• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

Should appealed a $500 fine to the Supreme Court and lost.

The United States Supreme Court denied an appeal from Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene and two other Republican representatives who were given fines for not wearing face coverings on the House floor in 2021 amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

1o5fzt

Attachments

• 1o5fzt.gif
    1o5fzt.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
Greene tells reporter to ‘f‑‑‑ off’ after question about Jewish space lasers | The Hill
Marjorie Taylor Greene Does Not Want to Talk about Jewish Space Lasers | The New Republic
At a Super Tuesday event at Mar-a-Lago, Greene was approached by former BBC journalist Emily Maitlis, who after a perfectly civil interview on the topic of Nikki Haley dared to follow up on the Georgia Republican’s bonkers conspiracy.

“Can you tell me why so many people that support Donald Trump love conspiracy theories, including yourself? He seems to attract lots of conspiracy theorists,” prompted Maitlis, who now works for The News Agents.

“What about Jewish space lasers? Tell us about Jewish space lasers,” she asked, referring to a 2018 Facebook post in which Greene linked alleged sightings of “lasers or blue beams of light” to the cause of the California wildfires. She then, apropos of nothing, further tied those sightings to the Rothschilds, a wealthy Jewish banking family often targeted by antisemitic conspiracies, whom she believed were clearing the land for rail stations.

“Why don’t you go talk about Jewish space lasers?” Greene replied to Maitlis. “And really, why don’t you fuck off? How about that?”
The News Agents on X: "
"Emily, you're a conspiracy theorist... We like the truth."
Why did Marjorie Taylor Greene tell @maitlis to fuck off? 🤬
Coming to @GlobalPlayer
(vid link)" / X

She said that Nikki Haley ought to drop out, that Donald Trump ought not to choose her as his VP, and she ducked the question of whether she would want to be his VP.

MTG is one of the smallest, stupidest people ever to disgrace the halls of Congress. If her entire district was wiped off the map, this Country would be better off.

GOP senator: Greene ‘dragging our brand down’ | The Hill
“She is a horrible leader,” Tillis said of Greene, according to audio played on CNN’s “Erin Burnett OutFront.” “She is dragging our brand down. She — not the Democrats — are the biggest risk to us getting back to a majority.”

He added that the Georgia Republican is “uninformed” and “a total waste of time,” per the clip, highlighted my Mediaite.

Marjorie Taylor Greene calls Johnson's foreign aid package his '3rd betrayal' of American people | Fox News
"He did this [expletive] here on the House floor foreign war package that does nothing for America," Greene said.

She even spoke in near Biblical terms about the speaker. Greene didn’t invoke Peter’s three betrayals of Jesus, but she did declare that his advancement of the foreign assistance program as "the third betrayal by Mike Johnson." Greene said the other two were the passage of two major spending bills to avert government shutdowns and a reauthorization of a key law enforcement spying tool known as FISA Section 702.

"I’m thankful that America gets to see who this man is," said Greene. "He’s already a lame duck. If we have the vote today in our conference, he would not be speaker today."

Opinion | Marjorie Taylor Greene Has Reached the Outer Limit of Extremism - The New York Times
How extreme can one get before one's party turns against them? Sort of like Madison Cawthorn and alleged Republican-politician orgies.
Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene seems to have reached that outer limit. Again.

It’s not simply that Ms. Greene has taken such a Putin-pleasing approach to Russia’s war in Ukraine (Ukrainian Nazis? Really?) that the term “useful idiot” feels unavoidable. She has, in very little time, undermined the influence of her party’s entire right flank, driving less unhinged Republicans — most notably the House speaker, Mike Johnson — to brush back her and her ilk like the poo-flinging chaos monkeys they are.
Splitting the aid bill got the Ukraine part through with less than half of Republicans voting for it and nearly every Democrat.
On a less high-minded note, how delicious was it to see Ms. Greene on the steps of the Capitol on Saturday, raving about Mr. Johnson’s various “betrayals” and proclaiming him “a lame duck,” even as she hemmed and hawed about when she would move to oust him? All in good time, she said, insisting she felt moved to let her colleagues first “go home and hear from their constituents” over this week’s House recess. “I said from the beginning I’m going to be responsible with this,” she said, in what may be her most laughable line in weeks — a high bar for the House member known for her keen insights on Jewish space lasers.
Maria Bartiromo of Fox News asked her about her plans for ousting Mike Johnson. She was evasive about how to do that.
Ms. Greene’s crackerjack defense was to insist, “The people criticizing me are not the American people.” The American people “are outraged, and what they’re saying is they don’t want to vote for Republicans anymore,” she asserted, adding that “the Republican Party in charge right now, it’s no different than the Democrat Party.”

