• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Syria, Turks, and Kurds

Notice the bold, Keith. I'm not saying it is a right thing to do, but without the U.S. doing that, you leftists would be the first ones complaining there's a gas shortage, it costs so much, and why we can't just get more gas.
Yeah, another episode of 'What If?' in Half-Life world.
Trump dodged the draft by using privilege not available to the men who went and died in 'Nam.
Now he's shaking a Warhammer he didn't help forge, bragging about military might he did nothing to create.

Fuck him with Mjolnir's bloody haft.
The average lifestyle in the U.S. would have to be adjusted and people would be LIVID!
Okay. So we would change our dependence on foreign oil.
Can we shift to ecologically cleaner forms of energy as we do that? Because that'd be cool with the Left.

Sounds like a win-win, really.

In any case, I bet there are plenty of bigots in all of these places. Not sure what point you are trying to make.
He whines that the rest of the world is composed of ethnostates, but when the White Man wants to change America to one, the Left won't let them.

Hypocrisy at its finest, Keith. How can you not see that?
How can i not agree with your racist fantasies?

Gosh, durr. I dunno.

The only way it works is if leftists talk about the Islamic ethnostates with the same hatred and vitriol as they do white ethnostates and Israel.
Have you got any actual cite for the position the majority of Liberals take on Islamic states? Not youtube comments, any actual studies that support your constant jabbering on this?
Notice you guys also ignored Amish and Native Americans. Why are those OK?
Because they're not actual 'states,' maybe? There is no Amish reservation, just communities that exist within actual states. You can drive on those roads, buy houses across the field from an Amish barn if you want.
They're still subject to state laws like the rest of the citizens.

The NA reservations have a degree fo autonomy, but they're still answer to the federal government.

They're not the bugbears you're pretending they are.

I joined the US military, not the Kurdish military. I didn't say join the US military.

I don't want one set of allies to murder another set of allies, but that doesn't mean I think it is the job of the US military to stop it. You aren't willing to do anything personally to stop it in spite of your insistence that this is a high priority.

This is real simple. It's like the US and the declaration of independence and France as an ally. Should the French have cried, "no I can't help them because we want to spend money on other wars," or should the French have helped Americans with their right to self-defense and self-determination.

The French supported the US for pragmatic instead of idealistic reasons. They had a personal interest in supporting the US.

If you aren't for Americans supporting Kurdish independence, then you are making hypocritical arguments because clearly you support French helping American independence.

Or, perhaps, just maybe, I recognize that France helped the US for reasons of benefit to France. You "support" the Kurds for "idealistic" reasons.

The French had both a personal interest and believed in it ideologically.

But what's wrong with being idealist about it so long as we can afford it? Nothing.

You vote for the Libertarian Party candidate all the time, and that's not realistic at all.

Good news for Libertarians! Vermin Supreme is running this year for president on the Libertarian Party ticket. Finally, a Libertarian candidate we can look up to.

Hypocrisy at its finest, Keith. How can you not see that?

Gosh, durr. I dunno.

The only way it works is if leftists talk about the Islamic ethnostates with the same hatred and vitriol as they do white ethnostates and Israel.
Have you got any actual cite for the position the majority of Liberals take on Islamic states? Not youtube comments, any actual studies that support your constant jabbering on this?
Because they're not actual 'states,' maybe? There is no Amish reservation, just communities that exist within actual states. You can drive on those roads, buy houses across the field from an Amish barn if you want.

The NA reservations have a degree fo autonomy, but they're still answer to the federal government.

So if white people decided they want to establish a "white community" within states, then that would be perfectly OK, Keith? Not racist or bigoted in any way?

It seems we are making progress, Keith.....unless you claim this IS racist.

Gosh, durr. I dunno.

So if white people decided they want to establish a "white community" within states, then that would be perfectly OK, Keith? Not racist or bigoted in any way?

Gosh, the cow has wandered a good distance from the farm.

Gosh, durr. I dunno.

Sure. If a bigger, tougher, better armed society invades, and sets aside 'white people' reservations, takes away their children to teach them the superior ethnicty/religion/language, and doesn't give them the vote for a while, that would be no more racist than an Indizn Reservation.
But instead of blankerrs, we're going to need sets of golf clubs.
The way you want to do it? Of course it's racist. You don't want a community by religion, nationality, language, just race based.
How is that possibly anything but racist?

President Ellipsis said:
We defeated 100% of the ISIS Caliphate and no longer have any troops in the area under attack by Turkey, in Syria. We did our job perfectly! Now Turkey is attacking the Kurds, who have been fighting each other for 200 years....

....We have one of three choices: Send in thousands of troops and win Militarily, hit Turkey very hard Financially and with Sanctions, or mediate a deal between Turkey and the Kurds!
Odd because there apparently were two other choices.

4) Status Quo. Our small number of forces that has been keeping the peace without firing a bullet remain in place and there is no Syrian or Turkish incursion

Of course, Trump went with the last option.

5) Sell out the Kurds, pussy out, withdraw our troops and feign useless sanctions for murdering Kurds.

Options 3 and 4 probably had some compatibility... kind of like how we had the Kurds back up from the Turkish border. Sad that Trump decided to puss out.

Gosh, durr. I dunno.

Um, that's pretty much *exactly what the Amish are doing*.

Gosh, durr. I dunno.

Um, that's pretty much *exactly what the Amish are doing*.

Then take the leaders and put them at a table with each other, don't put our troops in between them.

You realize that right now, Turkey is pummeling the Kurds, don't you? If not, maybe turn on your TV, or consult a non-right-wing news source. We very much do need to put our troops between them while we bring them to the table.

