• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged So what's next for Trump?

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Congresswoman Summer Lee on X: "Enough ..." / X
Enough of Rs weaponizing the term "two-tiered justice" to help Trump & his cronies play victim by erasing those who are truly victims of disparate treatment.

Let's not get it twisted - 1 in 3 Black men can expect to be incarcerated in his lifetime compared to 1 in 17 white men.
(wtih video of her saying that)

Right-wingers say that one should not call oneself a victim. But they then call themselves victims all the time. Look at how Donald Trump whines about what a victim he is, for instance.

Right-wingers say that one should not call oneself a victim. But they then call themselves victims all the time. Look at how Donald Trump whines about what a victim he is, for instance.
It's primarily just another cult of victimhood. All the MAGAtards I know profess their victimhood loud and clear and make Bozo the Orange their savior. They've all been terribly wronged by some great bogeyman of their imagination. Most of them just want to be successful criminals. "I'm a loser but it's not my fault. Stop persecuting me" is what I hear a lot.

...Trying to get my head around the Trump/Mandela nexus. I would like to see Donald do 27 years behind bars. On the other hand, those ginger-haired Boers are his herrenvolk. I will feel more comfortable when he compares himself to Rosa Parks.

I saw him saying “I don’t mind being Mandela…”
Great.
See ya in 27 years.

Does he ever feel defeated? Or that he has ever done something wrong?

His perpetual victimhood is annoying, and I find the silence of "Don't call yourself a victim!" conservatives most annoying. They don't even try to give even the most friendly sort of criticism to him.

this is in the federal case, not Georgia. Pancakes don’t do this much flipping. :eating_popcorn:

Trump when he gets around to reading this news:

"I never knew him. Also, Mark Meadows was the worst Chief of Staff in the history of this great country, but I never even met the guy."

Trump glowers as Cohen dishes - POLITICO
Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s onetime loyal aide turned vocal antagonist, took the witness stand Tuesday to testify against Trump in a $250 million civil fraud trial, telling the judge that the former president ordered Cohen to falsify financial documents.

In measured tones, Cohen testified that when he worked for Trump as his lawyer and fixer, Trump directed him to modify documents that represented Trump’s net worth so that they reflected the number Trump desired.

“I was tasked by Mr. Trump to increase the total assets based upon a number that he arbitrarily elected,” Cohen said, “and my responsibility, along with [former Trump Organization CFO] Allen Weisselberg, predominantly, was to reverse engineer the various different asset classes, increase those assets in order to achieve the number that Mr. Trump had tasked us.”
What he described to AOC 4 years ago.
As Cohen delivered that testimony, Trump, who was seated at the defense table, grew red in the face and shook his head. Trump didn’t look at Cohen as he entered the courtroom, but as Cohen spoke on the witness stand, Trump trained his eyes on him and either crossed his arms or leaned forward over the defense table.

DENVER (AP) — Then-President Donald Trump could have mobilized the National Guard and other federal agencies to protect the U.S. Capitol once violence broke out on Jan. 6, 2021, a law professor testified Tuesday as a case to bar the former president from the 2024 ballot moved into a new phase.

William Banks, a Syracuse University law professor and expert in national security law, said that once the attack on the Capitol began, Trump had options he did not use.

“He should respond to his constitutional responsibilities to protect the security of the United States when there’s an assault on our democratic process,” Banks said of Trump.

Banks was testifying as a witness for a group of Colorado voters who want to bar Trump from the ballot for allegedly violating his oath to uphold the Constitution in his attempt to overturn his 2020 election loss. They cite a rarely used clause in the 14th Amendment, adopted just after the Civil War, that prohibits those who “engaged in insurrection” against the Constitution from holding higher office.

Trump is going to trial in March.

Judge Tanya Sue Chutkan on Thursday set Feb. 9 as the date when hundreds of potential jurors in Washington D.C. will receive copies of a questionnaire to determine their eligibility to take part in the federal case against Trump.
The historic trial is slated to begin on March 4, 2024, the same year Trump hopes to reclaim the White House in a general election against Joe Biden.

Donald Trump's financial disclosures neglected to include hundreds of trademarks he owns — including over 100 in China and six in Russia — until after he left the office of the presidency.

The hundreds of trademarks include the rights for business opportunities expected for someone with Trump's business record, like real estate, golf, beauty pageant, and hotel branding in dozens of countries.

The list also includes more unexpected business opportunities for the former president, like video games, lash extensions, deodorant, and nautical instruments.

Trump's complete list of trademarks was first disclosed in a document known as OGE Form 278e, which the US Office of Governmental Ethics requires for US presidents and vice presidents and candidates for president and vice president.

Until this year, the former US president's ethics forms didn't disclose his trademarks in foreign countries, which can provide him revenue and are issued and can be revoked by foreign governments. He didn't disclose them at all while in office, and he first disclosed the long list in July of this year and amended it in August.
I don't understand why Trump still has supporters. When he lies like he has above, he's lying to them too. Apparently they don't care.

I don't understand why Trump still has supporters. When he lies like he has above, he's lying to them too. Apparently they don't care.

I suspect that the vast majority of them are not news junkies, but those who are tend to monitor news sources that don't report such stories or report them in ways that rationalize or justify Trump's behavior. After all, everyone is out there for themselves, aren't they? That's natural human behavior. Why pick on him for doing what all the other politicians do? Besides, the other politicians are even worse, because they are better at covering up their lies.

Back
Top Bottom