• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Speaker Who!

Something to remember here is that the speaker doesn't need to actually be a member. It could be a senator. It could be just some guy off the street. It could be Bernie Sanders, or HRC, or Rober Mueller. The speaker of the house isn't vulnerable to losing their seat, because they don't need to be a congressperson at all.

Who shouldn't it be? Well, it probably shouldn't be Nancy Pelosi, the person who drove the DNC right off a cliff in 2016 to hijack the primaties and keep the party from actually moving left. I wouldn't be opposed to her staying on as Whip, but we need a speaker who has some real sass, and who isn't afraid of confrontation.

How about Obama? Bonespurs head would explode!

Knowing the Democrats, it will be Oprah. Their poor understanding of the climate leads them to think that they need a TV star, without understanding of all the other aspects... like that she's black and a woman... and not THAT kind of TV star.

It's like your grandparents seeing people on their smartphones, and going out and getting an iPad because they think it's the same because it checks the only boxes they understand.

Something to remember here is that the speaker doesn't need to actually be a member.
Theoretically. Like how theoretically any baptized man can be elected Pope. Yet, somehow, they always vote for a fellow cardinal. Or in this case, representative.

Knowing the Democrats, it will be Oprah. Their poor understanding of the climate leads them to think that they need a TV star, without understanding of all the other aspects... like that she's black and a woman... and not THAT kind of TV star.

It's like your grandparents seeing people on their smartphones, and going out and getting an iPad because they think it's the same because it checks the only boxes they understand.

Bonespurs, TV star. Reagan, movie star. Schwarzenegger, movie star. Sonny Bono, TV/music star. Clint Eastwood, movie star. Shirley Temple, movie star.

Bonespurs, TV star. Reagan, movie star. Schwarzenegger, movie star. Sonny Bono, TV/music star. Clint Eastwood, movie star. Shirley Temple, movie star.

Fred Grandy (Gopher from Loveboat) was (is) a republican too. Rep, 93-95. Granted, he wasn't exactly a star.

Something to remember here is that the speaker doesn't need to actually be a member. It could be a senator. It could be just some guy off the street. It could be Bernie Sanders, or HRC, or Rober Mueller. The speaker of the house isn't vulnerable to losing their seat, because they don't need to be a congressperson at all.

Who shouldn't it be? Well, it probably shouldn't be Nancy Pelosi, the person who drove the DNC right off a cliff in 2016 to hijack the primaties and keep the party from actually moving left. I wouldn't be opposed to her staying on as Whip, but we need a speaker who has some real sass, and who isn't afraid of confrontation.

Too much of a coward.

Too much of a coward.

The_Stupid__It_Burns_by_Plognark.png

Probably more that Obama is too ethical.

Anyone
1. Not too old
2. Smart(quick)
3. Sane
4. Hailing from a fairly safe district representatively.
5. Hailing from a district that won't/can't be redistricted/gerrymandered away from them.

Really. They could be brand new and completely unknown on the national stage, but if they meet these criteria, I would be happy.

You left off:

6. Female (or at least non-Male)
7. Minority

I guess it's Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez!

She might be a bit too young.

The fighter pilot from Va?

Too much of a coward.

Maybe Wonder Woman then. From the movie, not the TV show.

I know this will freak you all out, but Pelosi is the most qualified person to be speaker at this time. She's been unfairly demonized by both parties. She is the only one who has both the knowledge, the experience and the guts to do the job. Imo, if she becomes speaker again, she should start grooming a younger person who also has lots of experience and the ability to do the job. This is not the time to put someone new in the job.

The speaker needs to be someone that has the ability to negotiate with both parties and get things done. So, seriously. Who in the world, other than Pelosi, could do this job given the current climate in the country? I've heard the name Tim Ryan bounced around. I don't know enough about him, so I don't know if he'd be a good speaker. Do any of you know much about him?

And enough about her age. A lot of the same young people who say that she's too old, want whacky Bernie to run for president again, and never say a word about the fact that RBG is 85 and has no plans of retiring. Sorry, but RBG should have retired during the early part of the first or second term of Obama. Now she's becoming more frail. She says she will work until she's at least 90. Earth to Ruth. When you're 85, you never know how many years or days you have left.

I know this will freak you all out, but Pelosi is the most qualified person to be speaker at this time. She's been unfairly demonized by both parties. She is the only one who has both the knowledge, the experience and the guts to do the job. Imo, if she becomes speaker again, she should start grooming a younger person who also has lots of experience and the ability to do the job. This is not the time to put someone new in the job.

The speaker needs to be someone that has the ability to negotiate with both parties and get things done. So, seriously. Who in the world, other than Pelosi, could do this job given the current climate in the country? I've heard the name Tim Ryan bounced around. I don't know enough about him, so I don't know if he'd be a good speaker. Do any of you know much about him?

And enough about her age. A lot of the same young people who say that she's too old, want whacky Bernie to run for president again, and never say a word about the fact that RBG is 85 and has no plans of retiring. Sorry, but RBG should have retired during the early part of the first or second term of Obama. Now she's becoming more frail. She says she will work until she's at least 90. Earth to Ruth. When you're 85, you never know how many years or days you have left.

She has not been much of a leader the past two years IMO. We don't know where the dems stand in a consistent coherent message. I thought her speech yesterday was not very empowering or definitive. There is no one speaking up and calling the Orange menace out on his outrageous tactics. I don't care how old she is. I just think the repubs will walk all over her.

Pelosi is very good behind the scenes getting bills passed, but they do need a better spokesperson.

I see the corporate media made it known not to challenge Pelosi.

Damn! I didn't get the memo. What did the corporate media do this time? Those bunch of meanies need to be contained...

Ya, this was a case of Pelosi selling herself and convincing the rest of the Dems to go with her.

I'm sure that she was really just being shrill and bossy, though.

Well, rep Marcia Fudge put herself up against Pelosi and instead of engaging Fudge on ideas and what she could bring to the speakership the corporate media put this out. That was a message to anyone who would dare seriously oppose Pelosi that taking her on risks ruining one's reputation.

Just after that story came out Fudge dropped her bid and fell in line as did other resistant representatives.

Of course, the story is that Pelosi herself negotiated a deal with Fudge, but if you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale.

Well, rep Marcia Fudge put herself up against Pelosi and instead of engaging Fudge on ideas and what she could bring to the speakership the corporate media put this out. That was a message to anyone who would dare seriously oppose Pelosi that taking her on risks ruining one's reputation.

Just after that story came out Fudge dropped her bid and fell in line as did other resistant representatives.

Of course, the story is that Pelosi herself negotiated a deal with Fudge, but if you believe that, I've got a bridge for sale.

Fucking deep state operatives spreading fake news to cover up their corruption. Drain the swamp! :mad:

Yes, it's a conspiracy. I also believe that they are behind the romaine lettuce poisoning in order to further depress challengers to NP. We live in a sick country my friend...

Back
Top Bottom