• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
I hope one of the TFT lawyers will explain how grand jury selection works.

For a regular ("petit"?) jury, both sides (and the judge?) have the right to exclude a juror. (How will that work when Trump is tried? If Trump lovers and Trump haters are all excluded, will only very ignorant and apathetic Americans be allowed to serve on the jury?)

But the "defense" doesn't participate in grand jury selection. The jury selection starts with the same random pool as for petit juries, right? How do you find people able to commit to 6 months anyway? Is service mandatory? What's the stipend? Can the prosecutor exclude potential jurors?

Federal law requires that a grand jury be selected at random from a fair cross section of the community in the district or division in which the federal grand jury convenes. ... Those persons whose names have been drawn and who are not exempt or excused from service are summoned to appear for duty as grand jurors.

https://www.ndd.uscourts.gov/jury/jury_handbook_grand_jurors.pdf

Meanwhile in "Oh... I didn't know that"... Amazon bought MGM, well you probably heard about that, the consistent push of America to finally consolidate corporations into one company. But that isn't the point. The point is MGM owns The Apprentice. Which means Jeff Bezos... now owns The Apprentice.

Whether anything comes of this is unknown. I doubt there is anything that Bezos could leak to the press, including Trump in Nazi dress reminiscing about Hitler, that'd change anyone's mind about Trump, but it does at least provide a little brain candy, hypothetical-wise.

Meanwhile in "Oh... I didn't know that"... Amazon bought MGM, well you probably heard about that, the consistent push of America to finally consolidate corporations into one company. But that isn't the point. The point is MGM owns The Apprentice. Which means Jeff Bezos... now owns The Apprentice.

Whether anything comes of this is unknown. I doubt there is anything that Bezos could leak to the press, including Trump in Nazi dress reminiscing about Hitler, that'd change anyone's mind about Trump, but it does at least provide a little brain candy, hypothetical-wise.

I wonder if this implication made His Flatulence shit his pants yet again.

Bezo's is not running the company.

Amazon has moved into movie production.

It is a movie studio now.

"One night in Miami" was a great historically based but fictional movie.

Buying MGM makes perfect sense when you are now competing with Netflix and Disney.

Bezo's is not running the company.

Amazon has moved into movie production.

It is a movie studio now.

"One night in Miami" was a great historically based but fictional movie.

Buying MGM makes perfect sense when you are now competing with Netflix and Disney.

Bezos is CEO until July 5. But I think Trump’s racists outtakes is just a happy footnote. Bezos didn’t pay a 35% premium to show America who Trump really is. No one is going to be shocked by Trump any longer nor is anyone changing their mind about him because he’s not the guy they thought he was. This is about consolidation within the market and Amazon wants to be competitive in a market dominated by Disney, Warner Media, Comcast, and ViacomCBS.

I don't believe it is cut and dried that because Bezos bought MGM he will have full and complete rights to all it's properties. Mark Burnett, The Apprentice producer, also has rights to that property. Burnett is a friend of Trump's and is thought he will protect him fiercely. As far as seeing the Bonespurs outtakes, I'm calling this one a nothing burger.

Trump could tell his followers to violently try to stop the democratic process and his supporters would not care.

Trump could tell his followers to violently try to stop the democratic process and his supporters would not care.

I’ve heard them express exactly such sentiments. I occasionally listen to right wing radio shows and several callers said exactly that over the last year. They are fully prepared to kill and fight a war to keep him in power.

They love America but hate the one thing America will be known for.

Replacing European monarchy with a form of democracy.

They want a king not a president.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1399129257729826819/pu/vid/640x360/OpkZj38n6ThvKTYD.mp4?tag=12

And listen to how they cheer Mike Flynn when he calls for a military coup like in Myanmar.

There are some that thought that Flynn was somewhat entrapped but he really just showed a willingness to lie to the FBI.

I'm not sure if that should be enough to send somebody, anybody, to prison.

But Flynn certainly has a grudge against the FBI.

What exactly happens after the coup wins and now the military is in power?

Do they give it to Trump?

Or is he just a tool for the military to take the power itself with some general or maybe ex-general in charge?

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1399129257729826819/pu/vid/640x360/OpkZj38n6ThvKTYD.mp4?tag=12

And listen to how they cheer Mike Flynn when he calls for a military coup like in Myanmar.

There are some that thought that Flynn was somewhat entrapped but he really just showed a willingness to lie to the FBI.

Or is he just a tool for the military to take the power itself with some general or maybe ex-general in charge?

