• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The DNC is the problem. Or is it?

M4A is zero out of pocket UHC. It literally means free at the point of service, no copays, no premiums, no deductibles.

Hang on. You think Medicare is zero out of pocket?
As someone who manages medicare (and now medicaid) healthcare for someone as their legal proxy - I think you are perhaps ignorant of Medicare?

Bernie's plan is zero at the point of service. That's he's still calling it Medicare is a feature, not a bug.

Don;'t get me wrong - I **LIKE** $0@POS, but it's not what medicare is.
I get that it's easy for Bernie to say that to make a nifty slogan and have people not notice that he needs to write a new plan, but he does need to write a new plan if he wants to give us what we want - $0@POS

Bernie's plan is zero at the point of service. That's he's still calling it Medicare is a feature, not a bug.

I get that it's easy for Bernie to say that to make a nifty slogan and have people not notice that he needs to write a new plan, but he does need to write a new plan if he wants to give us what we want - $0@POS

Which part of the bill that he authored and other candidates (Harris, Warren, etc.) co-signed includes payment at the point of service for medical care?

No. He isn't better for the courts. He is worse. Because he will appoint literally the most corporatist person he can blackmail or bribe. He won't appoint a person who will hurt gays by repealing Lawrence, sure. He's an equal opportunity slaver. He gives everyone an equal opportunity to be stepped on by billionaires. Imagine a boot stomping on a human face. Forever.

I would sooner see the world burn.
Okay, so fuck the LGBTetc... then? Burn the Voting Rights Act? Legalize discrimination... I'm sorry, I mean 'sincerely held religious beliefs'?

FYI, this is how Trump did win. It was the argument the "intellectual" conservatives made. To them and their listeners, the conservatives that don't like Trump, being able to control SCOTUS was more important than anything. It meant it was alright to elect an incompetent to the White House.

Bloomberg is at least not incompetent. He is my 7th choice of a 6 man race, but to suggest Bloomberg is "worse" for the Courts than Trump is incredibly wrong.

It's so hilarious that it's come down to the exact argument conservatives used to explain why civil unions were better than "changing the definition of marriage". I like gay people having domestic partnerships that involve legally binding rights and responsibilities, don't get me wrong, but I'm a marriage attorney and that's not what marriage is.

Which part of the bill that he authored and other candidates (Harris, Warren, etc.) co-signed includes payment at the point of service for medical care?
Try reading posts before responding to them so people don't need to waste their time.

No. He isn't better for the courts. He is worse. Because he will appoint literally the most corporatist person he can blackmail or bribe. He won't appoint a person who will hurt gays by repealing Lawrence, sure. He's an equal opportunity slaver. He gives everyone an equal opportunity to be stepped on by billionaires. Imagine a boot stomping on a human face. Forever.

Okay, so fuck the LGBTetc... then? Burn the Voting Rights Act? Legalize discrimination... I'm sorry, I mean 'sincerely held religious beliefs'?

FYI, this is how Trump did win. It was the argument the "intellectual" conservatives made. To them and their listeners, the conservatives that don't like Trump, being able to control SCOTUS was more important than anything. It meant it was alright to elect an incompetent to the White House.

Bloomberg is at least not incompetent. He is my 7th choice of a 6 man race, but to suggest Bloomberg is "worse" for the Courts than Trump is incredibly wrong.

Bloomberg would appoint worse justices than Trump BECAUSE Bloomberg is not incompetent, Jimmy.

Hopefully we don't have a large number of people who think suicide is appealing.

It brings to mind the working poor, especially the near-slave working poor in other countries, who nevertheless press on and say, "I would rather starve slowly and keep living any kind of life, than give up and starve quickly." I imagine they would hear your words and wonder why you are so willing to see them die.

Try reading posts before responding to them so people don't need to waste their time.

Rhea said Bernie needs to write a new plan, as if the one he wrote years ago didn't include the thing she was talking about, and I'm the one who needs to read before I type?

There are several countries that call their UHC Medicare, Australia for one. What it's called is the least of the issues.

Hopefully we don't have a large number of people who think suicide is appealing.

It brings to mind the working poor, especially the near-slave working poor in other countries, who nevertheless press on and say, "I would rather starve slowly and keep living any kind of life, than give up and starve quickly." I imagine they would hear your words and wonder why you are so willing to see them die.

