• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The images Biden will not allow you to see very much longer

Greed is the most common cause of fucked economies but consider the Khmer Rouge. The leadership fucked the whole economy in the quest for restoring the old ways.

Okay I'm considering the Khmer Rouge. I still don't understand the allure of any "old ways" as it would have applied to the general population. More likely, the people were fed lies in the interest of furthering the greed of xenophobic autocrats. You know, kinda like how Republicans are gaslighting trumpsuckers today.

I post about things such as this thread that I know will bring comments from another point of view. I am confident that you and others of the other political side will not let me down in this regard. The other side will always tell you either what is wrong with your opinion or what is wrong with the facts you think you have. And yes, that is a good thing. And yes, it may also make me look stupid. But in the end, the truth is advanced.

Your OP - original premise - was that you found something the "Biden administration will not allow you to see very much longer." That premise was shot down almost instantly, as the story was being covered in the "mainstream" media. It isn't "another point of view" from "the other political side."
I did learn the media I posted was not entirely truthful. That in and of itself is no big surprise to me though. I continue to believe both liberal and conservative media are not always truthful. It is also fairly easy to find when liberal media tells lies as well. I'm still not convinced main stream media is any better than conservative media.
There's no "political side" about it...you were simply incorrect.
Then we agree to disagree. I'm willing to admit the title to the thread is not correct anymore though. But only because of conservative backlash after the drone footage was being suppressed.
If you really want the truth to be "advanced," then when several people point out that what you posted was simply incorrect, you say "ah...got it. Thanks" and consider being a little more careful when posting sensationalist content. You didn't do that. you dug in and kept clinging to your wrongheaded notion. The truth came out pretty quickly, but you chalked it up to being "well the other side has spoken" and don't seem to have learned much.
I could have said that but the truth has yet to come out. Or you would not post this. This was a very newsworthy story yet no one brings this up until my thread. Why??? Angry Floof does not want to go there and I predict you will not dare to go there either.

My still unproven hypothesis: The media most members of this forum watch is far different than the media I have available where I live (conservative country). Because if you listened to conservative media, Texas is almost all you hear about. Such intense coverage obviously of a very newsworthy event did not happened in main stream media. Yes, it can be proven main stream media did mention Texas, yet they surely did not cover it anything like conservative media. Because if that had been the case I would not started this thread here, it would have been brought up probably several times already.

If you really want the truth to be "advanced," then when several people point out that what you posted was simply incorrect, you say "ah...got it. Thanks" and consider being a little more careful when posting sensationalist content. You didn't do that. you dug in and kept clinging to your wrongheaded notion. The truth came out pretty quickly, but you chalked it up to being "well the other side has spoken" and don't seem to have learned much.
I could have said that but the truth has yet to come out. Or you would not post this.

The truth that countered much of your OP, as well as the title of the thread, did come out. It seems you now want this thread to be about something else that was not in your OP.

This was a very newsworthy story yet no one brings this up until my thread. Why???

Because you got mad skillz? Being first is kind of a big thing on the internet, embrace it.

My still unproven hypothesis: The media most members of this forum watch is far different than the media I have available where I live (conservative country).

A lot of us live in conservative parts of the country, I believe I live in the same Metro area as you do (St. Louis). The media to which you linked is not even local media, it was a YouTube video that can be viewed damn near anywhere, and likely did not originate in our area. That you have surrounded yourself with a bubble of conservative media is a situation for which you only have yourself to blame. You obviously have access to the internet to provide you with unbiased media, or media from opposing biases if you want to get the take from the other side. The internet also provides you with the resources to critically examine all of those biases, and form your own opinion.

Because if you listened to conservative media, Texas is almost all you hear about.

Don't worry, liberal media is talking a lot about Texas these days as well. The difference is that this is not the only story out of Texas that they are talking about, as there are actually other things happening there. If this one story is all conservative media is talking about, perhaps that is the problem. Maybe you need to re-examine why you are surrounding yourself with so much conservative media that is working in concert to keep all of those other important stories away from your eyeballs.

Such intense coverage obviously of a very newsworthy event did not happened in main stream media. Yes, it can be proven main stream media did mention Texas, yet they surely did not cover it anything like conservative media. Because if that had been the case I would not started this thread here, it would have been brought up probably several times already.

As noted above, your conservative media bubble is feeding you a carefully crafted narrative, and trying to get you so worked up about it that you do not pay attention to anything else. You posted your OP on a Sunday, and the crisis had been brewing for a couple of days, so the first stories probably started appearing on Friday. It is well known that people pay less attention to the news on weekends, that is why politicians tend to try to bury stories by releasing them on a Friday. Combine that with the fact that liberals generally do not have immigration issues as one of their top priorities to begin with, and it is no surprise that a conservative was the first to bring this topic up on a weekend.

A lot of us live in conservative parts of the country, I believe I live in the same Metro area as you do (St. Louis).

Jon Belmar (St Louis Cty Police Chief) contacted me shortly after taking office in 2014, and was one of the first major police entities to enlist us for customized emergency trauma solutions. I worked with him and his acquisition team for a number of years after the Michael Brown tragedy, and all the while never got a sense that he - or anyone else in his command - was immersed in right wing media like RVonse is. Yeah, they were/are a bunch of racist conservative fucks, born and raised in the presumption of white superiority - but NOT, as far as I could tell, white supremacy per se. There was a genuine sense of regret for both the negative media attention, and what they considered the misrepresentation of the nature of their law enforcement efforts and intent. These days, it seems that those of similar ilk are all in on white supremacy and endorsing the violent put-down of anyone objecting to it. They're actually proud of it. I suspect that RVonse is quite a bit younger than Belmar or his higher-ups.

