• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
January 16, Trump is due in court facing Jean Carroll again. Trump naturally tried to delay proceedings but an appeals court refused to allow that.

Seen elsewhere:
Chicago Sun-Times columnist Gene Lyons sums up Trump pretty well: Trump is the Crybaby Conqueror, “a congenital braggart who embodies what Christianity has traditionally called the seven deadly sins — greed, lust, envy, sloth, gluttony, pride and wrath — has come to seem the totem of faith for millions of Republican evangelicals,"

"Orwell also understood the personal psychology of the crybaby conqueror: 'The initial, personal cause of [Hitler’s] grievance against the universe can only be guessed at; but at any rate the grievance is here. He is the martyr, the victim, Prometheus chained to the rock, the self-sacrificing hero who fights single-handed against impossible odds. If he were killing a mouse he would know how to make it seem like a dragon,’ Lyons added.

What's holding up the probe into Trump's hygiene malfunctions (Diapergate?)
Maybe 'probe' is the wrong word.
I realize there are jurisdiction issues between EPA, House Homeland Security, and the White House pandemic response team. But, please, hearings? Powerpoint demos? SNL skits?
There are some dark secrets here, and clouds of suspicion. The coverups aren't working. Any nurse, or Dave Attell, will tell you, if it's ass vs. talc, ass wins. Deep State? You better worry about Deep Taint. Your kids have to grow up in this country.

Seen elsewhere:
Chicago Sun-Times columnist Gene Lyons sums up Trump pretty well: Trump is the Crybaby Conqueror, “a congenital braggart who embodies what Christianity has traditionally called the seven deadly sins — greed, lust, envy, sloth, gluttony, pride and wrath — has come to seem the totem of faith for millions of Republican evangelicals,"

"Orwell also understood the personal psychology of the crybaby conqueror: 'The initial, personal cause of [Hitler’s] grievance against the universe can only be guessed at; but at any rate the grievance is here. He is the martyr, the victim, Prometheus chained to the rock, the self-sacrificing hero who fights single-handed against impossible odds. If he were killing a mouse he would know how to make it seem like a dragon,’ Lyons added.
It is quite something. He does bitch all the time about how things aren't fair. Most other politicians get crucified for saying that. Nikki Haley would plummet if she started complaining about how unfair it was to campaign. But he whines and complains (did it in the President debate), and his base eats it up. Possibly because they think life is unfair to them. But Trump isn't complaining about how that it is unfair them, but to him... the quasi-billionaire.

Apparently this is where the Trump Stinks started:

There are many reasons Donald Trump is turning up the rhetoric about being a fascist dictator, even bragging on social media that "revenge" and "dictator" are the top words people use to describe him. It's a campaign strategy to win over Republican primary voters who wish to purge the country of that which they despise, such as tap-dancing jazz dancers. It's a feint, an effort to scare his opponents into believing his ascension is unstoppable, so they stop fighting him. It's also a threat to keep fellow Republicans in line, so they don't start backing challengers who aren't under 91 felony indictments.

But it's also an attempt to hide that he smells like a butt.

"Take armpits, ketchup, a butt and makeup and put that all in a blender," former Republican Rep. Adam Kinzinger of Illinois said of Trump's odor. It's a visceral description to be certain, but also beautiful because everyone immediately knows it must be true. Trump's narcissism has led him to believe he knows everything, so he has no need to learn. By the same logic, he no doubt imagines his body, which he has routinely described as perfect, is in no need of regular cleaning. Plus, every shower means seeing his imperfect naked body in the mirror, followed by having to sit still for hours to restore his elaborate hair and make-up. We all know how he feels about that. I have to imagine he skips quite a few.

It would make a little sense -- very little, but a little -- if he meant to say MAGAts. But in that case, you don't deconvert a MAGAt with one glass of water. I mean, we waterboarded Abu Zubaydah 83 times and still didn't get him to rat out his buddies. I think you could get Lindsey Graham to deconvert before you finished putting the restraints on him. The My Pillow guy would probably take more than 83 sessions. And with Rudy, he'd be choking on hair dye before you got him to chug the first dose.
Understand, I'm not seriously advocating waterboarding the GOP. But the party does support torturing the enemies of democracy.

Holy fuck. What the hell is wrong with him?

Witches.

He's thinking of witches. They melt if you get water on them.

It's an understandable mistake, what with magnetism being a completely mysterious and magical phenomenon that only a witch can command.