Someone refusing to vote for a callous Republican billionaire who hates poor people, black people, Muslims, and women is the same as wanting poor people to die. This is it, this is the best political take of 2020

Rhea said Bernie needs to write a new plan, as if the one he wrote years ago didn't include the thing she was talking about, and I'm the one who needs to read before I type?

Do you mean the one he wrote one year ago?
Or are you talking about an earlier one?

Do you mean the one he wrote one year ago?
Or are you talking about an earlier one?

Nope, that's the one. The one he has been pushing for the entire campaign, and talking about since 2015. Where in that plan is there anything to suggest it wouldn't be free at the point of service?

Suicide before slavery.

SEC. 201. COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS.
(a) In General.—Subject to the other provisions of this title and titles IV through IX, individuals enrolled for benefits under this Act are entitled to have payment made by the Secretary to an eligible provider for the following items and services if medically necessary or appropriate for the maintenance of health or for the diagnosis, treatment, or rehabilitation of a health condition:

(1) Hospital services, including inpatient and outpatient hospital care, including 24-hour-a-day emergency services and inpatient prescription drugs.

(2) Ambulatory patient services.

(3) Primary and preventive services, including chronic disease management.

(4) Prescription drugs, medical devices, biological products, including outpatient prescription drugs, medical devices, and biological products.

(5) Mental health and substance abuse treatment services, including inpatient care.

(6) Laboratory and diagnostic services.

(7) Comprehensive reproductive, maternity, and newborn care.

(8) Pediatrics, including early and periodic screening, diagnostic, and treatment services (as defined in section 1905(r) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396d(r))).

(9) Oral health, audiology, and vision services.

(10) Short-term rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices.

(11) Emergency services and transportation.

(12) Necessary transportation to receive health care services for individuals with disabilities and low-income individuals.

(13) Home and community-based long-term services and supports (to be provided in accordance with the requirements for home and community-based settings under sections 441.530 and 441.710 of title 42, Code of Federal Regulations), including—

(A) services described in paragraphs (7), (8), (13), (19), and (24) of section 1905(a) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1396d(a));

(B) home and community-based services described in subsection (c)(4)(B) of section 1915 of the Social Security Act (including habilitation services defined in subsection (c)(5) of such section);

(C) self-directed home and community-based services described in subsection (i) of section 1915 of the Social Security Act;

(D) self-directed personal assistance services (as defined in subsection (j)(4)(A) of section 1915 of the Social Security Act); and

(E) home and community-based attendant services and supports described in subsection (k) of section 1915 of the Social Security Act.

This doesn't sound like universal single-payer health care that's free at the point of service to you?

Someone refusing to vote for a callous Republican billionaire who hates poor people, black people, Muslims, and women is the same as wanting poor people to die. This is it, this is the best political take of 2020

Nice try, but no.
I was responding to "rather watch the world burn"

I know that you don't see the difference in the Dems having the power of veto and judges vs. Trump in charge. But that's what we were talking about.
I'm not trying to convince you, that is pointless. There are other people in the discussion and reading the discussion.

This doesn't sound like universal single-payer health care that's free at the point of service to you?

Not from what I read, no.

Brand names drugs require a co-pay and long term skilled nursing care not covered (requires states to cover - which I'm already in, and no, it is not free at POS, I pay them every month)

Here's a nice article about how it can be improved

About PNHP
Physicians for a National Health Program is a single issue organization advocating a universal, comprehensive single-payer national health program. PNHP has more than 20,000 members and chapters across the United States.

Brand names drugs require a co-pay and long term skilled nursing care not covered (requires states to cover - which I'm already in, and no, it is not free at POS, I pay them every month)

About PNHP
Physicians for a National Health Program is a single issue organization advocating a universal, comprehensive single-payer national health program. PNHP has more than 20,000 members and chapters across the United States.

Interesting. So whose plan comes closest to the ideal that you're advocating?

About PNHP

Oh wait, now you are willing to compromise?

Oh wait, now you are willing to compromise?

Bernie is already a compromise, but he's still the best we've got. I'm trying to tease out what kind of compromise would favor anyone other than Bernie if what you want is what Rhea claims to want.

About PNHP

No, brand name drugs don'r require a copay, it the insurance company that requires a copay.

You're describing what we have today, not the goal of UHC advocates.

Back
Top Bottom