• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

Marjorie Taylor Greene's lawyers say she has 'no recollection' of martial law text to Mark Meadows - "Greene's lawyers raised doubts over the authenticity of the text, which appears to show her discussing martial law with Meadows, then Trump's chief of staff."
“In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall law. I don’t know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!” Greene is alleged to have written.
Yes, "marshall law".

Alongside "gazpacho police" and "peach-tree dish".

Did Marjorie Taylor Greene Say Jan. 6 Defendants Had Rights 'Fragrantly Violated?' | Snopes.com
During a House speech on June 9, Greene did indeed incorrectly use the word “fragrantly” to describe what she presented as violations of the rights of Jan. 6 defendants. A transcript of the relevant section of her remarks is below:

You know what else we don’t hear enough about? We do not understand what is happening to the over 800 people who have been arrested and charged for the events on Jan. 6. We don’t know what is happening to them, and there are dozens of them right here in this city, wasting away in the D.C. jail, being treated like political prisoners of war. And you know what? This is before they have been convicted of anything.

They are there pre-trial, and no one cares about them. No one on this Jan. 6 committee dares to ask a question, what is happening to these people, and why their due process rights are being so fragrantly [sic] and horrifically violated, pre-trial? Pre-trial, they are sitting in that jail.
AOC Mocks Marjorie Taylor Greene’s ‘Fragrant’ Debate Gaffe With Apt ‘Apocalypse Now’ Line (Video)

Aaron Rupar on Twitter: "hate it when my rights are fragrantly violated (vid link)" / Twitter
then
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Twitter: "Gotta love the smell of gun safety legislation in the morning 👃🏽♨️" / Twitter

Yes, "marshall law".
Perhaps she was referring to the short-lived 2002 Channel 7 legal drama of that name, that attempted unsuccessfully to build on the popularity of actors Lisa McCune and William McInnes in the earlier (and much more successful) police drama, Blue Heelers.

Although I wouldn’t have picked her as a fan of obscure Australian TV series from two decades ago.

Marjorie Taylor Greene's lawyers say she has 'no recollection' of martial law text to Mark Meadows - "Greene's lawyers raised doubts over the authenticity of the text, which appears to show her discussing martial law with Meadows, then Trump's chief of staff."
“In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshall law. I don’t know on those things. I just wanted you to tell him. They stole this election. We all know. They will destroy our country next. Please tell him to declassify as much as possible so we can go after Biden and anyone else!” Greene is alleged to have written.
Yes, "marshall law".

Alongside "gazpacho police" and "peach-tree dish".
Give Marjorie Taylor Greene a break. What she meant to say is "In our private chat with only Members, several are saying the only way to save our Republic is for Trump to call for Marshallow." Can't get more harmless than that.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) recently shared footage of a right-wing heckler sexually harassing her outside the Capitol. Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) thinks she should be grateful for it.

In the clip, the white man, Alex Stein, yelled lewd and racially-charged comments at Ocasio-Cortez as she walked up the steps to the Capitol.

But Greene called his actions “quite the compliment.” She even had Stein on her podcast.

“I think women should be confident,” Greene said. “And if a man gives you a compliment, a woman can say ‘thank you.’”

Patriot Takes, an account that monitors right-wing media, posted part of the podcast interview:

How Georgia’s Outlandish Ballot Access Law Is Protecting Marjorie Taylor Greene (and the Two-Party System)

Before [Angela] Pence can get a fair shot at challenging [Marjorie Taylor] Greene, she has to overcome America’s toughest ballot access law — with a petition threshold that no independent or third-party candidate has successfully surpassed since the 1960s. To qualify, she has to collect more than 23,000 signatures from residents of her congressional district. It’s a law that was originally passed to keep out candidates believed to be advocating for overthrowing the American government. Ironically, that law is now protecting Greene, one of Congress’ loudest cheerleaders for former President Donald Trump’s attempt at subverting the results of the 2020 election. So far, courts have upheld the high barrier to entry in Georgia’s congressional races on the grounds that it keeps out unserious candidates and avoids confusing votes. A case challenging the threshold could be headed to the Supreme Court later this year, but not soon enough to help Pence.

For all the complaints about this particular person, I don't see any loosening of the rules that protect her. Apparently Democrats think she is a lesser evil compared to third parties having a shot.

Well duh. If you don’t connect it to your peach tree dish…

MTG likely meant "Petri dish" when she said "peach-tree dish". This was what she was referring to:

Bill Gates wants Western countries to eat ‘synthetic meat’; Meatable has raised $47 million to make it | TechCrunch
noting interview
Bill Gates: Rich nations should shift entirely to synthetic beef | MIT Technology Review

Meatable is one of several artificial-meat startups.

A Petri dish is where one grows small organisms in a lab so that one can research them.
Yeah, I was just wondering if she's not hearing well that she keeps getting things wrong. This one is at least legitimate words but I doubt she knew the soup one.
She's a moron. That explains it all.
I agree she's a moron but that doesn't get the soup. That seems to me more likely a hearing issue.
Can peach tree wood be made into a good bowl for cold soup? Or is it only for artificial meat and the the like?
Peach Tree wood is great for smoking meats... especially pork and game

https://www.thelist.com/961932/marj...atest-line-of-merch-has-the-internet-talking/

Donald Trump began using the FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago to raise money (via Reuters). Like her mentor Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene began using the FBI's legally approved search warrant to spread conspiracy theories and raise money. Greene is selling a new line of merchandise calling to "Defund the FBI" and "Enemy of the State" tees for Trump supporters. Green promoted her new "Defund the FBI" merch on Instagram writing: "Joe Biden has weaponized the FBI and DOJ against President Trump and his supporters.

She really is learning from Trump! Let's just hope that she never runs for president. We have too many Americans who would vote for her.

https://www.thelist.com/961932/marj...atest-line-of-merch-has-the-internet-talking/

Donald Trump began using the FBI raid at Mar-a-Lago to raise money (via Reuters). Like her mentor Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene began using the FBI's legally approved search warrant to spread conspiracy theories and raise money. Greene is selling a new line of merchandise calling to "Defund the FBI" and "Enemy of the State" tees for Trump supporters. Green promoted her new "Defund the FBI" merch on Instagram writing: "Joe Biden has weaponized the FBI and DOJ against President Trump and his supporters.

She really is learning from Trump! Let's just hope that she never runs for president. We have too many Americans who would vote for her.
She's campaigning to be Trump's 2024 running mate.

She's campaigning to be Trump's 2024 running mate.
That should have some appeal; the Dumb and Dumber ticket.

MTG likely meant "Petri dish" when she said "peach-tree dish". This was what she was referring to:

Bill Gates wants Western countries to eat ‘synthetic meat’; Meatable has raised $47 million to make it | TechCrunch
noting interview
Bill Gates: Rich nations should shift entirely to synthetic beef | MIT Technology Review

Meatable is one of several artificial-meat startups.

A Petri dish is where one grows small organisms in a lab so that one can research them.
Yeah, I was just wondering if she's not hearing well that she keeps getting things wrong. This one is at least legitimate words but I doubt she knew the soup one.
She's a moron. That explains it all.
I agree she's a moron but that doesn't get the soup. That seems to me more likely a hearing issue.
Can peach tree wood be made into a good bowl for cold soup? Or is it only for artificial meat and the the like?
Peach Tree wood is great for smoking meats... especially pork and game
How is it for framing the rectory of a bed minister?

Back
Top Bottom