• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Special Counsel investigation of Trump part 2

Matt Gaetz is trying to get the special council defunded to stop the investigation and prosecution. Can this fucker be charged with obstruction of justice?

Matt Gaetz is trying to get the special council defunded to stop the investigation and prosecution. Can this fucker be charged with obstruction of justice?

Poor Matt. He's a member of Congress, but doesn't seem to know how these things work, does he?

The investigation is more or less done at this point. The Special Counsel's office wouldn't have sent this letter to Trump if it were a "hey, we just started looking into this stuff and we have some questions" correspondence.

If Jack Smith is even a halfway competent prosecutor, he's got Fragilego Mussolini dead to rights.

Trump had these documents in his possession. We have all the communications between him and his staff... and that of between the Government and him. This trial should take two days.

Yet, thanks to lawyers, this gets pushed off and then Trump, who'll likely be the presumptive Republican candidate for President, he'll argue that he can't do the trial because of the election.

Al Franken staged a lewd photo (that involved no nudity) and resigned from the Senate!

UPDATE: Friday, Jul 21, 2023 · 10:43:33 AM EDT · Mark Sumner
Cannon’s order also sets the location of Trump’s trial as Ft. Pierce. This is an unusual ruling because the origin of the case was West Palm Beach, and cases are not supposed to be moved without cause. Moving it to Ft. Pierce places the trial in a more heavily Republican area and also puts it in a tiny courtroom with very limited room for media coverage.

May 2024 trial date set!
This is bullshit.
Sure, but it's not what he wanted. His pet judge split the difference...for this case.

There's a whole bunch of room for the Georgia case to move in and take him to trial, and the word being thrown around is "racketeering."

When the inevitable indictment for the separate January 6th thing comes down, what is the chance that the judge in that case will be amenable to Trump's desires?

Reactions: jab
May 2024 trial date set!
This is bullshit.
Sure, but it's not what he wanted. His pet judge split the difference...for this case.

There's a whole bunch of room for the Georgia case to move in and take him to trial, and the word being thrown around is "racketeering."

When the inevitable indictment for the separate January 6th thing comes down, what is the chance that the judge in that case will be amenable to Trump's desires?
Is “split the difference” a standard legal argument?

Trump had these documents in his possession. We have all the communications between him and his staff... and that of between the Government and him. This trial should take two days.

Yet, thanks to lawyers, this gets pushed off and then Trump, who'll likely be the presumptive Republican candidate for President, he'll argue that he can't do the trial because of the election.

Al Franken staged a lewd photo (that involved no nudity) and resigned from the Senate!
Present all the evidence in two days??

May 2024 trial date set!
This is bullshit.

Is “split the difference” a standard legal argument?
It was for Solomon, allegedly.

May 2024 trial date set!
This is bullshit.

January or February for election interference.

May 2024 trial date set!
This is bullshit.

January or February for election interference.
I can't wait to see how that goes down.

Judge: "I have set a date of February 12th, 2024."

Trump: "Yeah, that's not gonna work for me, I have a rally in Terra Haute."

Judge: "Perhaps I didn't make myself clear?"

We really need a score card or spread sheet to keep track of all these investigations, indictments and court dates. Oh, and a tally of fines and sentences.

Talking news heads are predicting Trump is about to be indicted. Possibly as soon as tomorrow. Please, please, please let this be so!
I read that the indictment in DC would be a quicker run, which would allow the delays in Florida, gives him time to put Trump on trial elsewhere. Hopefully this is accurate.

Back
Top Bottom