I think that she wants more fellow Republicans on her side, and not many of them are willing to join her. Could it be from their memories of the drama llama of electing a Speaker last year?

The right starts to reckon with its Marjorie Taylor Greene problem - The Washington Post
To briefly secure the job of House speaker 15 months ago, Kevin McCarthy made concessions that cost him that job and which continue to cost the Republican Party. McCarthy made it so that one member could force a vote to oust a speaker, for example, and he gave the hard right significant power on a Rules Committee that now gums up the works for leadership. There might have been plenty more included in this bargain; the full scale of it was for some reason kept secret.

High on that list is a more informal concession McCarthy made: legitimizing Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.). McCarthy did so in the name of trying to wrangle the conspiratorial right she effectively leads.
Right-wing news media is also turning against her.
  • The New York Post cover on Sunday blared “NYET, MOSCOW MARJORIE.” (Nyet is Russian for no.) It has recently run pieces calling her “Putin’s useful idiot” and referring to her plot against Johnson as a “lunatic case.”
  • A Fox News opinion columnist wrote a piece last week titled: “Marjorie Taylor Greene is an idiot. She is trying to wreck the GOP.”
  • The editorial board of the Wall Street Journal — like the New York Post and Fox, a property of the Murdoch media empire — recently christened her “Rep. Mayhem Taylor Greene” and said she “and her crew of vandals prefer to scream and throw soup at the walls.”
  • Even the staunchly pro-Donald Trump Newsmax recently ran a piece asking, “Who put Marjorie Taylor Greene in charge?”

Last month, Fox host Laura Ingraham played a clip of Greene talking about China buying up U.S. farmland and quipped: “I’m losing that caboose of thought there. God bless her.”

“How is this leading to reelecting President Trump? How is this leading to the American people believing that the Republicans can govern?” Bartiromo asked Greene, adding later: “I guess what I’m saying is, how does this help keeping a majority in the House? How does this help by electing your candidate — you know, your candidate?”

The same day on Fox, former GOP congressman Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) said a Greene remark “sounds like a Democrat attack ad.” Former congressman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) added, “Yes. I didn’t hear the name [Democratic House leader] Hakeem Jeffries come out of her lips and talk about the frustration that she has for the Democrats.”

Guess who likes her.

Russian State TV Gushes Over Marjorie Taylor Greene: 'A Beauty'

Russian State TV Calls MTG a Fur-Wearing 'Beauty' - "Russian state TV has found itself a fur-clad, 'demonstratively heterosexual' GOP 'beauty' to fawn over: Marjorie Taylor Greene"
"Marjorie Taylor Greene, you've just shown is a beauty. She is one of a few members of the US Congress who is trying to look like a person in an old-fashioned sense of the word," Margarita Simonyan, the editor-in-chief of Russian state-controlled broadcaster RT, said of Greene.

"She is a blonde, who wears white coats with a fur collar. She is demonstratively heterosexual," Simonyan continued.

I watched a documentary on CNN last night about the rise of White Christian Nationalism. MTG was standing in front of a large group of crazies yelling that there was no such thing as the Separation of Church and State. I guess that's no surprise, but these dumbass people are a bit scary, considering the conspiracy theories and shit they believe and they have MTG leading the way to help try to establish a Christian theocracy, in what was once a fairly secular country with a lot of Christians in it.

Back
Top Bottom