• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Deplorables are fighting back

"We are the knights in white shining armor working with the trade unions as we conspire to ship out American jobs to China with the world trade organization!"

I don't know who you're quoting here but it's, "knights in shining armor" or "knights in white satin". Pick one. I'd go with The Moody Blues but that's just me.
Knights in White Satin is a 1976 album composed, produced and performed by Giorgio Moroder.

The Moody Blues song is Nights in White Satin.
View attachment 45469
Don't feel bad. I made a mix tape back in the '80's and I labeled that Moody Blues song, "Knights in White Satin". My roommate laughed his ass off when he saw that. I was reknowned as being fairly ignorant and inexperienced with all things ladies & romance, and that sure didn't help any.
What were the knights in white sitting-in to protest against? ;)

"We are the knights in white shining armor working with the trade unions as we conspire to ship out American jobs to China with the world trade organization!"

I don't know who you're quoting here but it's, "knights in shining armor" or "knights in white satin". Pick one. I'd go with The Moody Blues but that's just me.
Knights in White Satin is a 1976 album composed, produced and performed by Giorgio Moroder.

The Moody Blues song is Nights in White Satin.
View attachment 45469
Don't feel bad. I made a mix tape back in the '80's and I labeled that Moody Blues song, "Knights in White Satin". My roommate laughed his ass off when he saw that. I was reknowned as being fairly ignorant and inexperienced with all things ladies & romance, and that sure didn't help any.
What were the knights in white sitting-in to protest against? ;)
Washing machines. Maytag washing machines.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, but I just find it hilarious that RV has this notion that the "radical left" has destroyed our precious Maytag laundry appliances, and that's why the country is in decline. I don't know about y'all, but just about 25 years ago I bought a washer/dryer pair that weren't even full Maytag...they were the "Performa by Maytag" lowest-tier machines. The washer conked out 3 or 4 years ago (I replaced it with a Maytag) and the dryer is still going strong.

All of Washington is corrupt with little very difference between the parties.

Your attempt to "both sides" this fails miserably. Let me know when Democrats orchestrate a coup or compromise foreign policy to appease a dictator. Or actively collaborate with a foreign agent to smear a political opponent.

Oh, wait. You can't? Didn't think so.

Getting back to these rambunctious deplorables...has anything materialized? I haven't seen any news flashes about a massive trucker boycott on NYC.

All of Washington is corrupt with little very difference between the parties.

Your attempt to "both sides" this fails miserably. Let me know when Democrats orchestrate a coup or compromise foreign policy to appease a dictator. Or actively collaborate with a foreign agent to smear a political opponent.

Oh, wait. You can't? Didn't think so.
I would have thought the Steele dossier would have got a guernsey.

]
Huh?

Guernsey
1. One of the Channel Islands.
2. The football club based on Guernsey.
3. 60, 000 people clinging to a rock...
4. A breed of cow, white with toffee-coloured splodges.
5. A type of knitted pullover.

]
Huh?

Guernsey
2&5. They covered this once before. You get the pullover but didn’t get to play. Or something like that.

]
Huh?

Guernsey
We did indeed cover this bit of Aussie slang before...
Please give us Yanks the etymology of guernsey.
It's fairly complicated. Both Jersey and Gurnsey (the two largest of the Channel Islands) were famous for their lightweight woollens, originally made to keep the crews of their fishing fleets warm and dry. There was considerable rivalry between the islands over who made the better and finer knitwear.

Back in the days before artificial fibres, these light-weight knitted shirts were particularly prized for sporting apparel, and a team shirt became known as a "Jersey" in England, and as a "Gurnsey" in Ireland. They both brought their teminology to Australia, where (particularly in Victoria, where a version of Gaelic Football became Australian Rules Football), being selected for your local football team was referred to as "getting a Gurnsey".

That phrase has broadened in scope to mean being selected for almost any position, but particularly one that entails joining a group endeavour.

In this case, @Tigers! is expressing surprise that neither Obama was given a place in the cast of the movie. He wasn't expecting them to be granted ownership of any of the Channel Islands.

Sure the donor class is also above the peasants, but not as much above as the political class.
That's not how I see it.
The donor class are people who don't bother with the expense and scrutiny that comes with running for office. Why bother, when you can just buy a few politicians?
Tom
What cracks me up is that 'ole Jason is making excuses. "Yeah, the donor class rents politicians and buys judges, but they ain't so bad as...the politicians and judges! They're just working the system for their own benefit and screwing over everyone else...and what's so wrong with that?"
What cracks me up is the excuses the left liberals make when they say "Our party is not corrupt but YOURS is!! Vote for us because we are less corrupt then they are!" "We are the knights in white shining armor working with the trade unions as we conspire to ship out American jobs to China with the world trade organization!" "Globalization is great! Look at all the cheap crap from China you bought and saved money on.....wash machines and refrigerators that only run 3-4 years before they get thrown into the landfills. Putting Maytag Washers that used to have a lifespan of 20+ years out of business was great for America wasn't it!!" "Kudo's for Obama and his TPP, screw Trump and his tariffs!!!"

All of Washington is corrupt with little very difference between the parties. And I think that most of America knows this too but is at this point helpless as what to do about it. They'll try anything at this point even if the choice is a divisive ego maniac who talks like a 4th grader.
You're committing the opposite sin--thinking that because both are corrupt that they are equally corrupt.

And note that things like appliances not lasting is not a matter of China, but a matter of short run economics. In the short run a company will prosper by cutting quality. Managers get judged on this short run--of course quality gets cut. The extra profits are easy to see. The damage to the company's reputation is much harder to measure. What gets selected for??

So when I write that the political class is the top class, and the donor class is below them but above the regular people, some that is twisted into support of Trump.

There are "donors" and there are "DONORS." The "Deplorables" who buy seventeen MAGA hats for $7 each may be donors, but they're not DONORS.

Charles Koch is a DONOR. Do you think he is inferior to Ted Cruz and Moscow Mitch McConnell? Or are they working for him?

Many Trumplickers view Trump as a sort of superhero who clears the swamp of "bad" DONORS, etc. To the extent that you place the "political class" (whatever that means) on top of the "donor class" (whatever you think that means) it is natural to question your viewpoint. One solution is to assume you've bought into some of the Trumpist propaganda. I don't think you have, but if not, how does your peculiar viewpoint arise?

Small fry donating $7 aren't part of the Donor Class, they're part of the Peasant Class. I know what I wrote, and so do you, so there's no point in pretending otherwise.

You people have a sever case of TDS.

Oh my. Is this what rational-thinkers must put up with? Rational discussion of political issues gets branded as TDS?

If you can twist my statements about the Donor Class into somehow supporting Trump, that's not rational discussion.

Back
Top Bottom