• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The images Biden will not allow you to see very much longer

I thought you wanted Biden to comply with the letter of the law. The law is these people are allowed to come here and apply for asylum.

Yes, give them their applications and then fly them back home until they get their court dates.

And I suppose you also support trying a witch by seeing if she drowns.

(If they are legitimate refugees flying them home puts them in danger.)

Then change the law Loren. Or at least make a suggestion to change the law to what you think would be best! The rule of law appears not to be compassionate but at the very minimum at least assures everyone is treated equally and according to some kind of logic.

I do not refuse to watch the drone footage. I refuse provide right wing YouTube personalities with ad revenue from my clicks. Provide information from a reliable source, including the drone footage, and I may very well watch it.
That's not easily done. No one else except the media you hate will fly a drone that will show video footage that is politically unacceptable to them.
Though I am not sure why drone footage should be so special, and footage from other photography, possibly even including news helicopters, but definitely reporters on the ground, just can't show the same thing.
Helicopter footage would be the same thing. But the prestitutes for the democrat party aren't going to show that to you either.

Well, that's odd, ABC News put out a report on it, complete with aerial footage, as we have been discussing Biden not allowing anyone to see what is going on.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/biden-admin-outlines-response-surge-haitian-migrants-border/story?id=80098439

From this report, it seems you are actually going to get your wish, as Biden appears to be about to use a Trump-era rule to send them back to Haiti without allowing them to apply for asylum. It is a sad eventuality for those of us who were hoping for more compassion, but it is also currently a very bad situation for the migrants themselves. This report also puts the number at close to 13,000 now, and that is one big bridge.

The bottom line is that neither Democrats or Republicans are informed anymore. Because like you, they choose to remain ignorant. Depending who they are, they can only watch the media they can stand to watch. That leaves many otherwise intelligent people very very ignorant

Too bad the Biden admin clamped down on the whole thing, and we will never get to see the above linked report. As for myself, for various reasons I have not been as in tune to the news as I typically am over the last week or so. Maybe don't be so quick to label others here(or anywhere) as ignorant just because they prefer their news from reliable source rather than the right-wing freakout machine.

Ah, the old "the media doesn't want you to see this!" thing.

I saw something similar posted just yesterday on the social media. A link to a media story that says "the media is hiding this!"

Of course it was a right wing media source, and the implication was "the mainstream media will never show you this!"

So I clicked over to my You Tube tab, refreshed the page, and guess was there? A news story from NBC showing the very same video that they were never going to show!

Weird, huh?

I have enough experience with family members with drug problems (prescribed and illicit) and friends and family who work with people who use/abuse drugs to not be ready to jump on board wholesale legalization. Y'all recognize, don't you, that prescription medications are the reason for the current opioid crisis?

Removing criminality is only a tiny part of the job. We have to have the other parts in place before we open that door.

I do agree that overuse was part of the problem. Note that many of us on the legalization side favor a two-part approach: The low-risk stuff is completely legal, the high-risk stuff is prescription-only, but with a specific legal requirement that addiction is a valid reason for a prescription. With the addicts being able to get their fix legally we could do away with most of the hoops people are made to jump through for the higher level stuff.

It's not just over use. I know someone who was given oxy in the hospital while recovering from knee replacement surgery. Went home, went off meds and became violently ill--because of withdrawal from what he was given for a couple of days in the hospital. He was particularly unlucky in becoming so addicted so quickly--he had zero idea until he went back to the doctors, thinking he must have a heck of an infection. This is unusual, but it happens.

I'm not even sure what 'low risk' means. Decades ago, I was given a prescription for cough medicine with codeine in it. VERY effective but I quit taking it the instant I didn't need it to sleep through the night without coughing my head off because I recognized that my body really, really, really liked it and I could see how it could be a problem for me. I was given oxy after a surgery and I took twice in 24 hrs. because I knew I wanted to be able to move around well and then never touched it again. It did block pain from the surgery but aside from that---there was no: Hello there nice drug response from my body the way there is for codeine, yet lots of people cannot handle oxy at all.

We need a North/Central America initiative designed to encourage growth in the nations south of the US outside the world of drugs. The US also needs to legalize drugs to kill the drug trade in these nations.

We need people to stay where they are, and that requires long-term positive investment and development to make up for our Cold War policies down there.

As far as the current events. We need to show compassion. It isn’t easy to mobilize compassion. Food, shelter, waste treatment requires resources and that takes time to mobilize.

The US is struggling with the adapting models of attempted migration into the US since W. Too bad the GOP fucked W over on trying to deal with it.

Totally agree. We tried this a little. Dramatically underfunded program. But Trump killed it.

