• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

South Carolina police officer investigated after slamming student to ground at Spring Valley High

I agree. It really is a rolls-eye banghead situation that this cop took a minor infraction and decided to give the bratty girl a chance to sue. What an idiot. No wonder the department doesn't want him. He's a serious cost risk!

Yes, she was being a brat. And that should _never_ have become something she could sue over. Stupid cop.
Or she could have learned the night before someone close to her was sick or dead and that day she was just having a bad day. We don't know.
Her motives and mindset and pretty much irrelevant here. That would be applicable in a potential punishment for her actions, which oddly enough have become whitewashed because an officer thought to himself, 'You think you are causing a disruption in the classroom, just wait to see what I have in mind".

- - - Updated - - -

Freepers said:
"If the girl was not committing a crime he should have kept his hands to himself. IMO."

The girl was told to leave the class. Refusing to do so was an act of criminal trespass.
No words... should have sent a poet.

It gets way better if you have the stomach to continue reading that thread.

To: ScottWalkerForPresident2016

Nearly every one of these cases involve a black youth that cannot deal with ANY authority. . .not just police authority. . ANY authority. . and ladies and gentlemen. . .THAT is the real problem. . and it is one that no one wants to talk about. . oh and, btw, you think it’s bad now. . .wait untill their feral hordes of babies they make come of age. . .by then. . there will be no one crazy enough to want be a law-enforcement officer AT ANY PRICE.

36 posted on ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎59‎:‎56‎ ‎AM by McBuff

Or she could have learned the night before someone close to her was sick or dead and that day she was just having a bad day. We don't know.
Her motives and mindset and pretty much irrelevant here.
I agree.
That would be applicable in a potential punishment for her actions, which oddly enough have become whitewashed because an officer thought to himself, 'You think you are causing a disruption in the classroom, just wait to see what I have in mind".
Yeah, you right. The girl caused a disturbance for a teacher in a single classroom, the officer has caused a disturbance for a whole nation.

Nearly every one of these cases involve a black youth that cannot deal with ANY authority. . .not just police authority. . ANY authority. . and ladies and gentlemen. . .THAT is the real problem. . and it is one that no one wants to talk about. . oh and, btw, you think it’s bad now. . .wait untill their feral hordes of babies they make come of age. . .by then. . there will be no one crazy enough to want be a law-enforcement officer AT ANY PRICE.

We need guns to protect us from the government who is tyrannical and dictatorial and will subjugate us at any moment, and we must always submit to any authority at any time or we deserve any punishment we receive.

I agree. It really is a rolls-eye banghead situation that this cop took a minor infraction and decided to give the bratty girl a chance to sue. What an idiot. No wonder the department doesn't want him. He's a serious cost risk!

Yes, she was being a brat. And that should _never_ have become something she could sue over. Stupid cop.

I agree with you, that's why I say she was being a brat, not that she was a brat. Because people can act bratty for all kinds of reasons. Some are sympathetic, some are not. So the action of saying "no no no," especially to the principal, was a bratty thing to do - even if her reason for doing it was that she wanted to check text updates from her mother at the hospital. And neither of those extremes, the totally sympathetic or the totally unsympathetic, justified the treatment she got.

@Selsaral

If you insert "white people" between We and need.

Then change the rest of the "we"s into "they".

You can maintain the logical consistency of the freepr mindset and protect your irony meter.

See, it’s worse than just anarchy. It’s “feral hordes of babies”.

You do realize that he was the villain in that movie, right?
As he said "It's all up to you. I can be a good guy or I can be one mean son of a bitch". Regardless, it's a great quote.
The way I see it, Paul Newman did something stupid and faced consequences for it. Instead of backing down and serving his time, he rebelled repeatedly which ended in his death at the end of the movie. Kind of sums up a lot of these cases we've been talking about…
One of my favorite movies of all time.

And yeah it is a great metaphor for the “legitimated” brutalizations of humans.

But you draw such an ignoble lesson from it.

The movie ended in Luke’s death because he was stronger than the other prisoners, far more full of life than them; he wasn't going to settle for an un-free life. The others, due to long oppression and their submission to it, had lost the memory of how to choose for themselves without bosses. Remember how the other prisoners kept repeating the stories of their hero to compensate living a half-life? Even Dragline’s impulse to escape with Luke was automated, he couldn’t deal with it once his dread of freedom crept back in.

