• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The hush money indictment

Back up your statement with facts and logical argument.
Democrat Mass Media goons were saying openly "Drop out and your problems go away"
Sorry if I don’t believe you when you make claims of what other people have said. You’ve openly lied about what I’ve said so you have no credibility.

If you provide citations then I might listen. As i said “facts and logical argument”.
Rachel Maddow said that, you can't go more democrat goon than that.
Citation or link please.

Democrat Mass Media goons were saying openly "Drop out and your problems go away"
Sorry if I don’t believe you when you make claims of what other people have said. You’ve openly lied about what I’ve said so you have no credibility.

If you provide citations then I might listen. As i said “facts and logical argument”.
Citation or link please.
You're welcome. And teach yourself to google.

He's saying that the DA only pursued the charges because Trump is running for President. Many Republicans are saying that too. And I'm sure many people are believe that too. And even if it were true, it wouldn't change the fact that he got convicted on the facts of the case and his poor defense. So, presumably the argument is that the crime was too small for the DA to have wasted time and energy pursuing. He should have let this criminal go and pursued other criminals instead.
And to some extent he's probably right. They're going to care more about a crime that a person might commit again than a crime where there's no chance of recurrence.
I think financial crimes by wealthy, powerful people are going to be quite recurrent if they are constantly passed over for prosecution.

Citation or link please.
I know how to google. But coming from you I didn’t think it worthy of following up.

Anyway. Thanks for the link. I was always against this kind of thing as it would have indicated that it actually was a politically motivated prosecution. I’m glad that the actual people in power (DOJ) did not do this despite some people with no power (TV talking head) suggesting it.

This is an important part of that article:

O’Donnell played with the idea, though he claimed such a deal would have to be proposed by Trump’s legal team, otherwise it might convey that the Department of Justice is out to stop Trump from running for office.

"I would imagine if anything like that happened that it would have to come from the defense side of the negotiation," he said. "That the Trump team would say, ‘Oh, by the way, and with this, we will also, you know, drop out of the race for president.'"

. I’m glad that the actual people in power (DOJ) did not do this
And you know this how?
Because there has been no plea deal for him to drop out. At least none that anyone has heard about. Do you even think Trump would offer to drop out as part of a plea deal??

Did you even read the article you linked to?

I know how to google. But coming from you I didn’t think it worthy of following up.
I never BS, it's your side which always BS like what you just did.
Never? Except for the times you demonstrably lied about things that I personally said. Thats why I don’t believe you. Have you forgotten?
I never lied. And I never referred to you personally. To me you are all huge mass without names.

And you know this how?
Because there has been no plea deal for him to drop out.
So what? DOJ suggested Trump to plea. He refused.
At least none that anyone has heard about. Do you even think Trump would offer to drop out as part of a plea deal??

I did, did you?

I doubt anyone suggested the charges leveled by individual states would "go away" if he ended his campaign for federal office.

Anyone seriously suggesting the federal charges related to the insurrection or the illegal retention of classified documents would simply "go away" without a plea deal or a trial is an idiot.

I doubt anyone suggested the charges leveled by individual states would "go away" if he ended his campaign for federal office.

Anyone seriously suggesting the federal charges related to the insurrection or the illegal retention of classified documents would simply "go away" without a plea deal or a trial is an idiot.
You are arguing with your Media Queen Rachel Maddow

I never BS, it's your side which always BS like what you just did.
Never? Except for the times you demonstrably lied about things that I personally said. Thats why I don’t believe you. Have you forgotten?
I never lied. And I never referred to you personally. To me you are all huge mass without names.
Yes you did. So you must have forgotten.

And you know this how?
Because there has been no plea deal for him to drop out.
So what? DOJ suggested Trump to plea. He refused.
At least none that anyone has heard about. Do you even think Trump would offer to drop out as part of a plea deal??

I did, did you?
[removed] in the article it says:

Maddow began by telling O’Donnell, "You have to wonder if the Justice Department is considering whether there is some political solution to this criminal problem. Whether part of the issue here is not just that Trump has committed crimes, but that Trump has committed crimes and plans on being back in the White House."

Rachel was musing about a plea deal. Then O’Donnell mused that the plea offer would have to come from the defense.

If you think you have an actual reference to the DOJ offering a plea deal you’ll have to do some more googling.

Last edited by a moderator:

She's not even my Media Assistant Housekeeper.

If Maddow was seriously suggesting the federal indictments for illegal retention of classified documents or conspiracy to obstruct Congress carrying out its Constitutionally mandated function would "go away" if Trump abandoned his campaign, then she's an idiot.

I suspect she said something much more intelligent and nuanced.

*** Oh, ffs, I just clicked on your link. It's Faux News bullshit. Maddow was speculating that a potential plea deal would include barring Trump from being able to give himself a Presidential pardon. That is perfectly sensible. The whole point of a plea deal is to offer a reduced sentence in exchange for a
defendant admitting to a crime, not to make it possible for him to expunge his own criminal record at a letter date.

She's not even my Media Assistant Housekeeper.

If Maddow was seriously suggesting the federal indictments for illegal retention of classified documents or conspiracy to obstruct Congress carrying out its Constitutionally mandated function would "go away" if Trump abandoned his campaign, then she's an idiot.

I suspect she said something much more intelligent and nuanced.

*** Oh, ffs, I just clicked on your link. It's Faux News bullshit. Maddow was speculating that a potential plea deal would include barring Trump from being able to give himself a Presidential pardon. That is perfectly sensible. The whole point of a plea deal is to offer a reduced sentence in exchange for a
defendant admitting to a crime, not to make it possible for him to expunge his own criminal record at a letter date.
“Speculating” being the operative word here. Maybe barbos will google up an actual reference to the DOJ offering Trump a plea deal.

Citation or link please.
www.foxnews.com/media/rachel-maddow-suggests-doj-quid-pro-quo-with-trump-drop-charges-leaves-2024-race

Maybe Rachel Maddow said that. Maybe she didn't. But FoxNews?? Really? The "news" service notorious for misquoting, doctoring images, outright lying? Do you think we're going to click a FoxNews link to enjoy their lying?

That barbos thinks FoxNews is a "news" source tells us much more about him, than whether or not Ms. Maddow said what he claims.

Back
Top Bottom