What happened to, "Let countries do whatever they want! Bring our military home!"

This is like a bizarro world. The right is advocating for the troops to come home and the left is screaming for them to stay.

Strange times we live in, indeed.

No they don't. The Neocons hate that Trump is pulling troops away, and find common cause with Democrats who hate Trump no matter what he does. Had he left the troops there he'd be hated by only one of those two groups.

Then take the leaders and put them at a table with each other, don't put our troops in between them.

You realize that right now, Turkey is pummeling the Kurds, don't you?

The US government is charged with the task of protecting and defending the US people. Which side in that conflict is the US people?

The one where if we stand by our allies, we get to keep other allies.
If we abandon allies to slaughter, it makes it harder to keep other allies.
Also makes it more dangerous for Americans traveling abroad for diplomacy, business, or pleasure.

I joined the US military, not the Kurdish military. I didn't say join the US military.

I don't want one set of allies to murder another set of allies, but that doesn't mean I think it is the job of the US military to stop it. You aren't willing to do anything personally to stop it in spite of your insistence that this is a high priority.

The French supported the US for pragmatic instead of idealistic reasons. They had a personal interest in supporting the US.

If you aren't for Americans supporting Kurdish independence, then you are making hypocritical arguments because clearly you support French helping American independence.

Or, perhaps, just maybe, I recognize that France helped the US for reasons of benefit to France. You "support" the Kurds for "idealistic" reasons.

But what's wrong with being idealist about it so long as we can afford it? Nothing.

You vote for the Libertarian Party candidate all the time, and that's not realistic at all.

Good news for Libertarians! Vermin Supreme is running this year for president on the Libertarian Party ticket. Finally, a Libertarian candidate we can look up to.

I can't wait for the Libertarian convention. More laughs than a Comedy Central roast.

I can't wait for the Libertarian convention. More laughs than a Comedy Central roast.

Not that many laughs since virtually no people. 2 candidates and 3 audience members.

Candidate#1: wears a boot on his head
Candidate#2: a nudist

Two of three audience members clap. The third doesn't because he was forced into being there.

Ok, so CNN employed the grand daughter of the last Kurdish Prime Minister of Syria to smell sarin residue in Syria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arwa_Damon

This is some high level stuff going on. But we are an empire and they do heavy stuff.

I am not surprised by anything.

As far as I know, that is the first time that cry has been uttered on this board,
so I'm pretty sure what happened is that it was just made up from whole cloth. On the other hand, I served in the military in the '80s, and am now in my '50s, when did you serve?

Do you think leftists are running to the Kurds today to help? Or are they all chickenhawks who run their mouths but now can't put their money where their mouth is?

I knew you wouldn't get it the first time, I even prefaced that post with it, but what the hell, here goes again. There would be no fighting between Turkey and the Kurds if we had not pulled our troops out, so my position is one where no one should have to be running to the Kurds today to help out. But if anyone should, it would be the assholes who support Don The Con and his reckless disregard for our allies.

You're being very obtuse if you don't know that whenever we go to war leftists always say, "You gonna go first, chickenhawk?"

I'm a "leftist", I served my country in the military in the '80s, when did you serve?

Keith makes fun of Trump for saying he had bone spurs!

I suppose if Trump had used the Muhammad Ali excuse to not fight, then nobody would make fun of Trump?

Ali stood up for something he believed in, and he paid a price for it. Trump didn't stand up, and he didn't pay a price, he cheated and avoided all consequences, like he has done his entire life.

Regardless, you still don't get it, so let me lay it down for you again. No one would be fighting in northeastern Syria currently if our troops had remained there. We may have saved a few dollars by pulling our troops out, but the Kurds are paying that price in blood.

You realize that right now, Turkey is pummeling the Kurds, don't you?

The US government is charged with the task of protecting and defending the US people. Which side in that conflict is the US people?

The US government is supposed to represent the will of the people. If it is the will of the people that the US government help protect other people as well, then that is what the US government is charged with.

On the other hand, I served in the military in the '80s, and am now in my '50s, when did you serve?
He hasn't. It took quite a while to get him to admit it, but the answer is zip.

Thanks, but I am aware that he did not serve. That is exactly why I ask him that question every time he brings up serving in the military in an attempt to attack "the left".

On the other hand, I served in the military in the '80s, and am now in my '50s, when did you serve?
He hasn't. It took quite a while to get him to admit it, but the answer is zip.

Thanks, but I am aware that he did not serve. That is exactly why I ask him that question every time he brings up serving in the military in an attempt to attack "the left".
Ah.
I didn't realize.
Carry on.

(BTW, he didn't serve.)

You're being very obtuse if you don't know that whenever we go to war leftists always say, "You gonna go first, chickenhawk?"

I'm a "leftist", I served my country in the military in the '80s, when did you serve?

Keith makes fun of Trump for saying he had bone spurs!

I suppose if Trump had used the Muhammad Ali excuse to not fight, then nobody would make fun of Trump?

Ali stood up for something he believed in, and he paid a price for it. Trump didn't stand up, and he didn't pay a price, he cheated and avoided all consequences, like he has done his entire life.

Regardless, you still don't get it, so let me lay it down for you again. No one would be fighting in northeastern Syria currently if our troops had remained there. We may have saved a few dollars by pulling our troops out, but the Kurds are paying that price in blood.

Both my older brothers served in Vietnam. One as a medical corpsman in marine unit where he took a bullet in his leg. He has since served several tours in combat in both gulf wars and finally retired a couple years ago. Both are solid leftists.

Back
Top Bottom