• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The evidence strongly suggests it's the Republicans who are trying to rig the election!

GZODp1DXcAAd0nA
Sigh.

Given that nobody knows in advance which seats will be decided by razor thin margins.
The Republicans knew in the states they gerrymandered in 2020.
OK, you are in Oz, you may not know
I know about gerrymandering - I am from Queensland FFS.
Western Aust. had one in place for decades too.
But my point was about razor thin margins, not merely small ones.

You might get away with adding fifty or even a hundred votes to the system; But even in seats with 'tiny' majorities, this is rarely sufficient to overturn the result, and determining in advance which seats will be that close is basically impossible.

Adding more than a double-digit number of votes is almost certainly going to lead to an investigation and to your cheating coming to light.

So it's pointless to try.
Its not pointless to try if the aim is to sow mistrust and doubt about the integrity, reliability and security about the voting process in general. You only have to do it in a single seat/district for the contagion to spread, esp. these days with FB, Twitter, Tik-Tok etc.

In one state, (Nebraska or Wyoming I think) voters petitioned to have a referendum to have a 'citizens committee' do the re-districting.
I don't know how that turned out. (I saw a doc, but can't find it now)
Update: It was Michigan. I found a more recent news report

But the doc. I saw went deeper into how Republicans used Computer models and AI.

This is the reason why you need independent, non-partisan bodies to determine boundaries. Do not let the pollies anywhere near the process. You yanks are so far down the wombat hole that this is probably impossible.

The idea is that you can simply go vote, that there is no checking.
But there IS checking. Both partys have staffers at the polls.
What exactly are those staffers checking?
Have you never voted?
At my local poll they check name and signature. (they checked my ID the first time I voted there.) They have lists of who is registered to vote at our poll. And it is 2 people from each party. So they check each other.
They would recognize me if I got back in line.
If I had 10 names, that would only be 10 votes not 100 like the meme claims. You can't use the same name twice. Couldn't use more than one poll, per name.

The idea is that you can simply go vote, that there is no checking.
But there IS checking. Both partys have staffers at the polls.
What exactly are those staffers checking?
Have you never voted?
At my local poll they check name and signature. (they checked my ID the first time I voted there.) They have lists of who is registered to vote at our poll. And it is 2 people from each party. So they check each other.
They would recognize me if I got back in line.
If I had 10 names, that would only be 10 votes not 100 like the meme claims. You can't use the same name twice. Couldn't use more than one poll, per name.
It’s been decades since I voted in person.

I wasn’t doubting I was just curious.

To be safe, you should start voting in person again.
The mail-ins are under attack by the 'fraud' patrol.
If we survive this 'fraud' BS, I think online voting will be common in 10 years.

To be safe, you should start voting in person again.
The mail-ins are under attack by the 'fraud' patrol.
If we survive this 'fraud' BS, I think online voting will be common in 10 years.
I live in California and I have no concerns about my mail-in ballot. I much prefer just sitting at home, researching the issues and candidates and filling in the ballot at my leisure than having to take time off of work and go find a place to stand in a line and try to remember all my choices for a four page ballot. It’s not impossible just not convenient and I see no reason to change my habit at this point. Those who cry “fraud” are going to do so no matter what reality is. If California gets rid of no excuse mail-in balloting and I must vote in person then I will.

Reactions: SLD

Two words to the Ohio GOP and their shill SCOTUS judges. "Go fuck yourselves off to hell."

Can't use the box, have to park and waste even more of my fucking time to hand deliver my legally blind mother's ballot?! Go fuck yourselves! Don't have enough fucking shit to manage is being her local caretaker. Now I need to waste time to do what I otherwise could have done it good faith.

To prevent what exactly?! What does waiting in line to go inside the BOE make any more legit about that ballot?

ederal judge orders Alabama to reverse program that purged more than 3,000 names from state voter rolls

A federal judge ordered Alabama’s Republican secretary of state on Wednesday to reverse a program that purged more than 3,000 names from the state’s voter rolls, agreeing with the Biden administration’s argument that the purge took place too close to the election.

“For decades, federal law has given states a hard deadline to complete systematic purges of ineligible persons from voter rolls: no later than ninety days before a federal election. This year, Alabama Secretary of State Wes Allen blew the deadline when he announced a purge program to begin eighty-four days before the 2024 General Election,” US District Judge Anna Manasco wrote in a 5-page preliminary injunction.

Manasco, who was appointed to the bench by former President Donald Trump, added that Allen “admitted” that his purge program “included thousands of United States citizens (in addition to far fewer noncitizens, who are ineligible to vote),” and that the secretary of state referred all of the individuals to the state’s attorney general for criminal investigation

Back
Top Bottom