• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syria bombings.

You honestly believe that people who survived living under terrorists will complain about that? I suspect they will blame it on terrorists.
And what do you think Kerry is desperately trying to accomplish now?
Kerry is not going to be on the job that long so my guess is nothing besides rhetoric.
Why he is so desperate to stop it then?
But if you think people that have been living under constant bombing will blame the people who fight the ones bombing them, you are deluded. That has never happened happened before, and will not happen now.
Really? how about Nazi fucking Germany being bombed by US and to a lesser degree USSR?
And nazis were far from islamists in terms of terrorizing their own population.

Kerry is not going to be on the job that long so my guess is nothing besides rhetoric.
Staying the course until end of his post, and of course not to give Russia any freebies.
But if you think people that have been living under constant bombing will blame the people who fight the ones bombing them, you are deluded. That has never happened happened before, and will not happen now.
Really? how about Nazi fucking Germany being bombed by US and to a lesser degree USSR?
America built up what they bombed after the war. Besides too many of the civilians (especially those still remaining) are too sympathetic to the islamists to see anything they are doing as "terrorizing". Palestinians in Gaza for example suffer periodic bombings from Israel because of Hamas, but you don't see them thanking Israel for mowing the lawn.

Staying the course until end of his post,
Too desperate for a simple staying a course.
and of course not to give Russia any freebies.
That's closer, and has been US foreign policy forever it seems.
America built up what they bombed after the war. Besides too many of the civilians (especially those still remaining) are too sympathetic to the islamists to see anything they are doing as "terrorizing". Palestinians in Gaza for example suffer periodic bombings from Israel because of Hamas, but you don't see them thanking Israel for mowing the lawn.
How many is "too many"? You honestly believe Al-Qaida and Islamic State have/had significant support among population?
And even if they do, why do you care about them? Why don't you say to them "Fuck you, you deserve to be bombed to dust"

You honestly believe that people who survived living under terrorists will complain about that? I suspect they will blame it on terrorists.
Kerry is not going to be on the job that long so my guess is nothing besides rhetoric. But if you think people that have been living under constant bombing will blame the people who fight the ones bombing them, you are deluded. That has never happened happened before, and will not happen now.

It's only a smaller area of Allepo that is being bombed. Most of Allepo is operating relatively normally and will likely be thankful if it is "liberated" from terrorists or rebels.

Watch from about the 4.20 minute mark

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/I8mA0h7dCKI[/YOUTUBE]

Kerry is not going to be on the job that long so my guess is nothing besides rhetoric. But if you think people that have been living under constant bombing will blame the people who fight the ones bombing them, you are deluded. That has never happened happened before, and will not happen now.
I don't know what the news coverage is like in Finland but here in the US it is pretty much just a repeating of our government's position - in other words, propaganda.

You may try adding Al Jazeera news to your watch list. I find them to be much more objective in their reporting. Their on the ground reporting shows that reality is something quite different than your supposition.

Here's a link if you want to try them: http://www.aljazeera.com/live/#

I don't know what the news coverage is like in Finland but here in the US it is pretty much just a repeating of our government's position - in other words, propaganda.

You may try adding Al Jazeera news to your watch list. I find them to be much more objective in their reporting. Their on the ground reporting shows that reality is something quite different than your supposition.

Al Jazeera is one of the instigators of the Syrian civil war. It would be naive to think their reporting is in any way objective.

Al Jazeera is one of the instigators of the Syrian civil war. It would be naive to think their reporting is in any way objective.
Right...

Both Aleppo and Raqqa were taken over by Islamist insurgents. Both have the citizens being held as shields by these Islamists.

:rolleyes: The Syrians, Russians, and the US are pounding the shit out of the insurgents in Raqqa and this is a good thing because they are trying to free Raqqa of those Insurgents to protect and free the citizens there of the oppression. Only Syria and Russia are fighting in Aleppo against the citizens there and the US is trying to protect them from those nasty old Russians and Syrians. :rolleyes:

You are aware aren't you that the US armed the Islamists that overran Aleppo? The US wanted to overthrow Assad like they helped Islamists overthrow Qaddafi in Libya which left Libya an ISIS stronghold. This comes from other sources than Al Jazeera.

