• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

You were the one who mentioned soul - ''soul is the only constant thing'' - hence my question.

my understanding of soul is a battery of our body or engine which keep us live
The question is not, yet, the purpose or function of a soul.
It's still, "Why would anyone accept that such a thing is real?"
Answer that, THEN we get to 'why are there souls?' and after that 'Is a god necessary to explain souls?' and after after that 'Why is so hard for white boys to have soul?'

No, I really don't. I'm an atheist. So your claim makes no sense at all.
You might as well tell me that Spongebob Shortpants made the Earth nad all life upon it.
Or your 45th level Mage cast a spell.
I just think it's silly and have ABSOLUTELY NO REASON to think it's worth the time it takes to say 'can you prove it?'

- - - Updated - - -

We know what your answer is, Syed. I just asked for anything resembling support for your conclusion.
atheist cant know
Well, I don't think too many of us claim to KNOW as much as we claim that you've done fuck all to support your silly superstition. No matter how many times we invite you to...

i said god created life now you have to disprove that
look up burden of proof child
if you cannot substantiate a claim then is is dismissed summarily as unsupported

i am asking you a scientific question, who created life on earth?
But it's not a scientific question until you can show there's a 'who' behind life on Earth being created.
now burden of proof is on all of us
Whooosh! Right over your head, huh?

i asked who created life, just say you dont know

, THEN we get to 'why are there souls?' and after that 'Is a god necessary to explain souls?''

can you explain what is death?
The cessation of all detectable life functions for a given unit.
soul is our battery, when we died we run out of soul
Still hazy on the difference between explaining the function of a still-hypothetical soul and one single fucking reason to think it's real.

See, right now, the soul being attached to or detaching from a body is NOT a detectable life function. So does not, yet, have any impact on our definition of death.

I vote to permanently ban him. Let him peddle his trash somewhere else.
I don't know about a ban, but maybe he can have something tailored for him, so he's only allowed to post in the Road To Nowhere forum, a move that will save time and limit his ability to shit on others?

Just by chance I am going to visit with one of my creators, this creator takes most of the credit for my creation though the other creator seems unavailable right now though

It's only trash if it's taken seriously. It could be seen as comedy, mildly entertaining, an example of strange beliefs, an example of a poor education, poor logic, unwillingness to learn, etc. Being a freethought forum, shouldn't these things be freely expressed?

You were the one who mentioned soul - ''soul is the only constant thing'' - hence my question.

my understanding of soul is a battery of our body or engine which keep us live

Cool. That would be scientifically possible to verify. Have you got any studies to show this?

BTW, I'm pretty sure the soul is a poetic metaphor and has always been. It's your feeling of a sense of self. And it has been well studied. Based on available science we don't have a soul. Not a real one. We may have a metaphorical one. But that's just poetic language. That's not really a thing.

It's only trash if it's taken seriously. It could be seen as comedy, mildly entertaining, an example of strange beliefs, an example of a poor education, poor logic, unwillingness to learn, etc. Being a freethought forum, shouldn't these things be freely expressed?

atheism can not survived without censorship and banning people

look at these crying atheist babies, evangelical fundy are better then this crying babies

just because i hurts their feeling i shouldn't be ban

Last edited:
Who created life on earth ?

1, a invisible creator who created life on earth ?

2, earth itself created life on earth ?

3, sun created life on earth ?

4, moon created life on earth ?

5, earth's chemicals created life on earth ?

6, one cell created life on earth ?

7, alien created life on earth ?

8, stars created life on earth ?

9, life always existed on earth ?

10, no one created life on earth ?

11, who?

12, what ?

i gave you multiple choice pick one and explain how

You forgot to have "nobody knows" as an option. Which is the truth. Mostly likely it came through natural causes. There's certainly nothing natural to prevent it from happening. So that's my bet. A problem with researching it is that later life destroyed the earlier life. So we're low on evidence. Quite likely we'll never find any. Still doesn't prove God did it.

Best guess is that organic molecules became replicative and eventually formed prokaryotic bacteria (basically a complex chemical, but primitive 'life'). Eventually some branch of prokaryotic bacteria became eukaryotic (bacteria with a mitochondria for greater energy production). Eventually eukaryotic bacteria evolved into multi-cellular organisms and the rest is history.

I believe, for most of the history of multi-cellular organisms, animal life only existed in water (that's where it's believed life originated). Eventually some branches of animals branched into amphibians (animals that live on land and water), and from there some evolved to live solely on land.

Human beings are mammals. In the early days mammals were very small creatures that had to run quickly to escape from being eaten by dinosaurs. Once dinosaurs largely went extinct that led to the rise of mammals, and the eventual existence of human beings.

Nowadays, scientists say we're a part of the 'anthropocene extinction event', meaning human beings are causing one of earth's greatest mass extinctions.

Lately, though, I don't like to make a distinction between human beings and other life on earth. In other words, I don't put all of the blame on human beings themselves, but rather the 'life' chemical reaction itself. Human beings are one of the results of evolution, which resulted in mass energy extraction from the earth, which is now resulting in a shift in our atmosphere, which will go on to write another chapter in earth's environmental history.

Who created life on earth ?

1, a invisible creator who created life on earth ?

2, earth itself created life on earth ?

3, sun created life on earth ?

4, moon created life on earth ?

5, earth's chemicals created life on earth ?

6, one cell created life on earth ?

7, alien created life on earth ?

8, stars created life on earth ?

9, life always existed on earth ?

10, no one created life on earth ?

11, who?

12, what ?

i gave you multiple choice pick one and explain how

You forgot to have "nobody knows" as an option. Which is the truth. Mostly likely it came through natural causes. There's certainly nothing natural to prevent it from happening. So that's my bet. A problem with researching it is that later life destroyed the earlier life. So we're low on evidence. Quite likely we'll never find any. Still doesn't prove God did it.

first you said "nobody knows" who created life on earth ?

then you explain "natural causes" created life on earth

"natural causes" mean earth's chemicals ?

first you said "nobody knows" who created life on earth ?

then you explain "natural causes" created life on earth

"natural causes" mean earth's chemicals ?

Yep. Life is a chemical.

Back
Top Bottom