• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Jared Kushner is telling his side of the story in a new book. It has met with derision, for example:
Natasha Noman said:
“Usually I avoid engaging in futile arguments, but this was enough. I could feel my voice rise,” [Jared Kushner] writes, describing a particularly tense moment with then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. Tillerson bitterly opposed Kushner’s handling of the Middle East and, specifically, his suggestion that the U.S. embassy in Israel be moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem — a decision decried by many policy experts as “reckless.” “My words had stung. The former oil titan was growing more frazzled and insecure, so I softened my tone.” So goes the biting account of a big boy who put an oil titan in his place.

This gives me a thought. Will Trump flee to some other country to seek asylum? I'm guessing Russia.

I was thinking Saudi Arabia, but Russia would do.

Of course, it might be difficult to convince either country to take him in, his presence being a diplomatic albatross around the neck of his host... they might not consider it unless he had something valuable to barter for asylum.

... on that note, are we sure the Feds got all the classified intel out of Mar-a-Lago?
Well, there is this:

F.B.I. Found 48 Empty Folders That Had Contained Classified Documents at Trump’s Home​

Reputed attorney-stiffer Donald Trump once tried to pay a lawyer with a horse, according to a new book by The New York Times’ David Enrich.
In a segment of “Servants of the Damned: Giant Law Firms, Donald Trump and the Corruption of Justice” reported Monday by the Guardian, Trump owed $2 million to “a lawyer at a white-shoe firm” in the 1990s.

The lawyer showed up unannounced at Trump Tower to confront Trump.
″‘I’m not going to pay your bill. I’m going to give you something more valuable,’ Trump replied, according to the book, due out later this month. “What on earth is he talking about? the lawyer wondered. ‘I have a stallion,’ Trump continued. ‘It’s worth $5 million.’ Trump rummaged around in a filing cabinet and pulled out what he said was a deed to a horse. He handed it to the lawyer.”

“This isn’t the 1800s. You can’t pay me with a horse,” the stunned attorney replied, threatening to sue.
Trump eventually “eventually coughed up at least a portion of what he owed,” the author wrote.

What's next for Trump? Should be medication and therapy.

A short while ago, he took to Pravda Social to demand he be made President again:

This is massive FRAUD & ELECTION INTERFERENCE at a level never seen before in our Country. REMEDY: Declare the rightful winner or, and this would be the minimal solution, declare the 2020 Election irreparably compromised and have a new Election, immediately!

He spent part of the holiday today crafting this gem:
Now that the FBI and DOJ have been caught in a massive and determinative Election Rigging Scam, are they going to change the results of the 2020 Presidential Election? They should!!!

He's at the "okay, grandpa...now let's get you in the car so you don't miss your appointment" stage.

On Truth Social, Trump Embraces Far-Right Conspiracy Theories - The New York Times - "The former president’s activity on his social network, Truth Social, openly promotes far-right and conspiratorial ideas that are usually confined to corners of the internet."
n a 24-hour period this week, former President Donald J. Trump posted to his social media platform, Truth Social, 88 times, amplifying one conspiracy theory after another.

Among his unsupported claims: A retiring F.B.I. agent was behind both the search of his Mar-a-Lago property on Aug. 8 and the investigation into his campaign’s possible ties to Russia; a forthcoming report will prove widespread corruption against his 2016 campaign; and he should be reinstalled as president because the 2020 election was fraudulent.

“Declare the rightful winner or, and this would be the minimal solution, declare the 2020 Election irreparably compromised and have a new Election, immediately!” he wrote.
Like claiming that Barack Obama was not born in the US and dismissing investigations of him as partisan witch hunts. That last one reminds me of how Rush Limbaugh would claim that criticisms of him were efforts to shut him up.
He shared a flurry of 61 posts written by Truth Social users, many of whom had ties to QAnon, an online conspiracy movement aligned with the former president. One post included “the storm,” which QAnon followers use to describe the day when the movement’s enemies will be violently punished.

