• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Conclusive Reason?

Saeed will be back. I know the conclusive reason why some one will believe in God - arrested development.
(Thanks, AthenaAwakened. Took the reason from your topic)

Honestly, I can't believe they still play the game of shifting the burden of proof.

If the burden of proof works the way they want, then we would all be forced to accept all non-falsifiable claims as true, which includes existence claims of all of those 8000+ other gods and any crazy thing I make up on the spot. Of course, once you mention that, they will immediately insist that the logic of their argument only applies to one particular conclusion and becomes invalid when applied to any other conclusion.

What is the conclusive (fateful) reason, for, disbelief in the creator of the universe and, how?

Saeed H H Alyousuf

Which creator? The story you were taught or the other story millions of others were taught to believe?

If there is a creator whose presence can be felt, then the story doesn't matter, and belief doesn't matter.

People like you seem to exist for the purpose of showing that religion is poisonous to human minds. You feel no presence, you're just infected by cancerous ideology.

What is the conclusive (fateful) reason, for, disbelief in the creator of the universe and, how?

Saeed H H Alyousuf

Which creator? The story you were taught or the other story millions of others were taught to believe?

If there is a creator whose presence can be felt, then the story doesn't matter, and belief doesn't matter.

People like you seem to exist for the purpose of showing that religion is poisonous to human minds. You feel no presence, you're just infected by cancerous ideology.

Exactly.
What is the conclusive reason for Saeed's disbelief in Quetzalcoatl?
Not like he's been asked this before....

Exactly.

Or any of the 8000+ other gods. He does not seem to understand that all of the other gods are just as non-falsifiable as his god, which is why Syed has the burden of proof of his existence claim.

Exactly.

Or any of the 8000+ other gods. He does not seem to understand that all of the other gods are just as non-falsifiable as his god, which is why Syed has the burden of proof of his existence claim.
You just love sin and want to live in defiance of your 8,000+ lord and saviors.

You just love sin and want to live in defiance of your 8,000+ lord and saviors.

There is a skull-juggling psychic were-walrus who lives on Pluto and sent me psychic messages letting me know the 8000+ gods are not real. I know this for a fact because you can't prove me wrong!!!!! ;)

Proper attribution: the notion of a skull-juggling psychic were-walrus on Pluto as a means of discussing burden of proof comes from QualiaSoup.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KayBys8gaJY[/YOUTUBE]

What is the conclusive (fateful) reason ...

How is it possible he has been posting to this board for 10 years, yet still does not know how to write english correctly?

The words "conclusive" and (fateful) DO NOT GO TOGETHER.

It is not valid english.

Saeed's "question"/claim does not make sense, because it is not correct english.

I keep coming back to the question of what conclusive reason do people have for not believing in the invisible pink spotted squirrel that lives in a tree in my back yard and has a fool proof plan for your lives.
Clearly invisible colour presents a logical conundrum, so the squirrel is suspect.
Had said rodent appeared and spoken to you from a burning oak, on the other hand, we would all have to acknowledge Him and accede to His plan.

If the burden of proof works the way they want, then we would all be forced to accept all non-falsifiable claims as true, which includes existence claims of all of those 8000+ other gods and any crazy thing I make up on the spot.
Excellent point, Underseer.
Of course, once you mention that, they will immediately insist that the logic of their argument only applies to one particular conclusion and becomes invalid when applied to any other conclusion.
Hmmm... A sort of theological observer effect, eh? a quantum collapse to a single deity for any given observer?

Clearly invisible colour presents a logical conundrum

Not if you have the squirrel's understanding of advanced chromodynamics, and sub-space field fluctuations, combined with the chemistry of hypergolic garlic.

OK, I can't keep a straight face any more....wait a minute. ;)

OK, I've been trying to stay out of this, but I can't keep it up anymore.

All y'all do know that it's an invisible chipmunk and not an invisible squirrel, right? An invisible squirrel doesn't make any fucking sense at all. :confused:

Clearly invisible colour presents a logical conundrum

Not if you have the squirrel's understanding of advanced chromodynamics, and sub-space field fluctuations, combined with the chemistry of hypergolic garlic.
The problem I have with is that we already know the tree is pink with polka dots, so I really don't see the need for advanced camouflage. I'm not denying that what you're saying is true, I just find it hard to believe.

Do you have any evidence that the reason you cannot see the pink polka dotted squirrel is anything other than the fact that it lives in a pink polka dotted tree?

The problem I have with is that we already know the tree is pink with polka dots, so I really don't see the need for advanced camouflage. I'm not denying that what you're saying is true, I just find it hard to believe.

Do you have any evidence that the reason you cannot see the pink polka dotted squirrel is anything other than the fact that it lives in a pink polka dotted tree?

You don't know where consciousness came from, therefore the invisible pink polka-dotted squirrel is real. QEDuh. ;)

Saeed H H Alyousuf

You have the question backwards. If you believe it is you who must provide reasons and evidence that are conclusive.

We see no evidence.

A child may be fearful of monsters in the dark. Adults know this fear is unreasonable.

Saeed H H Alyousuf

You have the question backwards. If you believe it is you who must provide reasons and evidence that are conclusive.

We see no evidence.

A child may be fearful of monsters in the dark. Adults know this fear is unreasonable.

But you cannot conclusively prove that there aren't monsters in the dark, therefore all children are correct when they say that they see monsters in the dark. :cheeky:

Back
Top Bottom