Have you ever actually watched Al Jazeera news? Their news does have a bias on some issues such as the Palestine/Israel problems (all news has bias) but in most of their coverage they are much, much more objective than US news outlets.

Last edited:
Right...

Both Aleppo and Raqqa were taken over by Islamist insurgents. Both have the citizens being held as shields by these Islamists.

:rolleyes: The Syrians, Russians, and the US are pounding the shit out of the insurgents in Raqqa and this is a good thing because they are trying to free Raqqa of those Insurgents to protect and free the citizens there of the oppression. Only Syria and Russia are fighting in Aleppo against the citizens there and the US is trying to protect them from those nasty old Russians and Syrians. :rolleyes:

You are aware aren't you that the US armed the Islamists that overran Aleppo. The US wanted to overthrow Assad like they helped Islamists overthrow Qaddafi in Libya which left Libya an ISIS stronghold. This comes from other sources than Al Jazeera.

Have you ever actually watched Al Jazeera news? Their news does have a bias on some issues such as the Palestine/Israel problems (all news has bias) but in most of their coverage they are much, much more objective than US news outlets.
The English Al Jazeera probably fits that description. But it is clear that they are slanted towards the insurgency in Syria. I remember that when this whole thing started, with various Syrian towns having protests (just coincidentally after friday prayers, no islamism at all here, no sir) they used to watch Al Jazeera to get them pumped up. It was the same story with the uprising in Egypt... that had nothing to do with "Twitter" or "Facebook" as Western media narritive would have us believe, but 24/7 propaganda barrage from outlets like Al Jazeera that got people agitated to support the islamists and go riot in the streets. It's not quite as bad as RT but there is a very clear agenda that Al Jazeera is promoting.

Just in case I woke up in a parallel universe, I did check Al Jazeera's website just now for their recent coverage in Syria, and it is very sympathetic to the rebels and a far cry from the narrative promoted by e.g. Russian and anti-Western sources that Wiley and barbos are parrotting. I wouldn't know about American media, from my time living there I can't recall there being much coverage of foreign events at all, and when there was, it was on the level of "did you know West Bank is actually East of Israel?" :rolleyes:

(And in general, I don't "watch" news that often, don't even own a tv anymore.)

It's only a smaller area of Allepo that is being bombed. Most of Allepo is operating relatively normally and will likely be thankful if it is "liberated" from terrorists or rebels.

Another gullible western journalist who got bamboozled by Russian propaganda. She went on a guided tour organized by the Syrian regime, and came back with bag full of stories about NATO and US funded terrorists, which is not all that surprising. As for Aleppo being divided, yes it's only the eastern parts that are/were controlled by the rebels and that are getting bombed. Most of the residents have left either to other parts of Syria or out of the country entirely, and those that remain are fighters and their families mostly. They will not welcome Assad's forces as liberators.

Staying the course until end of his post,
How many is "too many"? You honestly believe Al-Qaida and Islamic State have/had significant support among population?
And even if they do, why do you care about them? Why don't you say to them "Fuck you, you deserve to be bombed to dust"
The opposition certainly did have significant support. Al Qaeda and other extremist groups capitalized on it, and Assad and Russia have pretty much bombed everyone else to the ground already so at this point anyone still fighting is likely going to be a religious fanatic. But do their kids and families deserve to be bombed to dust as well?

Jayjay, are you OK? you seem to have multiple personality disorder. On time you call Al Jazeera instigator of that shit, then you call them good guys. Then you compare them to RT when in reality they are completely opposite as far as Syria concerned.

I asked you a question, why Kerry became so active? Could it be he realized that he is about to et his legacy turned into utter crap and that the only way to prevent it is to keep civil war going and to do that he has to keep Al-Qaida alive?

- - - Updated - - -

The opposition certainly did have significant support. Al Qaeda and other extremist groups capitalized on it, and Assad and Russia have pretty much bombed everyone else to the ground already so at this point anyone still fighting is likely going to be a religious fanatic. But do their kids and families deserve to be bombed to dust as well?
Bullshit, watch youtube was posted here.

