• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) accused Republicans who voted against censuring Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) of hiding “behind excuses,” while launching several personal insults at the opposing members in a series of tweets Thursday, the latest spat to showcase Greene’s falling out with the far-right.

Greene tweeted a list of the names of the 23 Republicans who voted to table the motion that would have formally censured Tlaib, the only Palestinian American in Congress, for participating in an October 18 protest at the Capitol calling for a ceasefire in the Israel-Hamas war last month: “the country will just keep imploding, and Republicans will do nothing,” Greene wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter.

She also launched direct insults at some members of the far-right Freedom Caucus, which voted to remove her over a public feud with Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) and Greene’s alliance with former House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.).

Greene rebuked Freedom Caucus member Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) for voting to table the censure against Tlaib, who Greene called a “terrorist,” but voting in favor of kicking her out of the Freedom Caucus, writing “you hate Trump, certified Biden’s election and could care less about J6 defendants being persecuted” and calling Roy “Colonel Sanders.”

She also accused Roy of wanting to keep “CNN wannabe Ken Buck,” the Colorado Republican House member who announced his retirement Wednesday, and “vaping groping Lauren Boebert” in the caucus, referring to an incident at a Denver theater in September when Boebert was kicked out of a Bettlejuice performance and caught on surveillance camera vaping and suggestively grabbing her date.

Greene also doubled down on her comparison of the January 6 insurrection to the October 18 Capitol protest, despite objections from a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers: “If Jan 6th was an insurrection so was Oct 18th,” she wrote on X (approximately 300 people were arrested on October 18, most for demonstrating inside of a Capitol office building, while more than 800 people have been convicted or pleaded guilty in connection with the January 6 Capitol riots, which left 140 law enforcement officers injured and five dead).
She's like the drunk at the end of the bar grumbling about politics. Definitely not a congress person.

People still watch Bill Maher? Wow.
I wish more people did.
A year from now, many will be saying "Koch and the Christian Nationalists now have more political power than ever . . . but it was worth it! We got Dr. Seuss's best book banned!"

Really?
I liked Horton, despised Mayzie Bird and was glad for the final outcome.
What’s the fucking problem?

Really?

Sorry for being subtle.
I was referring to Horton as Seuss' best book.
Tom

ETA ~I'm pretty sure shadowy man was referring to the Grinch. I dunno~

Really?

Sorry for being subtle.
Tom

Oh, I got that - living under a rock as I do though, this is the first I knew of poor Horton’s victimization. Goddam Republitards.

Really?

Sorry for being subtle.
Tom

Oh, I got that - living under a rock as I do though, this is the first I knew of poor Horton’s victimization. Goddam Republitards.
What a pinko commie librl.

You probably kept your Dixie Chicks cassettes.
Tom

I got in trouble for calling them the Chixies on a morning radio show. Not because I called them that but because I was giving them props. But the name was mgmt’s excuse.

I wish more people did.
A year from now, many will be saying "Koch and the Christian Nationalists now have more political power than ever . . . but it was worth it! We got Dr. Seuss's best book banned!"
Bill Maher is a left wing Tucker Carlson. There are a lot of better ways to be informed than to listen to that pontificating fuckwit.

Spoiler alert:
It was And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street I was thinking of -- a special book which resonated with my own psyche. It's out of print now, because it used the word "Chinaman."

I wish more people did.
Bill Maher is a left wing Tucker Carlson. There are a lot of better ways to be informed than to listen to that pontificating fuckwit.

Can I hijack this thread for a quick poll question?
Please, anyone who responds:

__ (1) Do you agree that Maher is a pontificating fuckwit?
__ (2) What are your main complaints about Bill Maher?

Help me think out of the box here. Could a Biden-Cheney unity ticket perhaps make sense for 2024?

Spoiler alert:
It was And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street I was thinking of -- a special book which resonated with my own psyche. It's out of print now, because it used the word "Chinaman."

Infidels will be irked that I cite that weird book-banning ; especially in a context where I seem to come down on the Hatreds/Hypocrisy side of the binary divide all too apparent today.

Of course I don't give any support to the Hatreds/Hypocrisy party and their "anti-Woke" appeal.
But other voters, even stupider than I, do. Progressives may need to slow down, temporarily, in order to ally with rational centrists and together face the urgent threat from the Trumpo-Nazis. Perhaps a Newsom-Cheney ticket?

Anything.
Trump has a lock on more than 30% of the electorate. About 40% is locked onto anyone but Trump.
Anything but Joe Biden will beat him, and Joe might beat him too. But let’s not make the mistake of thinking Republicans aren’t going to cheat every way they can, with zero regard for whether or not they get caught.

Back
Top Bottom