• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Ron DeSantis: "Florida will not assist in an extradition request"

His statement in full:

"The weaponization of the legal system to advance a political agenda turns the rule of law on its head.

It is un-American.

The Soros-backed Manhattan District Attorney has consistently bent the law to downgrade felonies and to excuse criminal misconduct. Yet, now he is stretching the law to target a political opponent.

Florida will not assist in an extradition request given the questionable circumstances at issue with this Soros-backed Manhattan prosecutor and his political agenda."

His statement in full:

"The weaponization of the legal system to advance a political agenda turns the rule of law on its head.

It is un-American.

The Soros-backed Manhattan District Attorney has consistently bent the law to downgrade felonies and to excuse criminal misconduct. Yet, now he is stretching the law to target a political opponent.

Florida will not assist in an extradition request given the questionable circumstances at issue with this Soros-backed Manhattan prosecutor and his political agenda."

I had read also though that DeSantis has no power to block extradition and if he tried it would put him at legal risk.

DeSantis is spewing diarea for the Trump base to lick up.

On Faux Noise, a string of guests has been condemning the indictment as an illegal political witch hunt by radical leftists. This warms the cockles of my black little heart.

Finally, finally, finally, finally, finally. It was taking so long, and I was worried that it would never happen.

READ: Trump’s response to indictment in hush money case | The Hill
This is Political Persecution and Election Interference at the highest level in history. From the time I came down the golden escalator at Trump Tower, and even before I was sworn in as your President of the United States, the Radical Left Democrats – the enemy of the hard-working men and women of this Country – have been engaged in a Witch-Hunt to destroy the Make America Great Again movement. You remember it just like I do: Russia, Russia, Russia; the Mueller Hoax; Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine; Impeachment Hoax 1; Impeachment Hoax 2; the illegal and unconstitutional Mar-a-Lago raid; and now this.

The Democrats have lied, cheated and stolen in their obsession with trying to ‘Get Trump,’ but now they’ve done the unthinkable – indicting a completely innocent person in an act of blatant Election Interference.

Never before in our Nation’s history has this been done. The Democrats have cheated countless times over the decades, including spying on my campaign, but weaponizing our justice system to punish a political opponent, who just so happens to be a President of the United States and by far the leading Republican candidate for President, has never happened before. Ever.

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, who was hand-picked and funded by George Soros, is a disgrace. Rather than stopping the unprecedented crime wave taking over New York City, he’s doing Joe Biden’s dirty work, ignoring the murders and burglaries and assaults he should be focused on. This is how Bragg spends his time!

I believe this Witch-Hunt will backfire massively on Joe Biden. The American people realize exactly what the Radical Left Democrats are doing here. Everyone can see it. So our Movement, and our Party – united and strong – will first defeat Alvin Bragg, and then we will defeat Joe Biden, and we are going to throw every last one of these Crooked Democrats out of office so we can MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
What a victim he is!

He seems so distraught.

His statement in full:

It is un-American.

Florida will not assist in an extradition request, but as its assistance isn't required, and it cannot block such a request, the only value in saying so is as a propaganda stunt.

Manhattan DA’s office says it’s reached out to coordinate Trump’s surrender | The Hill

House Speaker vows to hold Bragg ‘and his unprecedented abuse of power to account’ | The Hill
For a grand jury indicting Trump.

‘This is a mockery and a disgrace’: House weaponization panel descends into yelling | The Hill
"Weaponization" like indicting Donald Trump, it seems.
A hearing of the House Subcommittee on the Weaponization of the Federal Government descended into a shouting match on Thursday when Democrats raised objections to the Republican decision to allow witnesses to leave the hearing without being cross examined.

The committee, chaired by Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), used the hearing to target what it alleges is abuse by the President Biden’s administration to try to control social media companies and manipulate what information users see on the platforms.

DeSantis: Florida won’t cooperate with Trump extradition | The Hill

His statement in full:

It is un-American.

I had read also though that DeSantis has no power to block extradition and if he tried it would put him at legal risk.

