• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

i am happy that god made me human a learning creature instead of happy diseases free robot

This is in blatant contradiction to what you said before; that people are able to learn in Heaven without having to suffer, hence they are not 'robots' in heaven.
human already learned on earth so they wont suffer in heaven

But you yourself said that humans are able to learn in heaven without having to suffer.

yes because they already learned on earth

If you have the ability to learn, location has nothing to do with your inherit ability to learn.

What about all the humans who died as babies and infants...are they all supposed to remain ignorant or 'robot's for all eternity because they did not 'learn on Earth?'

Humans as we know them have been around for approximately 200,000 years. There are roughly 30,000 diseases known to modern medicine, of which 3/4 or so are still without a cure (according to google...I'm not going to bring real sources into this because...well...it is Syed).

Syed, are you okay with your God torturing humanity with diseases for 200,000 years so that we have only cured 1/4 of them (and that isn't factoring in mental diseases either...which would make that fraction even smaller).

On the other side, when those same humans go up to a hypothetical heaven, all of the diseases are cured (or can be learned to be cured) without pain and suffering.

That doesn't seem....messed up to you in the slightest?
Would you choose to torture your children if you had the choice to not torture them and pass on the same lesson?

i am happy that god made me human a learning creature instead of happy diseases free robot

That is not the question I asked you. Please answer the question.
Would you choose to torture your children if you had the choice to not torture them and pass on the same lesson?

yes because they already learned on earth

If you have the ability to learn, location has nothing to do with your inherit ability to learn.

What about all the humans who died as babies and infants...are they all supposed to remain ignorant or 'robot's for all eternity because they did not 'learn on Earth?'

babies will learn from adults

This is where we were like 5 pages ago.

Before going around the circuit again, please think about the actual argument people are making:

1. These babies will go to paradise before having learned anything on Earth.

2. They will not suffer in paradise.

3. They can learn in paradise.

4. Therefore: Suffering is not required to learn things.

And why does God send natural disasters like earthquakes and hurricanes that also kill thousands of innocent people?

god does not send plane, train, car, earthquakes, hurricanes, diseases or any other natural disasters

BUT some time god use those thing to destroyed evil people
Like Paul Wellstone.

Dude, if Allah is god, he still may boot you to hell for being so bad at apologia and barring dozens and hundreds of people from ever seeing the light.

Jam tomorrow. Starvation, pain and suffering today, but jam tomorrow. And if tomorrow never comes? Tough shit.

i was wrong and that child suffered for nothing.....stupidevolutiondidit

Maybe, Syed. I think it would be more accurate to say naturalforcesdidit. But, unlike with your "god", nobody's going about saying that natural forces care, that natural forces love us, that natural forces have prepared a paradise for us. Natural forces don't give a shit, so there's no reason to expect natural forces to step in and stop unnecessary suffering. A "god" who loves us, on the other hand ...

Jam tomorrow. Starvation, pain and suffering today, but jam tomorrow. And if tomorrow never comes? Tough shit.
:confused:
Jam tomorrow and jam yesterday, but only pain and suffering today. Works much better. Carol, on the set please.

I get the reference and know the original quote, but in the case of believers, it's all jam tomorrow, or maybe more aptly, pie in the sky when you die. So I didn't feel the need for "yesterday" in my paraphrase.

:confused:
Jam tomorrow and jam yesterday, but only pain and suffering today. Works much better. Carol, on the set please.

I get the reference and know the original quote, but in the case of believers, it's all jam tomorrow, or maybe more aptly, pie in the sky when you die. So I didn't feel the need for "yesterday" in my paraphrase.
You are going to have to answer to Carol Channing when you die.

You are going to have to answer to Carol Channing when you die.

No I won't. I'm going to accept her as my saviour on my deathbed, and go straight to her heaven.

That is not the question I asked you. Please answer the question.

god gave knowledge to angels and angels suffered no pain from having knowledge but they are like robots

god could give knowledge to human without pain and suffering BUT human would be like robots

i was wrong and that child suffered for nothing.....stupidevolutiondidit

Maybe, Syed. I think it would be more accurate to say naturalforcesdidit. But, unlike with your "god", nobody's going about saying that natural forces care, that natural forces love us, that natural forces have prepared a paradise for us. Natural forces don't give a shit, so there's no reason to expect natural forces to step in and stop unnecessary suffering. A "god" who loves us, on the other hand ...

no, i blamed all our pain suffering, evil religions, osama bin ladin, 911, suicide bombing on stupidevolutiondidit

This is where we were like 5 pages ago.

Before going around the circuit again, please think about the actual argument people are making:

1. These babies will go to paradise before having learned anything on Earth.

2. They will not suffer in paradise.

3. They can learn in paradise.

4. Therefore: Suffering is not required to learn things.

how could babies learn in paradise without a adult who have no knowledge him/herself ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom