• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Shooting in Time Square

The suspect:
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/NYPDnews/status/1391184976708837382?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1391184976708837382%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnewyork.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fcrime-and-courts%2F2-shot-including-toddler-in-times-square-police%2F3044787%2F[/TWEET]

The suspect:
[TWEET]https://twitter.com/NYPDnews/status/1391184976708837382?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1391184976708837382%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcnewyork.com%2Fnews%2Flocal%2Fcrime-and-courts%2F2-shot-including-toddler-in-times-square-police%2F3044787%2F[/TWEET]

MAGA terrorist. Damn, Trump.

Just another tragic day in the life in the USA.

Yes. Let me add that there was a group of teenagers in Fayetteville, Georgia who were playing with water guns the other day. They got into an argument and eventually started shooting at each other, with real guns, not water guns. There has been a big rise in deaths by gun in Atlanta this past year. People are using guns to settle arguments. I've never seen anything quite like what's going on now. Sure, we've always had too many guns, but people shooting each other just because they disagree! That's just insane! Why can't we just yell at each other and then walk away angry, like we used to do in the good old days? Did the pandemic make everyone nuttier? Has social media made people think it's okay to shoot those who disagree with them? I don't know but what's going on is horrible.

https://www.ajc.com/news/1-dead-after-water-gun-battle-leads-to-shootout-at-fayette-county-park/XURSWLBAQJH7FPNJMVQFTSNK7I/

Yes. Let me add that there was a group of teenagers in Fayetteville, Georgia who were playing with water guns the other day. They got into an argument and eventually started shooting at each other, with real guns, not water guns. There has been a big rise in deaths by gun in Atlanta this past year. People are using guns to settle arguments. I've never seen anything quite like what's going on now. Sure, we've always had too many guns, but people shooting each other just because they disagree! That's just insane! Why can't we just yell at each other and then walk away angry, like we used to do in the good old days? Did the pandemic make everyone nuttier? Has social media made people think it's okay to shoot those who disagree with them? I don't know but what's going on is horrible.

https://www.ajc.com/news/1-dead-after-water-gun-battle-leads-to-shootout-at-fayette-county-park/XURSWLBAQJH7FPNJMVQFTSNK7I/

Trump came right out before he was elected, in favor of "2nd amendment solutions", and has ever since implied that it's the "manly" way to go about settling disputes and forcing your way upon others. If you don't do that, you're a LOSER.
Now we have some 50 million people living by that credo.

Now that people have cell phones that can be ruined by squirt guns, these games are a bad idea unless in a pre planned situation.

Wouldn't be surprised if a wet cellphone is what led a jerk to start shooting.

Yes. Let me add that there was a group of teenagers in Fayetteville, Georgia who were playing with water guns the other day. They got into an argument and eventually started shooting at each other, with real guns, not water guns.
Horribly idiotic!

There has been a big rise in deaths by gun in Atlanta this past year. People are using guns to settle arguments.
Speaking of water, a "water boy" (young people selling water, often aggressively and sometimes violently, in Atlanta) shot another in what can only be described as a turf battle.
Police: Man selling water shot during argument in Atlanta

Fox 5 said:
A fight over money between two people selling water in southwest Atlanta ended in gunfire.
Atlanta police say the shooting happened around 7 p.m. Thursday near Northside Drive and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive.

That's right next to the new Mercedes-Benz stadium, but it is also very close (just on the west side of Northside Dr.) to the Hood.

According to investigators, the two men were selling water in the area when they started fighting over money.

At some point, police say the argument escalated when one of the men pulled out a gun and shot the other man. The suspect, who has not been identified, then fled the area on foot.

back to southernhybrid said:
I've never seen anything quite like what's going on now. Sure, we've always had too many guns, but people shooting each other just because they disagree! That's just insane!
In Atlanta specifically, I blame Keisha Lance Bottoms. Her regime did nothing to regulate water boys and her anti-police attitude after George Floyd was abominable and deplorable. For example, she did nothing after a group of rioters burned down the Wendy's and occupied that area with armed force. She did nothing for days until a 7 year old was murdered by the occupiers.

Why can't we just yell at each other and then walk away angry, like we used to do in the good old days? Did the pandemic make everyone nuttier? Has social media made people think it's okay to shoot those who disagree with them? I don't know but what's going on is horrible.
Pandemic and social media are definitely culprits, but so are spineless politicians catering to far left activists.

Trump came right out before he was elected, in favor of "2nd amendment solutions",
What do either the Times Square or Fayetteville shootings have to do with Trump?

Your TDS is showing again.

Trump came right out before he was elected, in favor of "2nd amendment solutions",
What do either the Times Square or Fayetteville shootings have to do with Trump?.

I know you are far too rational and intelligent to ever be influenced by the fickle winds of social change, Derec. But you should really pay attention to the fact that other, lesser humans can and do fall under the spell of sociopaths. They even vote for them and emulate their sociopathic behavior.
Alas. If only everyone was a stellar intellect like you.

What do either the Times Square or Fayetteville shootings have to do with Trump?.

I know you are far too rational and intelligent to ever be influenced by the fickle winds of social change, Derec. But you should really pay attention to the fact that other, lesser humans can and do fall under the spell of sociopaths. They even vote for them and emulate their sociopathic behavior.
Alas. If only everyone was a stellar intellect like you.