DeSantis is spewing diarea for the Trump base to lick up.
The Extradition Clause in the US Constitution requires states, upon demand of another state, to deliver a fugitive from justice who has committed a "treason, felony or other crime" to the state from which the fugitive has fled....In a 1987 case... the court...held that the governor of the asylum state has no discretion in performing his or her duty to extradite, whether that duty arises under the Extradition Clause of the Constitution or under the Extradition Act (18 U.S.C. § 3182), and that a federal court may enforce the governor's duty to return the fugitive to the demanding state.

Jesse Watters ‘mad’ about Trump indictment: ‘Country is not going to stand for it’ | The Hill - a Fox News host
“I’m starting to feel it right now. I’m mad about it, I don’t like. The country’s not going to stand for it,” Watters said on Fox’s hit daytime table talk program “The Five” as news of Trump’s indictment broke. “And people better be careful and that’s all I’ll say about that.”

“I don’t think the left understands what they’re getting themselevs into,” Watters said. “This country is already teetering. You have people who feel rightfully persecuted just for being conservatives … this was a very controversial election this was a very controversial president, there have been a lot of bogus charges that have been flying around recently.”

Tucker Carlson: Trump indictment ‘greater assault’ on democracy than Jan. 6 | The Hill
“If you believe in our system and you want it to continue, you have to raise your hand and say stop, because this is too great an assault on our system, much greater than anything we saw on January 6th, that’s for certain,” he said.

Here’s what 2024 Republicans have said about Trump’s indictment | The Hill
If any of them are looking forward to seeing this competition gotten out of the way, they aren't showing it.

Ron DeSantis: it is "un-American"...

Nikki Haley: “From everything I’ve seen from this New York district attorney, this is something he’d be doing for political points,” ... “And I think what we know is when you get into political prosecutions like this it’s more about revenge than it is about justice, and I think the country would be better off talking about things the American public cares about.”

Sen. Tim Scott: “this pro-criminal New York DA has failed to uphold the law for violent criminals, yet weaponized the law against political enemies.” ... “This is a travesty and it should not be happening in the greatest country on Earth. The presumption of innocence is central to our legal system, yet is selectively discarded by those on the far left today,” ... “As I travel the country, I hear from families starving for truth. They’re starving for hope.”

Asa Hutchinson: “It is a dark day for America when a former President is indicted on criminal charges. While the grand jury found credible facts to support the charges, it is important that the presumption of innocence follows Mr. Trump,” ... “We need to wait on the facts and for our American system of justice to work like it does for thousands of Americans every day,” ... “Finally, it is essential that the decision on America’s next President be made at the ballot box and not in the court system. Donald Trump should not be the next President, but that should be decided by the voters.”

Glenn Youngkin: “It is beyond belief that District Attorney Alvin Bragg has indicted a former President and current presidential candidate for pure political gain. Arresting a presidential candidate on a manufactured basis should not happen in America,” ... “The left’s continued attempts to weaponize our judicial system erode people’s faith in the American justice system and it needs to stop,” ...

Mike Pompeo: "The Manhattan DA is undermining America’s confidence in our legal system,” Pompeo posted on Twitter. “Bragg is the same Soros-funded prosecutor who refuses to prosecute violent crimes and who has downgraded more than half of all felonies to misdemeanors.” ... “Prosecuting serious crimes keeps Americans safe, but political prosecutions put the American legal system at risk of being viewed as a tool for abuse,” ... “DA Bragg – spend taxpayers’ money and your energy protecting law-abiding citizens. Not playing politics.”

Vivek Ramaswamy: the charges aginst Trump are “politically motivated” and could further polarize the country. “This is wrong. This is dangerous. We’re skating on thin ice as a country right now. I think we may be headed on our way to a national divorce,” ... People who want to protest this indictment should "do it peacefully and do it lawfully.”

Listening to MSNBC analysts, this indictment is important in one aspect. Trump and his lawyers have been pounding the drum that one cannot indict a president for his acts in office. This indictment demonstrates that a president that commits criminal acts while in office can be indicted. That issue is now settled.

