• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

But 'muslim' is not a generic term for theist, is it?
I think you're the one dancing in circles, trying to pull a justification out of your ass.

I also don't know how many muslim men as old as you pretend to be use 'lol' as often as you do.

here is word muslims mean ANYONE who believe in god and good person is a MUSLIM

Except when it doesn't:

Syed said:
in one context christians and jews are muslims and another context they are not muslims

- - - Updated - - -

Quran 9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

Jews and Christians do not "prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited"

Jews and Christians do not "follow the religion of truth"

Jews and Christians were dhimmi.

Jews and Christians had to pay the jizya.

Therefore this passage orders Muslims to fight all non-Muslims, including Jews and Christians, until they pay the jizya.

You keep going in circles--I'm just standing here while you make yourself dizzy.

to me christians and jews believe in same god as me

Jews and Christians do not "prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited"

Therefore this passage orders Muslims to fight all non-Muslims, including Jews and Christians, until they pay the jizya.

here is word muslims mean ANYONE who believe in god and good person is a MUSLIM

Except when it doesn't:

Syed said:
in one context christians and jews are muslims and another context they are not muslims

- - - Updated - - -

Quran 9:29 Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.

You keep going in circles--I'm just standing here while you make yourself dizzy.

i think we understand each other point now we should move on

Except when it doesn't:

Syed said:

- - - Updated - - -

Your position is incoherent: you vacillate between two definitions of Muslim:
1. Everyone
2. Only the followers of Islam

The Qu'ran clearly differentiates between Muslims (followers of Islam) and non-Muslims (everyone who is not a follower of Islam)

In all fairness, I think English is probably the second or third language of Syed. So, I think it is neither fair nor reasonable to criticize him for being unable to explain certain lines or Islamic concepts when he probably understands well what he means but is unable to convey or translate that well on the page of an English-writing Internet board.

However, to give him credit where credit's due, despite what I perceive as a language barrier, he's held his own.

In response to the thread, yes, in Islamic understanding, both Christians and Jews are identified as "People of the Book" who worship God. "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for God which can be said to be neither a female or a male and is simply the word for Source/Higher Power.

The Shakespearean line "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" comes to mind as I write this post. Yes, adherents of different religion have unique and different names for calling upon God in their own languages, but ultimately they are all calling upon God. Different interpretations of god does not a different God make.

In all fairness, I think English is probably the second or third language of Syed. So, I think it is neither fair nor reasonable to criticize him for being unable to explain certain lines or Islamic concepts when he probably understands well what he means but is unable to convey or translate that well on the page of an English-writing Internet board.

However, to give him credit where credit's due, despite what I perceive as a language barrier, he's held his own.

In response to the thread, yes, in Islamic understanding, both Christians and Jews are identified as "People of the Book" who worship God. "Allah" is simply the Arabic word for God which can be said to be neither a female or a male and is simply the word for Source/Higher Power.

The Shakespearean line "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet" comes to mind as I write this post. Yes, adherents of different religion have unique and different names for calling upon God in their own languages, but ultimately they are all calling upon God. Different interpretations of god does not a different God make.

ANY interpretation does not a god make.

These gods are mere fantasies.

Can you see your contradiction:

''allah mean god not brahma'' - Syed.
brahma is NAME of a deity and allah is verb

No, it's a noun. And a name. This thread was already a train wreck, and it's just getting worse.

- - - Updated - - -

The god of Judaism is depicted as being Male.

well, god dont have genitalia

Don't they? Are you sure? How many gods have you seen to be able to make this statement?

brahma is NAME of a deity and allah is verb

No, it's a noun. And a name. This thread was already a train wreck, and it's just getting worse.

- - - Updated - - -
repeat that

The god of Judaism is depicted as being Male.

well, god dont have genitalia

Don't they? Are you sure? How many gods have you seen to be able to make this statement?

too many you won't believe me

Except when it doesn't:

Syed said:

- - - Updated - - -

Your position is incoherent: you vacillate between two definitions of Muslim:
1. Everyone
2. Only the followers of Islam

The Qu'ran clearly differentiates between Muslims (followers of Islam) and non-Muslims (everyone who is not a follower of Islam)

every atom in the universe is a muslim ( submitted to god or god have power over them)

Syed, normally I don't treat your posts seriously as much of what you post is just silly and not well thought out. However, I felt your comment here needed a response.
What difference would that make on whether or not i felt you were competent to explain anything more complicated than tic-tac-toe?
west hates isis as much as other muslims
1) The 'west' is not of one mind or thought, so the 'west' can't 'hate ISIS as much as Muslims in general; the statement is flat out false.
2) I've worked along side Muslims and Hindus, and the funny thing was that they were simply people like everyone else.
3) My father had 2 best friends during college, who were Muslims from Iran. He exchanged letters with one of them for about a decade after he returned to Iran.
4) Christians in Muslim dominated countries face far more hardship and abuse than Muslims living in the west.

I certainly don't hate Muslims in general. I do hate what ISIS has done and is doing. However, I don't feel the west can make things better by participating in the blood letting in the greater ME. I do believe that the west is part of the problems within the ME. However, at the same time, I believe that the Arab nations are their own worst enemy. I certainly don't hate you, even as I barely even have a sense of who you are.

If God has power over everything in the universe, why is it necessary for Muslims to kill non-followers of Islam? To do so would prove they (Muslims) don't believe God has power over all things. (infidels)

Syed, normally I don't treat your posts seriously as much of what you post is just silly and not well thought out. However, I felt your comment here needed a response.
west hates isis as much as other muslims
1) The 'west' is not of one mind or thought, so the 'west' can't 'hate ISIS as much as Muslims in general; the statement is flat out false.
2) I've worked along side Muslims and Hindus, and the funny thing was that they were simply people like everyone else.
3) My father had 2 best friends during college, who were Muslims from Iran. He exchanged letters with one of them for about a decade after he returned to Iran.
4) Christians in Muslim dominated countries face far more hardship and abuse than Muslims living in the west.

I certainly don't hate Muslims in general. I do hate what ISIS has done and is doing. However, I don't feel the west can make things better by participating in the blood letting in the greater ME. I do believe that the west is part of the problems within the ME. However, at the same time, I believe that the Arab nations are their own worst enemy. I certainly don't hate you, even as I barely even have a sense of who you are.

donald trump got elected for 2 reason because he is a white supremacist and he hates muslims

If God has power over everything in the universe, why is it necessary for Muslims to kill non-followers of Islam? To do so would prove they (Muslims) don't believe God has power over all things. (infidels)

muslims are not killing you, you are dropping bombs and killing muslims in middle east for 15 years

and dont reply back because off topic

Back
Top Bottom