• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Tell Us Something No One Knows About You

I don't shave my ears, but I do pluck them. Regularly. I firmly believe that if we were able to figure out what makes the growth of old guy ear hairs so robust, we'd be not too far off from discovering the secret to immortality.

I once worked in the Tax Office. I haven't told anyone because I'm allergic to getting punched in the face. I also think some of Justin Bieber's songs are catchy. I'm never going to decide which deep dark secret I'd prefer to keep of the two.

I once worked in the Tax Office. I haven't told anyone because I'm allergic to getting punched in the face. I also think some of Justin Bieber's songs are catchy. I'm never going to decide which deep dark secret I'd prefer to keep of the two.
Liking Justin B is the darker secret

I was a solid 7¾ in handsomeness, but too shy and too clueless to follow up when women showed an interest in me.

I was a solid 11 on a ten scale until I got shot in the ear, taking a bullet for my country.
Oh, OK it was a tree branch - but it did the same thing.
Seriously I wanted to be 6’4” and 230lbs ripped, with Robert Redford looks and a bank account to match.
As it worked out, the real impediment to “getting” the attentions of the hottest women, turned out to be other things. Eventually I realized that the hottest women ALL have problems due to being exceptionally hot, and found that when offered the chance to help them deal with those problems, they suddenly didn’t look so hot.
When I found one who really wanted to be with me more she wanted to vex about the possibility that someone might be even hotter than she was, well … I married her.

I've had cosmetic surgery.

When I was 13 I had my ears pinned back.

As a boy I had very big ears that stuck out a long way. Children had teased me about it for years, and in my first year of high-school kids referred to me as "Nim-nim", as in the sound of a satellite signal. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad, but I was also bullied for being shy and liking books, and was afraid to stand up for myself.

This was my second high school, and my parents were ready to move me to a private school after I started skipping school and failing every subject, but I didn't want to move because I was convinced that I would be terrorised no matter where they sent me. However they agreed to help me fix my ears.

In the summer holidays between Year 8 and 9 I had the surgery. It went pretty well, although my ears now had a slightly unnatural shape and didn't really bend like ears normally do.

When I came back to school in Year 9, everyone immediately noticed. They then noticed another quirk about my head: my head is unusually large* and long in the front-back direction, so they started making fun of me for that instead. I left the school after Term 1 and started at a private school like my parents had wanted. I was never bullied again.

* Hats labelled "one size fits all" do not, in fact, fit all.

I was a solid 7¾ in handsomeness, but too shy and too clueless to follow up when women showed an interest in me.

According to Hot or Not I was a 7, so I guess the surgery was a good long-term investment.

In adulthood I had an awful time with motorcycle helmets. I could never find a good fit - no manufacturer makes helmets for my weird skull shape - and my ears are so stiff that it's incredibly uncomfortable to put a helmet on.

I've had cosmetic surgery.

When I was 13 I had my ears pinned back.

As a boy I had very big ears that stuck out a long way. Children had teased me about it for years, and in my first year of high-school kids referred to me as "Nim-nim", as in the sound of a satellite signal. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad, but I was also bullied for being shy and liking books, and was afraid to stand up for myself.

This was my second high school, and my parents were ready to move me to a private school after I started skipping school and failing every subject, but I didn't want to move because I was convinced that I would be terrorised no matter where they sent me. However they agreed to help me fix my ears.

In the summer holidays between Year 8 and 9 I had the surgery. It went pretty well, although my ears now had a slightly unnatural shape and didn't really bend like ears normally do.

When I came back to school in Year 9, everyone immediately noticed. They then noticed another quirk about my head: my head is unusually large* and long in the front-back direction, so they started making fun of me for that instead. I left the school after Term 1 and started at a private school like my parents had wanted. I was never bullied again.

* Hats labelled "one size fits all" do not, in fact, fit all.

My sister had this done at a very young age. She must have been seven or eight years old at the time. She too had the surgery done during summer. I remember the thick bandaging around her head and her quietly crying due to how hot and uncomfortable she was. It must have been some of the hottest days of summer.

Back
Top Bottom