He wasn't in office for the hush money..

WRONG. Trump did reimburse Cohen while he was in office.

Reactions: jab
Fox contributor: Trump was ‘absolutely horrific’ during Hannity interview | The Hill
“I watched that and I thought, ‘Where is Donald Trump?'” Chaffetz said on “Fox and Friends,” adding, “I voted for Donald Trump twice. I have defended him countless times. I thought he was horrific. I think that was the worst interview I’ve seen the president do.”

Hannity’s interview with Trump aired Monday night on Fox’s “Hannity” show, where the former president dodged questions about a probe into classified documents discovered at his Florida property, denied that his people posted a photo of him threatening Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) with a baseball bat and took aim at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), saying he could not have won his 2018 gubernatorial race without the former president’s endorsement.

Chaffetz further criticized Trump for “whining,” “playing the victim card” and complaining that someone he endorsed, like DeSantis, may be running against him in the GOP primary in 2024.

“I thought he was absolutely horrific,” he said. “He’s a former president of the United States. Act like it. He didn’t in that interview.”
This is not just a second childhood. It is a second infancy.

Fox contributor: Trump was ‘absolutely horrific’ during Hannity interview | The Hill
“I watched that and I thought, ‘Where is Donald Trump?'” Chaffetz said on “Fox and Friends,” adding, “I voted for Donald Trump twice. I have defended him countless times. I thought he was horrific. I think that was the worst interview I’ve seen the president do.”

Hannity’s interview with Trump aired Monday night on Fox’s “Hannity” show, where the former president dodged questions about a probe into classified documents discovered at his Florida property, denied that his people posted a photo of him threatening Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg (D) with a baseball bat and took aim at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R), saying he could not have won his 2018 gubernatorial race without the former president’s endorsement.

Chaffetz further criticized Trump for “whining,” “playing the victim card” and complaining that someone he endorsed, like DeSantis, may be running against him in the GOP primary in 2024.

“I thought he was absolutely horrific,” he said. “He’s a former president of the United States. Act like it. He didn’t in that interview.”
This is not just a second childhood. It is a second infancy.
Act like it? When did he ever act like a President? I mean other than to get out of prosecutions?

I understand that Trump has been accused of paying hush money to Stormy Daniels. What I don't understand is what law has been allegedly broken?

All articles I read start with the assumption that the reader gets this. I don't.

Wasn't she just paid for service rendered? That, to me, seems perfectly reasonable

I understand that Trump has been accused of paying hush money to Stormy Daniels. What I don't understand is what law has been allegedly broken?

All articles I read start with the assumption that the reader gets this. I don't.

Wasn't she just paid for service rendered? That, to me, seems perfectly reasonable
Not if the money was an effective donation to the Trump campaign, but not declared as a donation under electoral laws, it's not.

Nor if it was fraudulently entered in any accounts to avoid paying relevant taxes.

I believe those are the two major issues the prosecutors are pursuing.

Not if the money was an effective donation to the Trump campaign, but not declared as a donation under electoral laws, it's not.

Nor if it was fraudulently entered in any accounts to avoid paying relevant taxes.

Cohen was already convicted and served jail time on that first charge, while saying he did it at the request of Trump.

Ok. So it's complete bullshit. So I'm assuming Trump will come out of this stronger?

Ok. So it's complete bullshit. So I'm assuming Trump will come out of this stronger?

In the Swedish language does "criminal but difficult to prove" translate as "complete bullshit"? I thought Google Translate was better than that.

Anyway, I see that T**** has been indicted on "more than 30" criminal charges. That suggests that they've gone beyond the illegal hush-slush accounting.

I'm not sure what outcome to hope for. This prosecution may STRENGTHEN Trump, but is that a bad thing? The GOP will nominate either Mephistopheles or Trump in 2024. Electing either would be disastrous for the USA, but the stupider, more disgusting candidate will be easier to defeat in November.

Reactions: SLD
Back
Top Bottom