• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

SpaceX Heavy test a success

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
link

Everything seemed to work. The launch went well. The boosters and rockets came back and landed. And a car is apparently going into orbit around the sun. Really incredible stuff.

link

Everything seemed to work. The launch went well. The boosters and rockets came back and landed. And a car is apparently going into orbit around the sun. Really incredible stuff.

Can't help picturing the post-apocalypse... a few thousand years later, humans become space-farers again, and come across Elon's car. Think that might raise some controversy?

Pretty cool watching those two boosters come back down and land at the same time all smooth and shit.

America has reclaimed the tile of biggest phallic symbol.

link

Can't help picturing the post-apocalypse... a few thousand years later, humans become space-farers again, and come across Elon's car. Think that might raise some controversy?

Russell's Roadster?

link

:lol: I was thinking of the aliens who come across it :D

(also made the photo of it my Facebook cover photo :p )

The two booster rockets relanding was an awesome sight

Falcon Heavy: Watch SpaceX Launch Powerful New Rocket : The Two-Way : NPR
SpaceX Falcon Heavy launch - YouTube

A Falcon Heavy rocket successfully sent a car into an interplanetary orbit, with its farthest distance being around Mars's orbit.

It was delayed a bit because of high-altitude winds, and it was launched on 3:45 EST, just 15 minutes before the end of the day's launch opportunity.

The two side cores of its first stage successfully made it back, but the third one crashed into the ocean near its intended destination: a SpaceX landing-pad drone ship.

SpaceX Launches Falcon Heavy Rocket at Cape Canaveral - The Atlantic

The Symbolism of Elon Musk Sending a Car Into Space - The Atlantic: a cherry-red Tesla Motors convertible with a spacesuited dummy in its driver's seat.

Here's how the SpaceX Falcon Heavy rocket stacks up to its competition,  Comparison of orbital launch systems:

The currently-active rocket with the greatest lift capability is the Delta Heavy at 28 metric tons to low Earth orbit. The Falcon Heavy can do 64 mt to LEO, the Saturn V could do 140 mt to LEO, and the upcoming Space Launch System will initially do 70 mt to LEO.

SpaceX is currently working on a Falcon Heavy successor, the  BFR (rocket), the Big Falcon Rocket.

My brother just said the same thing two minutes ago when I showed him the live feed.

BTW, here's some screen shots I took to use as my desktop wallpaper.

Carinspace.jpg
Carinspace2.jpg
Carinspace3.jpg

link

The central core landed at 300 mph and lightly damaged the Of Course I Still Love You in the process. (They put a zig in the landing burn so if it doesn't go off the booster goes into the drink instead. It just wasn't quite far enough away.)

I read they fucked up the orbit of the car, burned too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother just said the same thing two minutes ago when I showed him the live feed.

BTW, here's some screen shots I took to use as my desktop wallpaper.

View attachment 14420
View attachment 14421
View attachment 14422

The second one is my current Facebook cover. I was planning to look for the 3rd photo, so that you for saving me the trouble. LOVE the screen that says "don't panic" :lol:

He is such a nerd.

There's also a towel in the glove compartment. :D

What is the point abd goal?

All the information from the ISS is even with exercise regimens, humans deteriorate in low g. The last I heard reported is permanent eye damage.

No technology will fix that.

Two wealthy clients have signed up with Space X for a trip around the moon. An adventure for the rich.

Large scale long term colonization of the Moon and Mars is not feasible.

The only meaningful goal is asteroid interception.

What is the point abd goal?

All the information from the ISS is even with exercise regimens, humans deteriorate in low g. The last I heard reported is permanent eye damage.

No technology will fix that.

Two wealthy clients have signed up with Space X for a trip around the moon. An adventure for the rich.

Large scale long term colonization of the Moon and Mars is not feasible.

The only meaningful goal is asteroid interception.

Microgravity is easy enough to fix with rotating habitats. It's not even in the top 10 most difficult hurdles to founding a Mars colony.

If you don't see a point or a goal, that's OK; Just stand back so those who do don't tread on your toes.

If we all had your attitude, we would still be in Olduvai Gorge, staring at a bunch of rocks we can't see any need to pick up.

Large scale long term colonization of Australia is not feasible; the only meaningful goal is to get rid of the congenitally criminal underclass. As we used to say in the 1700s.

Back
Top Bottom