They give it to Trump, the rightful winner of the election. Otherwise it’s a coup, and they don’t want that!

They give it to Trump, the rightful winner of the election. Otherwise it’s a coup, and they don’t want that!

I just look at history and the backstabbing that happens during these violent transitions.

The people can cry all they want.

The military will still be in charge and have power nobody can take.

Per the NYT, Trump "has been telling a number of people he's in contact with that he expects he will get reinstated" to the presidency by August.

He also recently (at Mar-a-Lago, I think?) told people that the believes that batshit-crazy insane "audit" in Arizona will be merely the first domino to fall, and key battleground states, one by one, will start being "restored" to him. By what imaginary mechanism, sane people can only wonder, but...this clown literally believes he's going to be President again, before 2024.

Some part of me WANTS to believe that Trump knows, deep down, that this is a fantasy, and he's just so totally in the grip of his narcissistic personality disorder that he literally can't admit he could lose a fair election. If he didn't win, by definition, it wasn't fair. And that he's just feeding his base this fantasy in part to make himself feel better, and in part because he can't live without the adulation from his idiot MAGA-hatters he got hooked on during his presidency. These bizarre scenarios where he's somehow re-instated as President keep those morons whipped up into a frenzy...conveniently just in time for them to start buying tickets for Trump's dipshit World-Whine Grievance Tour he's planning for the summer.

I can't decide which is sadder--him actually believing he's destined to finish Biden's term, or him knowing full well he's not going to, but continuing to tease that he is.

Per the NYT, Trump "has been telling a number of people he's in contact with that he expects he will get reinstated" to the presidency by August.

He also recently (at Mar-a-Lago, I think?) told people that the believes that batshit-crazy insane "audit" in Arizona will be merely the first domino to fall, and key battleground states, one by one, will start being "restored" to him. By what imaginary mechanism, sane people can only wonder, but...this clown literally believes he's going to be President again, before 2024.

Some part of me WANTS to believe that Trump knows, deep down, that this is a fantasy, and he's just so totally in the grip of his narcissistic personality disorder that he literally can't admit he could lose a fair election. If he didn't win, by definition, it wasn't fair. And that he's just feeding his base this fantasy in part to make himself feel better, and in part because he can't live without the adulation from his idiot MAGA-hatters he got hooked on during his presidency. These bizarre scenarios where he's somehow re-instated as President keep those morons whipped up into a frenzy...conveniently just in time for them to start buying tickets for Trump's dipshit World-Whine Grievance Tour he's planning for the summer.

I can't decide which is sadder--him actually believing he's destined to finish Biden's term, or him knowing full well he's not going to, but continuing to tease that he is.

He spelt “indicted” wrong.

Some part of me WANTS to believe that Trump knows, deep down, that this is a fantasy, and he's just so totally in the grip of his narcissistic personality disorder that he literally can't admit he could lose a fair election.

Again, I'll direct you to the last episode of the first season of the Netflix series "Dirty Money." The episode is called "Confidence Man," and in it, a couple guys who helped to develop "The Apprentice" for NBC speak about how they basically created a narrative of Trump the successful businessman as a tongue in cheek joke, but expressed dismay over how he bought into that narrative.

They walked into the run down, sad offices of the Trump organization when the show was being developed, and as a gag portrayed him as somehow not just still relevant, but the king of New York real estate. Like all reality television, it was absurd and nothing like reality, but Trump bought it so completely that by the end of the run of the show, he genuinely believed that he was the head of this glamorous company that stood astride not just New York, but the world. They wrote a character for him to play in the show, and by the end of it he thought he really was that guy.

I don't think he knows.

The incredible successful world leading business genius.....

Organizing scavenger hunts.

Okay everyone. Do NOT panic. The revolutionary and newest standard in social media communication, Donald Trump's blog, has been shut down.

What does this mean to you? Well, you will need to sign up with Donald Trump's website to get updates on his various nuanced views and positions on how the world will eventually start revolving around him.

Can I still visit the blog and see older posts? No.

Why not? The page view stats that he monitors on the toilet depresses him.

Is this a sign that he is preparing something even better? I'm sure he wants you to think that.

Where do I go now for information? If you want right-wing news, visit Fox News. If you want right-wing propaganda, visit Newsmax. If you seek authoritarian right-wing militia support, visit OAN. If OAN isn't enough, I'm sure Mike Lindell and Rudy Giuliani have something on YouTube you can watch.

Please fucking tell me Frank Speech is still fucking around? At least I fucking hope so. Otherwise free speech is fucking dead.

Back
Top Bottom