• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

Why? What possible harm from going naked could outweigh the benefit of ending war and hunger?
You forget, syed doesn't have a morality. He has a list. Things his god likes and things he does not. Not a system of figuring out how to determine new moral priorities.

If God hasn't previously examined the idea and told him what to think about it, he's helpless.

Sure. Just threaten them with divine retribution from a magical omnipotent being if they don't do as I say.
you are admitting that atheism CANT civilize human
No, he's not. If he just makes up the god he threatens them with, he's still an atheist.
So his atheism leaves him the ability to create a religion tailored to meet the needs of the challenge you present.
hate hate you for that reason NOT because you reject him
I THINK you mean 'god hates you' but i think that's a telling slip. Your god is synonymous with hate.

And you're okay with that...

- - - Updated - - -

do you want ALL human to go naked or just ME?
He's asking YOU to make a moral decision.
If YOU going naked would stop all wars and hunger, you wouldn't do it?

If i were convinced of this premise, i'd strip on Good Morning America.

Why? What possible harm from going naked could outweigh the benefit of ending war and hunger?

do you want ALL human to go naked or just ME?

I don't care.

What possible harm from EVERYONE going naked could outweigh the benefit of ending war and hunger?

What possible harm from just YOU going naked could outweigh the benefit of ending war and hunger?

This thread reminds me of a conversation between Magrat Garlick and Granny Weatherwax in Pratchett's Witches Abroad:

'That's silly. That's like saying everyone's naked under their clothes,' said Magrat.

'Magrat Garlick, may you be forgiven,' said Granny Weatherwax.

'Well, it's true!'

'I'm not,' said Granny flatly, 'I got three vests on.'

So now you are saying that atheists have the highest civilizing influence on others. Thanks! :huggs:

can you atheists make naked tribe to learn to read and write?

please answer yes or no and how?

Communists were great at forcing people to do all kinds of things. Atheists. But only you think they were civilized. I'm less convinced

Sure, When European explorers came to Southern Africa starting in the 1500's, Africans did not have writing. They learned from the Europeans and now, literacy is well established in Africa.
those european were believers in god, i am asking can you atheists make naked tribe to learn to read and write?

If religious communities are so good, why does the Islamic world have so much illiteracy?

Note that the Eastern European nations so long dominated by atheist communists have a uniformly high literacy rate.
China's highly atheistic but has a high literacy rate. Pakistan and Bangladesh. Low literacy rates.
If these Moslem nations can't cut the literacy mustard, but the commies can, why should we take you seriously as anything else than an ignorant blowhard?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_literacy_rate

Even if religion is better at making people civilized, it doesn't make it true. I don't care about what makes people civilized. If I want to know if something is true, I check the evidence for it, not the effect it has on people.

Even if religion is better at making people civilized, it doesn't make it true. I don't care about what makes people civilized. If I want to know if something is true, I check the evidence for it, not the effect it has on people.

i am just opposite of you,

even if god does not exit, i will still tell people that god does exit so we can civilized human and so we can make computers

even if god does not exit, i will still tell people that god does exit so we can civilized human and so we can make computers

So you would tell a meaningless lie in your erroneous belief that there is a positive correlation between civilization and a fictitious god.

Sorry Syed, if you did not believe in your deity, I can almost guarantee you that you would not claim to believe because you would not see any benefit to doing so. Human civilization does not need a deity.

Syed: Good thing you don't get to decide this, isn't it? You are the one passing judgement upon others...not your god. If your god was real, he (it) wouldn't need your help.

So you would tell a meaningless lie in your erroneous belief that there is a positive correlation between civilization and a fictitious god.

Sorry Syed, if you did not believe in your deity, I can almost guarantee you that you would not claim to believe because you would not see any benefit to doing so. Human civilization does not need a deity.

can you as atheist makes those naked tribe wear cloths?

answer please dont just hit and run

I have answered this Syed.

I would not even try to make "those naked tribe wear cloths". Unlike you, I don't think what people wear makes them civilized. I do, however, think forcing other people to wear certain clothing to conform with one's own prejudices (or religious beliefs) makes one very uncivilized.

can you atheists make naked tribe to learn to read and write?

please answer yes or no and how?

Communists were great at forcing people to do all kinds of things. Atheists. But only you think they were civilized. I'm less convinced
i didn't say force those tribe to wear cloths

can YOU as atheist convince them to wear cloths? and how

what would you say to them?

I have answered this Syed.

I would not even try to make "those naked tribe wear cloths". Unlike you, I don't think what people wear makes them civilized. I do, however, think forcing other people to wear certain clothing to conform with one's own prejudices (or religious beliefs) makes one very uncivilized.
what is civilized world mean to you?

Back
Top Bottom