• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

State of the Union 2022

Why is the speech done every year? I thought it only had to be done regularly?
Watched part of it. Too long, too rambling.
If we did that in Australia we would dislike our pollies even more.

RviTMng.png

I knew that. I mean, i can hardly follow my Dad's army anecdotes without a translation (like, Army 2nd LT = Navy Ensign), but i knew that much.

COULD be that the letter is real, i suppose, and she misunderstood Lance Corporal.... Or Lieutenant Colonel. But still, iff'n it were me, i would definitely have made sure if only to know how to pronounce it properly.
Fuck, how hard is it to Google it, if i didn't know anyone with Army, Marine, Air Fore chops?

But then, fact checking is anathema to some of us....

View attachment 37752

I knew that. I mean, i can hardly follow my Dad's army anecdotes without a translation (like, Army 2nd LT = Navy Ensign), but i knew that much.

COULD be that the letter is real, i suppose, and she misunderstood Lance Corporal.... Or Lieutenant Colonel. But still, iff'n it were me, i would definitely have made sure if only to know how to pronounce it properly.
Fuck, how hard is it to Google it, if i didn't know anyone with Army, Marine, Air Fore chops?

That was my thought as well. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt in simply misunderstanding the rank and not bothering to make sure she got it right.

Normally, that's what I'd do for anyone in this situation. But Boebert? The worst of the GQP? Nope, she probably lying.

Keith, if Boebert fact checked, she'd probably convince herself the actual rank was corporal-captain.

This could be so much fun. How difficult would it be to convince Boebert that US Special forces have their own unique hierachy of rank like Spartan or Primarch or Grand Admiral?

I am very proud of the job Joe Biden has been doing. His strength was never oratory, nor even a dazzling intellect. He's an honest and good man. He's more of a follower than a leader, but maybe that's what the Democratic Party needed. I think Kamala Harris is a good person also though, like Joe, not supremely charismatic.

I thought Biden's speech was excellent. I'd be very proud if I could do that at age 79.

And Nancy Pelosi is a true heroine, and very photogenic. It's hard to believe she's 10 days away from her 82nd birthday.

Having said all this, I do hope the D Party finds some younger champions. The 2022 and 2024 elections are going to be very close and, I am afraid, very disappointing for rational-thinking Americans.

... Edit: funny side story about Nancy. When she was doing some ceremony just after the inauguration bestowing something or other on Biden and Harris, she gave a short speech, but near the end, she kind of stammered like she forgot what she was supposed to say next but then she blurted out, "And liberty and justice for all!" to finish her speech. 😂 Everyone has their moments.

That was one of the funniest things I've ever seen. Yet no one else seemed to have noticed or cared when I told them! It still cracks me to think about it. "And liberty and justice for all!" is now my go-to whenever I'm caught awkwardly not knowing what to say.

As I say, Nancy Pelosi is a true heroine. And has a great sense of humor.

Boebert’s heckling was pathetic. Seriously does she blame every. President for every military casualty? ...
:confused: You write as though the defecations erupting from Boebert's orifices are worthy of attention. :confused2:

It's unlikely but possible that the "Lieutenant Corporal" came from a wise-ass Democrat curious to see if the hateful cretin would be stupid enough to repeat ir.

Back
Top Bottom