop crying Kavanaugh. I don't think Ford cried at all. Not a good move by BK, Trump probably hates criers.

I watched Ford testify - she was very impressive. Just caught a few seconds of BS Brett on the radio - sounding like a toddler whose toy was taken away.
Unfortunately, behaving like a toddler having a temper tantrum seems to be very a powerful technique for persuading Republitard Senators.

If he's so damned angry, why doesn't he demand a full FBI investigation so that the lying bitches can be thrown in prison for perjury and be forced to flip on George Soros and Hillary Clinton and all the other radical commie traitors who bribed them to make shit up about him?

Yes, THAT - x1000

Just caught a few seconds of BS Brett on the radio - sounding like a toddler whose toy was taken away.
Unfortunately, behaving like a toddler having a temper tantrum seems to be very a powerful technique for persuading Republitard Senators.

Is this actually his strategy? To respond to these detailed allegations by whining about a conspiracy?

If this works then, on behalf of all Canadians, would you all mind switching places with Mexico for a while?

Q: Do you know Judge?
A: Yes, we were friends... pretty popular... huge drug addiction... nearly killed him.

???

So, arching BK so far, looks like he has a fair bit of guilt over the incident, either that or none at all and he has practice at sounding emotional but doesn't understand being emotional. His crying, or emulation of it, was strangely inappropriate. Outside of that, he was very abrupt in dismissals over questions about his drinking, and when questioned about what "too much" was, he failed to actually address the question other than to refer to some legal definition.

further, with regards to his calandra defense, I am left wondering how it can be considered at all conclusive as to his whereabouts at any point in time given that high schoolers aren't DUMB, and I doubt he would be recording details about house parties where his father and mother could access them, especially if he was as fucked up as a child as the allegations (and Judge's book) would indicate. Also, as someone with society parents and other connections, I can only imagine 'building an alibi' was one of the reasons his dad got him in the habit in the first place... not that it did him much good, swing as he clearly incriminated himself in Beach Week activities.

So far, lots of dissembly and not answering things, and some attempts at manipulation and misdirection. We'all see where else this goes I guess.

Back
Top Bottom