• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The dangers of exaggerating the evils of Islam

And Allah will still be imaginary.

my final thought on western civilization

western civilization built by believer in god ( christians )

christian's family value produced great scientists in christendom and gave rise to modern technology and economic of today

but today MAJORITY of people in christendom are atheists who seek self pleasure and have NO family value and will NOT sacrifice self-pleasure over their own children education

the western MONOPOLY on science and technology will be OVER in next 50 years

the EAST will rise AGAIN

and of course muslims will rise again

Allah spoke to me. He said "Tell Syed that if he won't listen to me, I'll tell you, infidel, and you can tell him on your magic box of words. Tell Syed to shut up and get off the internet. Tell Syed also that nothing in religion must be taken literally and that Syed is an detriment to whatever bits of goodness might be found in Islam as long as he continues speaking either with his mouth or his keyboard."

I wouldn't fool around with this guy, Syed. You should obey.

We can only hope.

Ooops. Got that one wrong.

christian's family value produced great scientists in christendom and gave rise to modern technology and economic of today

The couldn't have done it without the help of the towelheads...

but today MAJORITY of people in christendom are atheists who seek self pleasure and have NO family value and will NOT sacrifice self-pleasure over their own children education

Actually you're talking about those scientists you referred to previously.

Don't hold your breath. Wait - on second thought, please do.

the EAST will rise AGAIN

Geologically perhaps - the Indian continental plate is getting smooshed up against the Eurasian one...
But the camel-jockey contingent will never rise at all,as long as they keep entertaining despotic Kings and Sultans until their oil runs out. Then what? The market for sand is pretty weak, and after centuries of denying most of their people education and subjecting them to silly islamic superstitions to keep them oppressed, they're not equipped for anything else. Maybe they should take all those AK47s that Uncle Vlad is giving them, and actually depose some of those despots.

From the dead? Sorry - fundy christians already have a corner on that silly notion. :D

Perhaps you would be better able to argue your position had you come from a 'broken home' with parents who are atheists?

Well, his personal experiences wouldn't really be particularly relevant. He's talking about statistical correlations between certain lifestyle factors and educational achievement, so it's the results amongst groups as a whole which matter, not individual cases within those groups that may or may not reflect the trend amongst the majority.

All the data he's talking about is publically available, so he can easily show the lowered educational outcomes in people who's upbringing includes a number of those lifestyles. We don't need to get snitty about it, we just need to sit back until he posts links to the relevant data (which he is no doubt linking to as we speak) and then we politely apologize for doubting him and join him in his position on this matter.

i salute you man for your honesty, you ALWAYS seem reasonable and honest

And Allah will still be imaginary.

even so, ONLY religions can built human civilization

god hates atheists not because you rejected god but atheists cant built human civilization

Last edited:
god hates atheists
Stop and think, Syed.
I don't believe any gods exist. Not yours, not his, not theirs, point to any believer, i do not believe in the object(s) of their fixations.

So, the threat that one of them hates me?
That's about as effective as telling my laptop that it violates one of Asimov's three Laws of Robotics.
Or that the Lorax will be disappointed if i cut down the tree that's leaning over my garage right now.

That's about as effective as telling my laptop that it violates one of Asimov's three Laws of Robotics.

Mine violates all three.

1) It gives me a headache, and never takes action to prevent this from happening;
2) It almost never obeys my instructions
and
3) By violating the first and second laws, it constantly puts itself at significant risk of severe trauma.

I'm pretty sure western civilisation is built on science and the rejection of God. My evidence is that all our modern wealth stems from science. Science and Christianity hasn't always gotten along. The Christian churches unwillingness to accept the power of science has led to the weakening of the church.

I agree that seeking self-pleasure is a pretty empty goal in life. But I suspect a lot of atheists have also figured that out. What is your argument for that atheists can't understand this just as well as theists? And what is your evidence?

How are Christians atheists? What do you mean by "Christendom"?

the EAST will rise AGAIN

Of course the East will. But that isn't evidence of western failure. That's just evidence that the fruits of the scientific method has spread even to the East. The rise of science and modern industry was born in Europe. Not because of religion or the lack of it. But simply because of a combination of geography (coal mines close to the sea in England) and a political situation preventing an elite from stopping it.

And of course Muslims will rise again. But not because of Islam. But because of scientific literacy. But that will require that Muslims get out of the way of progress. I think they will. But for the East to rise again they will have to abandon Islam as a dominant social force. Or they'll stay poor. But I think they will.

Last edited:
Islam is often accused of all manner of things that aren't really intrinsic to Islam. I don't think Trump style vilification of Islam is really helping. It's not making the world a better place.
{snip}
Anyhoo...

Not sure where I'm going with this or what response I expected. Just thought I'd rant a bit.

It goes where you always take things when you are on the topic of teh islam. i.e. "It's not so bad".

DrZoidberg
I'm pretty sure western civilisation is built on science and the rejection of God.

do you mean atheists built western civilization?

DrZoidberg
I'm pretty sure western civilisation is built on science and the rejection of God.

Well, it was many things. But no, atheism is a result of science. Science is perhaps the most important aspect. The religious authorities saw science as a threat. But it was clear to everybody what a source for good and progress lay in science, so the clerical warnings rang hollow. So people increasingly became atheists.

This wouldn't have happened if the religious leaders would have got out of sciences way and adapted their religions to fit.

I'd argue that Christianity is today destroyed. What little exists of it is a kind of smorgasbord remnant catering to their believers notions and whims like fast food restaurants. Willing to say any bullshit to keep members. It is no longer an instrument of social control. Christianity is still dying.

The same will happen to Islam unless they wake up in time before science destroys that to.

It's also unnecessary. There doesn't have to be a conflict between faith and science. But as long as Muslims cling to idiot notions like creationism it will share the fate of Christianity.

Well, it was many things. But no, atheism is a result of science.

let me tell you, science dont create civilization, people create civilization, religious moral teaching UNITED all people under one moral code and that moral code create civil society and civil society built school, college, university and hospitals

atheism is a result of science.

no, atheism is a result of rebellious mentality who dont like authority figure like god

god hate atheists because atheism cant civilize human

''no, atheism is a result of rebellious mentality who dont like authority figure like god''

I have never met an authority figure like 'god'

trust me atheists dont like any authority even their parents

atheists like to do what ever makes them feel good

atheists philosophy '' if its feel good just do it '' there is no authority over us

YOU'RE NOT MY AUTHORITY, SYED!!!

I have never met an authority figure like 'god'

atheists philosophy '' if its feel good just do it '' there is no authority over us

There's no authority over YOU, either, Syed. Thinking that anyone but YOU is your moral authority is the same as throwing your own conscience out the window.

There's no authority over YOU, either, Syed. Thinking that anyone but YOU is your moral authority is the same as throwing your own conscience out the window.

i do have authority over me, my authority is my god, my parents, my family, my community, my government , my boss

for atheists NO authority over you, you do what you like, you served yourselves

Back
Top Bottom