So somehow Trump is responsible for New York bail “reform” and the George Floyd Memorial homicide spike?

I strongly believe that the reason we shouldn't have guns be ubiquitous and freely carried on the street is because people overreact all the goddamn time, and when you overreact with a firearm in your possession things get messy

So somehow Trump is responsible for New York bail “reform” and the George Floyd Memorial homicide spike?

50 years of an insane drug war and 50 years of lack of opportunity and 50 years of redlining and 50 years of neglect and bad schools and disproportionate prison rates has created the world we live in now.

Trump is responsible for the efforts by Republicans to make it harder to vote all over the nation.

Right now.

Trump and the Republican party have no solutions to any societal problems.

Trump and thRepublican party have no solutions to any societal problems.

And, once again, as he was during Obama's first term, McConnell is being perfectly honest: he says he has one goal, and that is opposing Biden and his administration. Not finding solutions to societal problems, not fixing immigration, not repairing infrastructure, not curbing the Russian hackers, not helping minimum wage earners, not improving access to health care. No. Serving his masters, the billionaire donor class, by opposing the Dems.
If you take him at his word, and on this topic, he's showing himself to be candid, there is no reason on earth to try to reason with the GOP. They have walled themselves off from cooperation or even caring about the good of the people.

So a black Muslim (and likely NoI given his given name; it's like a Nazi naming their kid "Hitler") shoots innocent bystanders while shooting at his brother and the Leftists on here insist that it is the fault of Trump and McConnell?

Times Square shooter was allegedly aiming for his brother, sources reveal

NY Post said:
The suspected Times Square gunman was aiming for his brother when he shot three innocent bystanders — and the sibling later dropped the dime on him, law-enforcement sources told The Post on Sunday. Farrakhan Muhammad, a 31-year-old CD peddler, was identified as the alleged shooter in Saturday’s horror — after a bizarre chain of events led cops to his brother, sources said.
[...]
The suspect has been busted before, including last year for allegedly assaulting a random passerby who tried to intervene when Muhammad started hassling a couple on the street, sources said. Muhammad allegedly pushed the good Samaritan into a trash can before the suspect’s buddy punched the victim in the face, sources said.

Looks like Trausti is right about this case having a lot to do with NY bail deform.

And, once again, as he was during Obama's first term, McConnell is being perfectly honest: he says he has one goal, and that is opposing Biden and his administration. Not finding solutions to societal problems, not fixing immigration, not repairing infrastructure, not curbing the Russian hackers, not helping minimum wage earners, not improving access to health care. No. Serving his masters, the billionaire donor class, by opposing the Dems.
If you take him at his word, and on this topic, he's showing himself to be candid, there is no reason on earth to try to reason with the GOP. They have walled themselves off from cooperation or even caring about the good of the people.

Are you saying "Make America Great Again" is empty rhetoric and there is no plan for such a thing from Republicans?

So a black Muslim (and likely NoI given his given name; it's like a Nazi naming their kid "Hitler") shoots innocent bystanders while shooting at his brother and the Leftists on here insist that it is the fault of Trump and McConnell?

Times Square shooter was allegedly aiming for his brother, sources reveal

NY Post said:
The suspected Times Square gunman was aiming for his brother when he shot three innocent bystanders — and the sibling later dropped the dime on him, law-enforcement sources told The Post on Sunday. Farrakhan Muhammad, a 31-year-old CD peddler, was identified as the alleged shooter in Saturday’s horror — after a bizarre chain of events led cops to his brother, sources said.
[...]
The suspect has been busted before, including last year for allegedly assaulting a random passerby who tried to intervene when Muhammad started hassling a couple on the street, sources said. Muhammad allegedly pushed the good Samaritan into a trash can before the suspect’s buddy punched the victim in the face, sources said.

Looks like Trausti is right about this case having a lot to do with NY bail deform.

It’s all a bit sad. History is repeating. Recall it was the leftist policies of the 1960s and 1970s that changed Manhattan from Breakfast at Tiffany’s to Taxi Driver. How many have must be sacrificed for lefty sanctimony?

Now that people have cell phones that can be ruined by squirt guns, these games are a bad idea unless in a pre planned situation.

Wouldn't be surprised if a wet cellphone is what led a jerk to start shooting.

Interesting though, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if that's what happened.

It definitely feels like there has been a rise in violent crime lately. I live in what's usually a quiet suburb with very little in the way of big-city troubles, but we've had two fatal police-involved shootings since February, and many more nonfatal but quite violent exchanges. Then a machete attack in an apartment complex not far from mine (apparently an argument between old friends!?) and a mysterious pop store robbery last week also involving a machete. On Tuesday, I went down to the corner shop for coffee only to find that the street had been blocked off by a SWAT team, trying to evacuate a squatter from a downtown office (he escaped out the back before gunfire could be exchanged, thank goodness).

Anecdotal, but I can't but shake the feeling that this is going to be a hot summer, in more ways than one.

Are you saying "Make America Great Again" is empty rhetoric and there is no plan for such a thing from Republicans?
I think it’s more that their version of a “great America” is one in which most societal ills are not solved. Or at least not solved on purpose. They are catering their vision to a specific subset of all Americans.

Back
Top Bottom