I have enough experience with family members with drug problems (prescribed and illicit) and friends and family who work with people who use/abuse drugs to not be ready to jump on board wholesale legalization. Y'all recognize, don't you, that prescription medications are the reason for the current opioid crisis?

Removing criminality is only a tiny part of the job. We have to have the other parts in place before we open that door.

Shall we make alcohol illegal again until we have the protocols in place to deal with humanity’s addiction issue?

I get it. Yes, isn’t quite Let’s just make it legal, but America’s inability to admit it has a problem has been screwing things up abroad. At least with alcohol and tobacco we aren’t supporting massive gang systems.

Considering most of these refugees come from the Northern Triangle they are clearly fitter, more active and more motivated than the average American. Making them citizens would only improve stats. Also, seeing as those countries were fucked by US policy, "you broke it, you bought it" seems to apply.

This is also all over "liberal" media as well. Does not appear that anyone is trying to hide it or ignore it. Also, the Biden admin has provided for 400 more agents at the border, plus some other resources to help.

But who knows? I mean, the world is so full of misinformation and fake news that you just can't tell anymore what's true or false these days. So you just gotta go with your prejudices, and if your prejudices say that people are hiding this and Dems don't care and "Biden doesn't want you to see!!!11!!11" then that is what is true. :)

Manning was arrested, in part, for allowing the world to see and hear the US military attack and kill civilians, even children, then blame the victims for being their victims.

Hiding things from the world is what the US government does.

This is also all over "liberal" media as well. Does not appear that anyone is trying to hide it or ignore it.
But that is the "lamestream" media who make up "fake news". Real patriots and Trump supporters do not look at those sources.

I would like to see the Biden administration try to handle these people with compassion. How about you? What's your solution?
The compassionate way to resolve this IMHO is to follow the rule of law first and foremost...
Typical republican does not even comprehend the word compassion... How do you be moral? Follow the laws? Those are the undeveloped, immature ramblings of an uneducable bible thumping conservative nothing of a human being.

I'm not so sure about legalizing the drugs though.

Typical republican response... just say NO.. no to anything.. no to everything... change bad. Make America 1950 Again!

How about funding the border resources more so people can be processed faster?

How about "invading" Central America and creating livable countries there?
Yes, of course, that’s seems immensely more reasonable. Especially after the wonderful job we did in improving life in Afghanistan.
Then you have to start accepting all migrants from all over the world including Russia, but especially Central America because that mess is 90% your doing.

This is also all over "liberal" media as well. Does not appear that anyone is trying to hide it or ignore it.
But that is the "lamestream" media who make up "fake news". Real patriots and Trump supporters do not look at those sources.

And then when they bring that shit here and it gets debunked, then it's all, well, whooo can possibly tell what's true in this scary maelstrom of wordz 'n shit... Well, whoever debunked your bullshit had an inkling.

I thought you wanted Biden to comply with the letter of the law. The law is these people are allowed to come here and apply for asylum.

Yes, give them their applications and then fly them back home until they get their court dates.

That is not what the law says. The asylum seeker is allowed to remain in the US until the case is adjudicated, under the doctrine of Defensive Asylum. Sending a person back to his country of origin, which he is fleeing for fear of persecution would be contrary to what the asylum process is about.

And then when they bring that shit here and it gets debunked, then it's all, well, whooo can possibly tell what's true in this scary maelstrom of wordz 'n shit... Well, whoever debunked your bullshit had an inkling.

And they also get all indignant and accuse you of sticking your head in the sand because you won't give views to the YouTube video that misinformed them in them first place.

This is also all over "liberal" media as well. Does not appear that anyone is trying to hide it or ignore it. Also, the Biden admin has provided for 400 more agents at the border, plus some other resources to help.

But who knows? I mean, the world is so full of misinformation and fake news that you just can't tell anymore what's true or false these days. So you just gotta go with your prejudices, and if your prejudices say that people are hiding this and Dems don't care and "Biden doesn't want you to see!!!11!!11" then that is what is true. :)

Because of this:

Manning was arrested, in part, for allowing the world to see and hear the US military attack and kill civilians, even children, then blame the victims for being their victims.

Hiding things from the world is what the US government does.

Furthermore, there is this. How did I become the first to post about this news on this mostly liberal board if this news was being covered so well in the left stream media? I'm not a heavy poster and someone else would have surely talked about this days before I brought it up.

And they also get all indignant and accuse you of sticking your head in the sand because you won't give views to the YouTube video that misinformed them in them first place.

Its not just my opinion that media today sucks. Independent journalist's such as Matt Tabbi make this claim as well. Corporate media wants your money and they can care less whether or not you are really informed.

Back
Top Bottom