Greed is the most common cause of fucked economies but consider the Khmer Rouge. The leadership fucked the whole economy in the quest for restoring the old ways.

Okay I'm considering the Khmer Rouge. I still don't understand the allure of any "old ways" as it would have applied to the general population. More likely, the people were fed lies in the interest of furthering the greed of xenophobic autocrats. You know, kinda like how Republicans are gaslighting trumpsuckers today.

I suggest looking into it then. Cambodia wasn't fucked because the wealth was being stolen, it was fucked because the wealth ceased to be produced. It was Mao turned up to 11 in an attempt to recreate the "glory" days of old (7th century?) The reality is that it cratered production.

The Real Conspiracy RVonse doesn't want you to know about:

Former Trump aide Jason Miller was in Brazil in early September. A lot of these Haitian refugees actually came from Brazil.

Why doesn't the MSM want anyone to investigate the connection between the two? What is RVonse hiding? Is it possible that this is all a coincidence? Sure, but why then is everyone so silent about it?

This whole thing stinks and must be instigated. I'm sensing this is a deep state conspiracy that goes all the way to the top. It's clear Trump orchestrated this migration as a distraction so Biden is occupied so he can sneak into the Capitol and reclaim his legitimate place as President. Come on people, wake the fuck up!

Former Trump aide Jason Miller was in Brazil in early September. A lot of these Haitian refugees actually came from Brazil.

Why doesn't the MSM want anyone to investigate the connection between the two? What is RVonse hiding? Is it possible that this is all a coincidence? Sure, but why then is everyone so silent about it?

This whole thing stinks and must be instigated. I'm sensing this is a deep state conspiracy that goes all the way to the top. It's clear Trump orchestrated this migration as a distraction so Biden is occupied so he can sneak into the Capitol and reclaim his legitimate place as President. Come on people, wake the fuck up!

That appeals to my prejudices and there is no other way of knowing what's true or false, so I totally believe you. :thumbsup:

Why do so many conservatives feel it's their god-given right to turn down vaccination, but deny immigrants the same freedom of conscience? Also, why do they not worry about covid spread themselves, but suddenly seem very worried if refugees spread the virus?

I did learn the media I posted was not entirely truthful. That in and of itself is no big surprise to me though. I continue to believe both liberal and conservative media are not always truthful. It is also fairly easy to find when liberal media tells lies as well. I'm still not convinced main stream media is any better than conservative media.

Ah..."both sides are the same." An oldie but not-so-goodie. And can we please dispense of this notion that "conservative media" is not mainstream? You are perpetuating the false narrative that somehow conservative media is some plucky upstart telling you the "truth the mainstream doesn't want you to hear."

Fox News is absolutely mainstream. They are consistently one of the highest rated (if not the highest rated) cable news network, and they are owned by one of the biggest mainstream media companies in the world.

As far as this "the truth has yet to come out" thing, that's a neat little trick that's being played out by mainstream conservative news outlets across the spectrum. "The truth has yet to come out" means that you - the consumer - can "fill in the blanks" of the story with whatever the host or hosts suggest under the guise of "I'm just asking questions!"

What's on Hunter Biden's laptop? Nobody knows, but Fox tells you "the truth has yet to come out" so you can imagine it to be video of cocaine deals with Ukrainian hookers while Joe Biden stands grinning in the background. "I'm not saying that's what it is, I'm just asking questions" opines Tucker Carlson.

Or take the Arizona "audit." It was premised on the idea that "the truth has yet to come out," implying that there was indeed massive voter fraud. So everyone on the right following the story assumes that the fraud happened, and "any day now, the report will come out and we'll all know the real story!"

The "truth will come out eventually" is a blank page you can paint with whatever biased brushes you bring.

I've not read the thread — the very title, absurdly implying that Biden and the Ds, rather than Trump and the Rs, are the side that suppresses truth is nothing but a joke's punchline — but the thread seems to be about the Texas border, so I thought to ask a question.

The Department of Homeland Security said it would launch a full investigation [into bad behavior by Border cops], and President Joe Biden said the footage shocked him. “It’s outrageous. I promise you those people will pay,” Biden said Friday.

Abbott said the fault for any misbehavior should be placed on Biden and members of his administration because they didn’t keep the Haitian migrants from crossing from Mexico into Del Rio, Texas.

He also said that Texas was going to assume some of the functions of border control, even though the U.S. Constitution assigns the federal government that responsibility.

My question is: What does it take for POTUS to declare a state to be in rebellion? I don't think the opinions of either Congress or Scotus would be relevant: this is purely an Executive decision.

After Texas is declared to be in rebellion, will their Senators and Congressmen be allowed to participate in the U.S. Congress? If Texas National Guardsmen obey Abbott's orders instead of Biden's will they be guilty of treason?

Obviously my questions are tongue-in-cheek, and none of the Ds would ever act — yet — on my suggestions. But the U.S. is on a trajectory where such questions may become quite serious, sooner rather than later.

It was a brazilian of them that came from Brazil!

Back
Top Bottom