There must be an explanation for what he thinks he's actually saying. Is he saying magnets don't work if you get them wet? Is he saying they are kinda on fire and if you douse them they don't work? Is he talking about electric car batteries? I know he did the same kind of thing telling us all how we can deal with the covid germs and he was just demonstrating his genius to all his idiot followers. Is this just more of the same stupidity?

There must be an explanation for what he thinks he's actually saying. Is he saying magnets don't work if you get them wet? Is he saying they are kinda on fire and if you douse them they don't work? Is he talking about electric car batteries? I know he did the same kind of thing telling us all how we can deal with the covid germs and he was just demonstrating his genius to all his idiot followers. Is this just more of the same stupidity?

Shitforbrains said:
I could tell you about aircraft carriers, where they use electric catapults. They couldn’t go to the steam, which works better for about 1/100th the price, you know? The electric catapult, you know that story? I could tell you about the elevators on a tremendous carrier, the Gerald Ford, and they decided not to use hydraulic like the John Deere tractor, they decided to use magnets, “we’re gonna use magnets!” to lift up the elevators with seven planes. We need them fast, these massive elevators. They used magnets, they wanted to try it for the first time. This was a ship that was supposed to cost 2.5 billion, it cost 19 billion and didn’t work, and still doesn’t work right.

He continued:

They had a $900 million cost over on these stupid electric catapults that didn’t work. They had almost a billion dollar cost over on the magnetic elevators. Think of it, magnets. Now all I know about magnets is this, give me a glass of water, let me drop it on the magnets, that’s the end of the magnets. Why didn’t they use John Deere? Why didn’t they bring in the John Deere people? Do you like John Deere? I like John Deere.

Sailor spills his Dr. Pepper on the EM catapult control panel, I guess. Carrier can't launch aircraft. Game over for the United States. Take it from me. I know about these things. All we do around multimillion dollar equipment is drink sodas and eat geedunk. They're just big fancy snack tables. That's why the navy has to make two of everything.

Sailor spills his Dr. Pepper on the EM catapult control panel, I guess. Carrier can't launch aircraft. Game over for the United States. Take it from me. I know about these things. All we do around multimillion dollar equipment is drink sodas and eat geedunk. They're just big fancy snack tables. That's why the navy has to make two of everything.
Yeah, but that's because of the sugar content, not water content. That's why you should only drink Coke Zero when operating military equipment. ;)

Trump says Civil War ‘could have been negotiated’

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday suggested the Civil War could have been avoided through “negotiation,” arguing that the fight to end slavery in the US was ultimately unnecessary and that Abraham Lincoln should have done more to avoid bloodshed.

“So many mistakes were made. See, there was something I think could have been negotiated, to be honest with you,” Trump said at a campaign event in Newton, Iowa. “I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died. So many people died.”

The idiot that has to always do better than anyone else.

I would really like to ask him who started the war.

Trump says Civil War ‘could have been negotiated’

Former President Donald Trump on Saturday suggested the Civil War could have been avoided through “negotiation,” arguing that the fight to end slavery in the US was ultimately unnecessary and that Abraham Lincoln should have done more to avoid bloodshed.

“So many mistakes were made. See, there was something I think could have been negotiated, to be honest with you,” Trump said at a campaign event in Newton, Iowa. “I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died. So many people died.”

The idiot that has to always do better than anyone else.

I would really like to ask him who started the war.
Even I know that it's also called "The War of Northern Aggression", so clearly it was those horrible Northern states that started it*.

I'm sure that the people of the Confederate states will never forgive the Republican Party for their infamy.

;)

* As I understand it, the Union Army shelled Fort Sumner, NM, in retaliation for the assassination of Lincoln, as his Kennedy car was passing the Grassy Knoll.

Or something.

Yeah, but that's because of the sugar content, not water content. That's why you should only drink Coke Zero when operating military equipment. ;)
Indeed. I once spilled a Diet Pepsi on my laptop and once it dried out it was fine.

There's an old Hollywood film (Fate Is the Hunter, 1964) where Rod Taylor is piloting a commercial jet that crashes, killing everyone but Suzanne Pleshette. The rest of the film has Glenn Ford solving the mystery of the crash, which resulted from a cup of coffee spilling into a console and short-circuiting the plane's wiring. Don't tell me that coffee is harmless. On the other hand, Trump's pilots on Air MAGA probably need extra mugs of coffee to handle their busy schedule. So, I recommend it. Also, on long flights they could divert themselves by dropping magnets into the coffee. An interest in science never hurt nobody.

Back
Top Bottom