Another gullible western journalist who got bamboozled by Russian propaganda. She went on a guided tour organized by the Syrian regime, and came back with bag full of stories about NATO and US funded terrorists, which is not all that surprising. As for Aleppo being divided, yes it's only the eastern parts that are/were controlled by the rebels and that are getting bombed. Most of the residents have left either to other parts of Syria
or out of the country entirely, and those that remain are fighters and their families mostly. They will not welcome Assad's forces as liberators.
You call her a liar? She did not live there and did not observe the situation herself?
Yeah, I don't recall RT saying anything she is saying, certainly not with that kind of details. So you can't blame RT.
If anybody is parroting anybody then it's other way around - RT parroting people like her. So deal with it.

You call her a liar? She did not live there and did not observe the situation herself?
Yeah, I don't recall RT saying anything she is saying, certainly not with that kind of details. So you can't blame RT.
If anybody is parroting anybody then it's other way around - RT parroting people like her. So deal with it.

There is no point trying to reason with Jayjay.

Jayjay, are you OK? you seem to have multiple personality disorder. On time you call Al Jazeera instigator of that shit, then you call them good guys. Then you compare them to RT when in reality they are completely opposite as far as Syria concerned.
World is a nuanced place. As for Al Jazeera, I didn't mean they have the same position as RT, just that they are both propaganda outlets.

I asked you a question, why Kerry became so active? Could it be he realized that he is about to et his legacy turned into utter crap and that the only way to prevent it is to keep civil war going and to do that he has to keep Al-Qaida alive?
How is Kerry more active than usual? Could it be that lots of stuff is happening so he needs to react and comment on current events, or is he actually doing anything about anything?

World is a nuanced place. As for Al Jazeera, I didn't mean they have the same position as RT, just that they are both propaganda outlets.
If Al Jazeera as you say is instigator of that shit then what's your problem with Assad?
How is Kerry more active than usual? Could it be that lots of stuff is happening so he needs to react and comment on current events, or is he actually doing anything about anything?
Kerry is more active, that's a fact which everyone (except you) noticed and reported

Another gullible western journalist who got bamboozled by Russian propaganda. She went on a guided tour organized by the Syrian regime, and came back with bag full of stories about NATO and US funded terrorists, which is not all that surprising. As for Aleppo being divided, yes it's only the eastern parts that are/were controlled by the rebels and that are getting bombed. Most of the residents have left either to other parts of Syria
or out of the country entirely, and those that remain are fighters and their families mostly. They will not welcome Assad's forces as liberators.
I'm not calling her a liar, just that she was fed only one side of the narrative. The trip she is referring to was 100% organized by Syria and Russia. This does not mean that everything she is saying or that she observed is a lie, only one-sided and carefully orchestrated, for example the people she was able to talk to were likely hand-picked by the regime. And she betrays her own bias pretty quickly in the interview when she starts ranting about "US and NATO" funded terrorists. I doubt she personally verified what supplies the insurgents have, and it would be a major scoop if NATO was somehow involved.

If Al Jazeera as you say is instigator of that shit then what's your problem with Assad?
Is it so hard to see that both sides of this conflict are bastards? Assad is a bloody dictator who has been oppressing the Sunnis for ages, and they had every reason to be pissed about it. But maybe had they not been influenced by foreign manipulators (Qatar, KSA, Turkey) they might not have bothered to do anything, or they could have had a bit more realistic view of the consequences.

Kerry is more active, that's a fact which everyone (except you) noticed and reported
Ok, so what did he do in particular? Be specific.

Fair play, if the West supported the legal Syrian Government and stopped financing the terrorists, Syria could get back to the contented place it was, and we could start looking into the nature of the regime in Saudi Arabia.

There is no point trying to reason with Jayjay.
If your idea of trying to reason with anyone is asking questions like "If Al Jazeera as you say is instigator of that shit then what's your problem with Assad?" or using videos from a whackjob website, then you are correct - there is no point in trying to "reason" with anyone.

I'm not calling her a liar, just that she was fed only one side of the narrative. The trip she is referring to was 100% organized by Syria and Russia. This does not mean that everything she is saying or that she observed is a lie, only one-sided and carefully orchestrated, for example the people she was able to talk to were likely hand-picked by the regime. And she betrays her own bias pretty quickly in the interview when she starts ranting about "US and NATO" funded terrorists. I doubt she personally verified what supplies the insurgents have, and it would be a major scoop if NATO was somehow involved.
Right, she should have her next trip organized by ISIS and State Department.

Back
Top Bottom