Wasn’t it the Society Red character that took the “resistance is futile, just submit” position? He wanted to be the ‘better-because-I’m-smart’ one but was among the weakest, stripped-of-vitality, ‘just play it safe” persons of them all.

I think the prison’s a metaphor for life in a society that hammers down the nail that sticks out, whether it’s prison guards, police, employers… all the odious things in life that won’t just “let me be” as Luke complains. The prisoners are all of us. Some are individual enough to find oppression intolerable and act out; most aren’t, they just comply and then compensate with whatever distractions are handy.

"Students say Fields had a reputation for violence and was colloquially known as “Officer Slam” at Spring Valley High."

Maybe he was like that preacher that bragged about getting a boy to come to Jesus by gut punching him and knocking out his wind.

The desk fell over because she was struggling. This can be clearly seen in the video. The cop didn't mean for the desk & her to fall over like that. However, if this cop has been in trouble for this kind of shit before, the police department & the school should come up with another method of removing students from class rooms. If some kid is being a brat, they don't deserve to be hurt.

There's really no telling if she would or would not have struggled if he dragged the desk with her in it out of the classroom. What do you do if a kid is struggling while you're trying to move the desk out of the classroom? You still risk hurting the kid. Bringing in a cop to deal with a kid only works if the kid respects the cop's authority. Maybe a cop shouldn't be brought in at all for this situation. I like the idea of giving her the choice of leaving the classroom now or get suspended for a whole day.

But the cop was called in. Once this happens, the cop must win the battle. He cannot be seen much less videoed as giving up and walking away or getting into some comical tug of war with the girl. He has a reputation that must be protected. He can be the good cop, the nice cop, but he also must be seen as an individual that enforces when necessary. If he backs down in anyway, within a month, there likely would be half a dozen little swinging dicks looking to challenge his authority in some fashion.

This is a society I do not want to live in, and I will not accept it for our society

The desk fell over because she was struggling. This can be clearly seen in the video. The cop didn't mean for the desk & her to fall over like that. However, if this cop has been in trouble for this kind of shit before, the police department & the school should come up with another method of removing students from class rooms. If some kid is being a brat, they don't deserve to be hurt.

There's really no telling if she would or would not have struggled if he dragged the desk with her in it out of the classroom. What do you do if a kid is struggling while you're trying to move the desk out of the classroom? You still risk hurting the kid. Bringing in a cop to deal with a kid only works if the kid respects the cop's authority. Maybe a cop shouldn't be brought in at all for this situation. I like the idea of giving her the choice of leaving the classroom now or get suspended for a whole day.

the desk fell over because the officer grabbed her leg

go to 14 seconds in the video

You do realize that he was the villain in that movie, right?
As he said "It's all up to you. I can be a good guy or I can be one mean son of a bitch". Regardless, it's a great quote. ;)
The way I see it, Paul Newman did something stupid and faced consequences for it. Instead of backing down and serving his time, he rebelled repeatedly which ended in his death at the end of the movie. Kind of sums up a lot of these cases we've been talking about. Had Michael Brown not attacked the cop he'd have served some time for the robbery but he'd be out before long - perhaps he could have even pleaded down to probation. Instead he's dead and has only himself to blame.
Same with our unnamed girl - she could have surrendered her phone and her mother could have picked it up later.

Here is the problem with your little faux-righteous speech up there... Your definition of "attack" has zero basis in reality.

Michael Brown did not "attack" anyone, and that fact will never ever change no matter how many times you claim otherwise.

And the student in the OP did not "attack" anyone either. Sure, she could have surrendered her phone. She didn't. That's what obnoxious teens do. It does not constitute an action on her part that justifies the SRO's attack on her.

It's harder to see in the video, but he tosses her across the room after he separates her from the desk. As it turns out, she has neck and back problems now, and her arm is in a cast. Also, it seems her mother recently died and she has been living in a foster home. So, she was emotionally unstable. She needed understanding and kindness. Instead she got shit justice, American style.

Well I have to call her something since her name has not been released. And it was a reference to much reporting claiming that she was tossed around like one.

No Derec, you do not need to make up a derogatory name to call her. "Student" works just fine; we will all know who you are talking about.

But the fact that you do... repeatedly... whether or not an actual name is provided... consistently make up derogatory names for victims of police (& wannabe police) brutality says a LOT about you.

In the meantime, Ksen is correct. This time you inadvertently picked a label that is an accurate description of what the SRO treated her as.

Back
Top Bottom