• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

i am NOT going to talk about shitty 911, osama bin ladin, isis, hamas, religion of pee, iran, sharia, rapefugee,

NOW

what can atheists tell naked tribe to wear clothes and learn to read/write?

how do you convince them to do that?

Religion of pee?

Anyway, I didn't have time to watch the referenced documentary, but I'm going to guess that the tribe in question probably has some sort of religion. Ancestor worship, nature worship, or perhaps a pantheon of gods their people have been praying to for centuries.

They probably also have non-verbal forms of communication. Perhaps not libraries full of books, but some way of tallying things/keeping records/etc. and even if they don't, I'm betting they have a very rich oral history.

As with many "primitive" tribes that have been discovered around the world, they also have a culture that would keep a decent anthropologist busy studying for a very long time. The fact that they don't wear clothes, don't speak your language, and don't worship your Bronze Age sky fairy doesn't mean they're not civilized. They just have a civilization you refuse to recognize as such, and for some odd reason you've decided to redirect your anger over their nudity towards atheists.

You don't just speak in broken English. You think in broken reasoning.

civilized mean is more then peaceful coexistence and you CANT be peaceful and coexistence without education

So now you are saying that atheists have the highest civilizing influence on others. Thanks! :huggs:

WITHOUT clothing human CAN NOT be civilized and atheists dont know that reading, writing and clothing makes human civilized

Nonsense. Think of all the most evil societies you can come up with. Societies full of people with immense power to inflict cruelty and misery on others, and who have no hesitation to do so.

I'm willing to bet every single one of them were clothed and literate. Not only that, they were likely rather snappily dressed, like the Nazis, and prided themselves on intellectualism and cultural achievement. The well dressed, well-educated and utterly cruel monster is a figure that appears throughout history in all parts of the world.

I'm in... oh, wait. I live in Sweden. I like stiff nipples. But not this stiff

Yeah, I'm Canadian. I'm going to have to remember what vaguely-car-shaped lump of snow is mine tonight after work and dig it out, and clothes definitely help for this. Definitely doesn't feel "civilized" though to have to scrape ice off your windshield. Peacefully fishing naked on a tropical island seems WAY more civilized than this sometimes, but I'm usually pretty tired of winter by the time March comes around so I'm definitely romanticizing this a bit...

I grew up in the north of England, and decided at the age of 25 that scraping ice off windshields was distinctly uncivilised. So I moved to the sub-tropics, where the only ice I have to deal with is strictly voluntary (and usually inhabiting a drink), and where most days I never put any clothes on at all (admittedly it helps that I work from home).

I can strongly recommend this change in lifestyle. If civilisation requires reading, writing, and wearing clothes, then I fail on two of the three counts - I wear no clothes most days, and I last used a pen several months ago.

civilized mean is more then peaceful coexistence and you CANT be peaceful and coexistence without education

So now you are saying that atheists have the highest civilizing influence on others. Thanks! :huggs:

can you atheists make naked tribe to learn to read and write?

please answer yes or no and how?

Sure. Just threaten them with divine retribution from a magical omnipotent being if they don't do as I say.
Same thing that you'd do, except that I'd never abuse another human being like that.
Tell us what you actually KNOW about any of those indigenous populations Syed. I think you know less than nothing.

Sure, When European explorers came to Southern Africa starting in the 1500's, Africans did not have writing. They learned from the Europeans and now, literacy is well established in Africa.

In South America, there was little that could be called writing until the Spaniards came.

In large parts of the Islamic world, literacy is low.

https://tribune.com.pk/story/897995/education-woes-pakistan-misses-un-target-with-58-literacy-rate/

ISLAMABAD:
Pakistan’s literacy rate has sustained at 58% over the past two years and the country looks set to miss the millennium development goal (MDG) for education.

The Pakistan Economic Survey 2014-15 unveiled on Thursday stated that the literacy rate has gone down by 2% in 2013-14 as compared to the previous year when it was 60%. However, the survey, which uses data from Pakistan Social and Living Standards Measurement (PSLM), appears to have either quoted the figures wrongly or the numbers have been fudged intentionally.

----

How can we raise the literacy rate in the Islamic world? Has religion done that well in say, Pakistan? On the other hand,literacy is almost universal in the atheistic Scandinavian nations.

---

http://www.iinanews.com/page/public/report.aspx?id=10377

Jeddah (IINA) – Illiteracy is stunningly rampant in the Muslim world. Nearly 40 percent, (with varying percentages in the Member States of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation) of the Muslim world's population cannot read or write, which means that there are hundreds of millions of illiterates in the OIC countries, mostly female, according to a report prepared by OIC and obtained by the International Islamic News Agency (IINA).
The report showed that adult literacy rate in the OIC countries is roughly 73 percent, lower than the global adult literacy rate (82 percent), and the rate of other developing countries (85 percent), based on 2013 statistics.

--------

Perhaps you should be aiming your efforts at your fellow Muslims, not atheists.

dont force but convince them reading / writing / cloths are good for them

How? What makes you think that they would prefer running around on scorching sand wearing towels on their heads, vs being perfectly comfortable in their own skin in a jungle environment?
)
all atheists should be in a jungle environment?

Sure, When European explorers came to Southern Africa starting in the 1500's, Africans did not have writing. They learned from the Europeans and now, literacy is well established in Africa.
those european were believers in god, i am asking can you atheists make naked tribe to learn to read and write?

Sure. Just threaten them with divine retribution from a magical omnipotent being if they don't do as I say.
you are admitting that atheism CANT civilize human

hate hate you for that reason NOT because you reject him

Yeah, I'm Canadian. I'm going to have to remember what vaguely-car-shaped lump of snow is mine tonight after work and dig it out, and clothes definitely help for this. Definitely doesn't feel "civilized" though to have to scrape ice off your windshield. Peacefully fishing naked on a tropical island seems WAY more civilized than this sometimes, but I'm usually pretty tired of winter by the time March comes around so I'm definitely romanticizing this a bit...

I grew up in the north of England, and decided at the age of 25 that scraping ice off windshields was distinctly uncivilised. So I moved to the sub-tropics, where the only ice I have to deal with is strictly voluntary (and usually inhabiting a drink), and where most days I never put any clothes on at all (admittedly it helps that I work from home).

I can strongly recommend this change in lifestyle. If civilisation requires reading, writing, and wearing clothes, then I fail on two of the three counts - I wear no clothes most days, and I last used a pen several months ago.

so you dont wear clothe at all?

WITHOUT clothing human CAN NOT be civilized and atheists dont know that reading, writing and clothing makes human civilized
And what does that have to do with religion?

It's religion that puts clothes on people and teaches them to read and write?
i will answer later in a new thread

my question to atheists is can you make naked tribe to learn to read / write and wear cloths?

so you dont wear clothe at all?

Only if I am leaving the house - which typically only happens at the weekends.

The climate here is far more comfortable without clothes.

how do you convince them that literacy benefits them?

Syed, I just want to let you know that everything you have written in this thread proves to me that you are an uncivilised savage, who perhaps shouldn't talk about civilising others.
relax have a civil discussion, i know my questioning your atheism harts

Back
Top Bottom