• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Former President Trump told ESPN Thursday that "nobody has gotten to the bottom of 9/11" after he was asked about 9/11 survivors and their families who are protesting a Saudi-backed LIV Golf event at one of his golf courses.

Driving the news: "Nobody has gotten to the bottom of 9/11 unfortunately, and they should have," Trump said, calling the people who carried out the terrorist attack "maniacs that did that horrible thing to our city, to our country, to the world."

Flashback: Last year, the FBI released a declassified document from 2016 related to its investigation, which showed Saudi hijackers allegedly received heavy support from Saudi government officials,
The big picture: Families of 9/11 victims have criticized the LIV Golf tour and asked Trump to cancel the event, which the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey is hosting.

• The families also released an ad that criticized Trump for working with the new golf circuit, the Washington Post reports.
  • “We simply cannot understand how you could agree to accept money from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia’s golf league to host their tournament at your golf course, and to do so in the shadows of Ground Zero in New Jersey, which lost over 700 residents during the attacks,” the group wrote in a letter to Trump, per the Post.
  • “Were it not for the support that these hijackers received from the Saudi government, then 9/11 would have never happened,” Brett Eagleson, a founder of 9/11 Justice, told The Post.
  • Trump told the Wall Street Journal earlier this week that he "can't really comment" on the 9/11 families "because I don’t know exactly what they're saying, and what they're saying who did what."
I guess Trump's Muslim ban doesn't apply if you have enough money.

Last edited:
Is Trump going to do all this from a New York State prison? I can’t imagine he’ll be paroled before 2024. He’ll possibly be facing insurance fraud, criminal tax evasion, grand larceny, and scheming to defraud.

I'm sorry, but you failed to correctly name the charges. See, all those offenses he did are *.-while-white-and-wealthy.

The maximum penalties for these things are "slap on the wrist with a limo noodle".

The fact that you want a rich white man to get a slap on the wrist is dictator level behaviour on par with what Hitler did. :mad:
To be fair, those were only state charges. The Jan 6 Committee is laying an extremely good federal case against Trump that will preclude him from ever holding office, earn him serious prison time. At this point, Trump has not actually established concentration camps so no he isn’t as bad as Hitler. Yet. Which is why we cannot let him ever ever ever run again for anything.

"I am the Great Trumpholio! I need TP for my buttholio!"

Almost 2 years of Trump running for president. It is about to start getting weird again.

The Saudi-backed LIV Golf Tour has...brought no shortage of controversy with it....judging by the anemic attendance and super cheap tickets available on StubHub for this weekend’s event at former President Donald Trump’s New Jersey golf club in Bedminster, the controversy has not helped its business....Writing for The Washington Post, Rick Maese reports: "there is no television rights deal...Fewer than 1,000 people were concurrently watching the Facebook Live feed for much of the first two rounds this weekend...On the course...estimates suggested only a few thousand spectators. Tickets...could be had on the secondary market for $1 apiece"

At first I was shocked to learn that Fox Business would turn against His Orange Holiness by show-casing yet another of His Orangeness's defaults. However I assume the story is intended just to scrounge up more cash donations from gullible Trump-suckers. The hosting service supposedly in a bitter battle is itself staunchly right-wing.

After clicking, I learned two more things:
(1) Trump has a "controlling interest" in Truth Social despite investing little or no money. Our beloved 45th President is such a brilliant businessman!
(2) With no clicks from me, the webpage started up TWO copies of some video featuring Karl Rove. The videos were out of sync by about a quarter of a second; this rendered unintelligible, and gave a peculiar thumping character, to whatever Rove was babbling. There probably aren't a lot of competent web programmers in the bat-shit corner of America's political spectrum.

At first I was shocked to learn that Fox Business would turn against His Orange Holiness by show-casing yet another of His Orangeness's defaults. However I assume the story is intended just to scrounge up more cash donations from gullible Trump-suckers. The hosting service supposedly in a bitter battle is itself staunchly right-wing.

After clicking, I learned two more things:
(1) Trump has a "controlling interest" in Truth Social despite investing little or no money. Our beloved 45th President is such a brilliant businessman!
(2) With no clicks from me, the webpage started up TWO copies of some video featuring Karl Rove. The videos were out of sync by about a quarter of a second; this rendered unintelligible, and gave a peculiar thumping character, to whatever Rove was babbling. There probably aren't a lot of competent web programmers in the bat-shit corner of America's political spectrum.
That's because all of the truly intelligent scoundrel programmers know they can make a fuckton more money selling viruses, ransomware, and money/crypto laundering tech on the dark web.

Why throw in with the political idiots when the political idiots don't even pay folks worth a damn?

If you want to just troll people for the lulz, even then there are more effective outlets that will be found by someone with enough brain cells to dereference a pointer.

I mean shit, I can see this and I don't even throw in with the scoundrel factio.

NYT Editorial Board Opinion - Donald Trump Is Not Above the Law

The whole thing is well worth a read but I'll just post the last two paragraphs.

If Mr. Garland decides to pursue prosecution, a message that the Justice Department must send early and often is that even if Mr. Trump genuinely believed, as he claimed, that the election had been marred by fraud, his schemes to interfere in the certification of the vote would still be crimes. And even though Mr. Trump’s efforts failed, these efforts would still be crimes. More than 850 other Americans have already been charged with crimes for their roles in the Capitol attack. Well-meaning intentions did not shield them from the consequences of their actions. It would be unjust if Mr. Trump, the man who inspired them, faced no consequences.

No one should revel in the prospect of this or any former president facing criminal prosecution. Mr. Trump’s actions have brought shame on one of the world’s oldest democracies and destabilized its future. Even justice before the law will not erase that stain. Nor will prosecuting Mr. Trump fix the structural problems that led to the greatest crisis in American democracy since the Civil War. But it is a necessary first step toward doing so.

Trump and the GOP did... and if you read the fine print, they said that most money wasn't ever going to such a cause. Only a fraction of the money raised was going to go to such a defense. They ripped off their supporters, and their supporters are as emboldened as ever to support the people fleecing them.

Former President Donald Trump on Monday took time off from melting down over the FBI executing a search warrant at his home to seize classified documents to demand that he be installed as commander-in-chief of the United States—22 months after he decisively lost the 2020 race.

The twice-impeached ex-president, though, did propose a “minimal solution” if he is not returned to the White House right away: Declare the 2020 vote “irreparably compromised” and hold a new one “immediately.”
Delusional.

“King Carlson” claims to be “Commander-in-Chief” of the “United States Armed Forces Civilian Command.” He claims he was awarded this position after a failed coup attempt “by the Clinton cartel to overthrow the election of Donald Trump. The military then stepped in and made sure that Donald Trump actually took office.”
The military then allegedly showed its gratitude by making him King of America and commander-in-chief. He offers no evidence to support his contention.

Go away Trump! We have a new king!

Former President Donald Trump on Monday took time off from melting down over the FBI executing a search warrant at his home to seize classified documents to demand that he be installed as commander-in-chief of the United States—22 months after he decisively lost the 2020 race.

The twice-impeached ex-president, though, did propose a “minimal solution” if he is not returned to the White House right away: Declare the 2020 vote “irreparably compromised” and hold a new one “immediately.”
Delusional.
More like nuckin' futs.

This gives me a thought. Will Trump flee to some other country to seek asylum? I'm guessing Russia.

I was thinking Saudi Arabia, but Russia would do.

Of course, it might be difficult to convince either country to take him in, his presence being a diplomatic albatross around the neck of his host... they might not consider it unless he had something valuable to barter for asylum.

... on that note, are we sure the Feds got all the classified intel out of Mar-a-Lago?

Back
Top Bottom