• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syed's Mega-Thread

atheism is worthless philosophy will not survived

It's not a philosophy.

there is no benefit in atheism, for instance if my life based on denying aliens dont exist, i again nothing from it

It saves you time. All that time you've spent studying Islam is saved. Time is money = win.

if i believe sky daddy exist and he want me to be good human

Just because you believe in God, still doesn't make God exist. God doesn't want anything. You want God to exist so you have an excuse to be good. Cut out the middle-man. You want to be good because of you. So just be good. Why waste time with the Quran?

WE ALL benefit from that EVEN that is a delusion

Unless there exists other beliefs in God and other versions of Islam = problem = not benefit.

atheism only offer is delusion like " we believe in science" "there will be no war if we all become atheists"

You've fundamentally misunderstood atheism. I'm an atheists and I've never said any of that.

in other hand religion civilized human

How?

Syed, if the only thing keeping you from behaving like animals (whatever that means) is your belief in this invisible friend, by all means keep believing.

Meanwhile I will continue to act civilized because I genuinely care about the people around me and desire that the world will be a better place for my having been here.
atheists have no foundation to be civil, you do what makes you feel good

Syed, if the only thing keeping you from behaving like animals (whatever that means) is your belief in this invisible friend, by all means keep believing.

Meanwhile I will continue to act civilized because I genuinely care about the people around me and desire that the world will be a better place for my having been here.

What do you mean? You also ONLY do what makes you feel good. Do you think you'd be a Muslim if it didn't make you feel good? Do you think anybody would stay a Muslim if it made them feel bad?

What do you mean? You also ONLY do what makes you feel good. Do you think you'd be a Muslim if it didn't make you feel good? Do you think anybody would stay a Muslim if it made them feel bad?

we believe sex only inside marriage, do you?

you believe that god does not exist, so it is based on beliefsystem NOT evidence

I don't believe that god (or any gods) exist, because there is no evidence. There is also no evidence for unicorns, so I don't believe in their existence either.

we believe that god created the universe NOW you have to disprove that

Why didn't your parents, teachers etc. just raise you to be a decent human being?
even if they did we still NEED cops on streets, dont we?

Well religion exists and we still need cops. Somehow I don't think your parents or your god did such a good job if you still need cops to keep you from a life of crime.

Oh and if you believe god created the universe then you have to prove that.

There's several problems with this statement.

1) Obviously you think this is good. Or you wouldn't have used it as an example. YOU think it's good. Not God. That's why you uphold it as a virtue. The fact that your holy book happens to agree with your own personal values is incidental. The important thing is that they are your personal values.

2) Why is only sex inside the marriage something good? I'd argue it's something bad. People should be encouraged some adventures in life. It is what makes us grow as humans. Even just encouraging people to refrain from sex (they otherwise could have had) I think is evil.

3) Not very long ago I had sex with a Muslim woman who I was not married to. It was casual sex and she had no plans on marrying me. So obviously not all Muslims believe in sex inside the marriage or think it's good. She clearly didn't agree.

Agriculture, not marriage, is the foundation of civilisation.

lol

family makes human civilized, if we human just fuck around without marriage, we would be like animals

Families have been around for hundreds of thousands of years. Civilisation has only been around for a few thousand. Without agriculture, civilisation would not have been viable, as humans would still be scrabbling around trying to find enough food for their families, living in small tribal units. Learn some history.

Oh, and by the way ... we are animals. You've already been told that, but your religious conditioning prevents you from accepting our true nature. Another way religion lies to us.

This atheist does, thanks. I made a promise to my wife, and I intend to keep it until one of us is dead.

even if they did we still NEED cops on streets, dont we?

Well religion exists and we still need cops. Somehow I don't think your parents or your god did such a good job if you still need cops to keep you from a life of crime.

<snip>.

Which is exactly the point. Part of the evil that religion does is the brainwashing that takes place. In order to survive religion must convince its adherents that it is necessary. One way it does so is by convincing them that without it humanity would look like the cast of a post-apocalyptic movie.

The evidence is exactly the opposite. The more religion controls a culture the more barbaric it tends to be. Savage beheadings are done by religious zealots, not by people in more secular (or religiously tolerant) societies. Sweeden, arguably one of the least religious societies on the planet, is having to close prisons because as they have grown more secular crime has plummeted. The evidence goes completely against the ilk of Syed and others who continue to parrot this nonsense, but that won't stop it from getting parroted.

Religion is powerful, I'll give it that much. But deception and power often go hand in hand.

What is marriage? It's only the official recognition by the state of a commitment made between two people to join their lives together. People made that commitment long before there was any state to approve it, and they'll keep doing it even if all states are destroyed for some reason. Religion has nothing to do with it, and in fact, some religions <cough> Islam! <cough> undermine it by allowing men to have more than one wife. You know, like animals?

and in fact, some religions <cough> Islam! <cough> undermine it by allowing men to have more than one wife. You know, like animals?

And if several wives were not enough, there is Shia Nikah mut'ah and Sunny Nikah misyar which are forms of religiously sanctioned prostitution....

Atheism isn't a philosophy, it is a single answer to a single question.

By definition, you need more than one belief in order to have something that constitutes a belief system.

I don't believe in fairies because no one has proved fairies. It doesn't matter if a fairy believer thinks my "philosophy" of not believing in fairies makes sense or not, if they want me to agree with them that fairies are real, they're going to have to offer valid proof of fairies.

I don't believe in Allah because you have not proved Allah. It doesn't matter if you think my "philosophy" of not believing in Allah makes sense or not, if you want me to agree with you that Allah is real, you're going to have to offer valid proof of Allah.

and in fact, some religions <cough> Islam! <cough> undermine it by allowing men to have more than one wife. You know, like animals?

And if several wives were not enough, there is Shia Nikah mut'ah and Sunny Nikah misyar which are forms of religiously sanctioned prostitution....

It's almost as if the teachings of Abrahamic religions leads to people not placing enough value on women.

Atheism never claimed to be a science nor a philosophy. It is - most simply - a lack of belief in deities. There is nothing to prove or disprove; nothing to feel good or bad about.
we claim deities created the universe NOW you have to disprove that

Cart before horse, you make claim positive, burden is your it is.

I don't believe that god (or any gods) exist, because there is no evidence. There is also no evidence for unicorns, so I don't believe in their existence either.

we believe that god created the universe NOW you have to disprove that

No, that's not how this works. You have to support your assertion that god created the universe. If you cannot, then I am under no obligation to agree with your assertion, let alone disprove it.

Back
Top Bottom