Mr. Trump is well known for spending hours tuned in to Fox News. Some of his posts in the past week, including his call to be reinstalled as president, have received regular attention on the network.

But his posts suggest that he is increasingly attuned to voices in far-right and fringe publications that are even friendlier to his cause.
He also shared an article from American Thinker, a conservative site that had posted conspiracy theories about the 2020 election that it later retracted, claiming the F.B.I. was “a campaign arm of the Democrat Party.”
I remember American Thinker having an article about George Soros and how that financier's speculations ruined a large number of people's retirement savings. I read that and I thought about how left-wing it seems. Because a proper right-wing response would be to say that those savings losers deserved their losses for being bad investors and that GS deserves his wealth because he is a much better investor than them. Yet another case of right-wingers sounding like left-wingers when they think it expedient for them to do so.

What's next for Trump? Should be medication and therapy.

A short while ago, he took to Pravda Social to demand he be made President again:

This is massive FRAUD & ELECTION INTERFERENCE at a level never seen before in our Country. REMEDY: Declare the rightful winner or, and this would be the minimal solution, declare the 2020 Election irreparably compromised and have a new Election, immediately!
I hereby declare the rightful winner of the 2020 election to be Biden.

He's at the "okay, grandpa...now let's get you in the car so you don't miss your appointment" stage.
He's at the "Don't try to chew through the restraints, you'll just hurt your teeth and make us muzzle you again" stage.
They will need to position such that the trap comes down quickly on them from an unexpected angle.

If the final jaws of justice do not come down in such a way, Trump is exactly the kind of person who would try to threaten the one sided suicide pact with everyone.

Part of me worries that they rummaged through to find the absolute most damaging thing they could, and put it somewhere that it gets released from, should something happen to them.

The fact is, Twitler needs to be executed for this.

For Mierde-lardo, for having accessed state secrets and given them/exposed them to foreign interests and for mishandling nuclear secrets and for leading a violent insurrection against both houses of Congress to overturn a fair election.

There is no way to contain that kind of abusive power short of death.

A federal grand jury investigating the activities leading up the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol and the push by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the result of the 2020 election has expanded its probe to include seeking information about Trump's leadership PAC, Save America, sources with direct knowledge tell ABC News.

The interest in the fundraising arm came to light as part of grand jury subpoenas seeking documents, records and testimony from potential witnesses, the sources said.

The subpoenas, sent to several individuals in recent weeks, are specifically seeking to understand the timeline of Save America's formation, the organization's fundraising activities, and how money is both received and spent by the Trump-aligned PAC.
Another grift to go down.

A federal grand jury investigating the activities leading up the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol and the push by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the result of the 2020 election has expanded its probe to include seeking information about Trump's leadership PAC, Save America, sources with direct knowledge tell ABC News.

The interest in the fundraising arm came to light as part of grand jury subpoenas seeking documents, records and testimony from potential witnesses, the sources said.

The subpoenas, sent to several individuals in recent weeks, are specifically seeking to understand the timeline of Save America's formation, the organization's fundraising activities, and how money is both received and spent by the Trump-aligned PAC.
Another grift to go down.

... another thing that leaves me feeling totally in the dark.

Bannon was indicted for his grift, lying that he was collecting money to build The Wall while pocketing funds and using them otherwise.
Trump has been collecting HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS on his Stop The Steal grift. Shouldn't he at least be required to show that
1) there was ever a steal in the first place, and
2) that all that money went to stop it?

We all know The Big Lie is a lie. So how is Trump's grift not massive fraud?

4 years ago I placed my bet on Scotland. I think he has dual citizenship there.. or some heritage birthright or something... he also owns property there (they are trying to close down a golf course he owns there that, you guess it, is hemorrhaging money.. and not just his).
Is that why he had the Queen murdered? :unsure:

Speculate at will, everyone else is

It still bothers me that this penultimate assclown narcissist wannabe fascist garners so much attention.

Back
Top Bottom