• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Marjorie Taylor Greene case

Marjorie Taylor Greene brags about flouting House mask rules: 'I'm up to almost $90,000 in fines' - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
"I think it's obvious with the high amount of cases, Covid has continued," Greene told Newsmax, "and there are very shutdown areas that masking doesn't work and there are studies that show that as well as vaccinated people continuing to catch Covid. And that's very concerning to me."

"I'm very much against masks, especially for children," she continued. "I think it's awful to mask children when they virtually have no threat from Covid. They need to be free to speak, smile and learn. And the only way they can do that is without a mask on their face."

"I'm up to almost $90,000 in fines because I believe as a representative, in order to represent the people, I have to be willing to do it myself. And that's why I don't wear a mask. I'm just trying to fight the fight for the people who are against it."
noting
Jason Campbell on Twitter: "Marjorie Taylor Greene brags "I take the fines on the House floor. I'm up to almost $90,000 in fines" (vid link)" / Twitter
She seems like some spoiled brat.
She is--she's a small-town rich-girl.

Liz Harrington on Twitter: "NEW! President Donald J. Trump: ..." / Twitter
Twitter is a disgrace to democracy. They shouldn't be allowed to do business in this Country. Marjorie Taylor Greene has a huge constituency of honest, patriotic, hard-working people. They don't deserve what's happened to them on places like low-life Twitter and Facebook. Everybody should drop off of Twitter and Facebook. They're boring, have only a Radical Left point of view, and are hated by everyone. They are a disgrace to our Nation. Keep fighting, Marjorie!

I agree. Everybody should drop off of Twitter and Facebook.
YAAaaaawn.
Yeah, uh, conservatives should leave the place that's kicking them out? As a protest to being kicked out...? Supporting MTG's vital fight against, hang on, i wrote it down, against being censored by liberal mefia.

This isn't 'suicide by cop,' this is 'i broke up with her before she broke up with me.'

Marjorie Taylor Greene
. "I think it's awful to mask children when they virtually have no threat from Covid. They need to be free to speak, smile and learn. And the only way they can do that is without a mask on their face."
Marj cannot learn if she's masked?
I mean, the other day, we were driving in a little blizzard. I reached over and turned the radio down.
Wife: Did you just turn the radio down to see the road better?
Keith: Shutup your face.

I do not know why i did that, but it seemed like a logical choice. Until i reexamined it 4.5 seconds later.
Maybe MTG lacks that 'do you hear yourself talking?' instinct?

Liz Harrington on Twitter: "NEW! President Donald J. Trump: ..." / Twitter
Twitter is a disgrace to democracy. They shouldn't be allowed to do business in this Country. Marjorie Taylor Greene has a huge constituency of honest, patriotic, hard-working people. They don't deserve what's happened to them on places like low-life Twitter and Facebook. Everybody should drop off of Twitter and Facebook. They're boring, have only a Radical Left point of view, and are hated by everyone. They are a disgrace to our Nation. Keep fighting, Marjorie!

I agree. Everybody should drop off of Twitter and Facebook.
YAAaaaawn.
Yeah, uh, conservatives should leave the place that's kicking them out? As a protest to being kicked out...? Supporting MTG's vital fight against, hang on, i wrote it down, against being censored by liberal mefia.

This isn't 'suicide by cop,' this is 'i broke up with her before she broke up with me.'
Heh, speaking of refusing to cover things…
Anyone see FOX news today Jan 6?
You may be surprised to learn that George Soros is a vewy vewy bad man!
January WHATTHEHELL? Nothing to see there, move right along…

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) on Tuesday floated resorting to using the "Second Amendment" to deal with Democrats who are imposing what she described as a "tyrannical" government.

While speaking with right-wing media personality Sebastian Gorka, Greene slammed Georgia Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams for her policies regarding both vaccines and gun rights.

Greene then pivoted to talking about how Americans are guaranteed the right to bear arms to resist such supposed tyranny.

"Ultimately the truth is it’s our Second Amendment rights, our right to bear arms, that protects Americans and give us the ability to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government," she said. "And I hate to use this language but Democrats, they’re exactly -- they’re doing exactly what our Founders talked about when they gave us the precious rights that we have.”

Are those fines deducted from her pay-check?

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) on Tuesday floated resorting to using the "Second Amendment" to deal with Democrats who are imposing what she described as a "tyrannical" government.

Does this threat violate a federal law? Even if not, it should qualify her for the Secret Service's watch-list.

Indeed they are.

Greene and Clyde Rack Up Fines for Defying House’s Mask Mandate - The New York Times
Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene and Andrew Clyde, both R-GA. Most other Republicans have gone along with masking, even if very grudgingly.
To date, the two have incurred more than $100,000 combined in fines, which are taken directly from their paychecks.

A resolution approved by the House in January says that members will be fined $500 the first time they fail to wear a mask on the House floor, and $2,500 for subsequent violations. The House Ethics Committee notes each fine in a news release, but Ms. Greene’s and Mr. Clyde’s violations were so numerous that the panel began announcing theirs in bunches.

Ms. Greene, who has said she is unvaccinated, called the mask requirement “communist,” “tyrannical” and “authoritarian.”

“The American people have had enough and are standing up against these outrageous and unconstitutional policies,” she said in a statement.

Ms. Greene has been fined more than 30 times for violating the mask rules, accumulating more than $80,000 in penalties, according to her office. She was fined five days in a row during one stretch this fall.

'I'm so appalled': Marjorie Taylor Greene loses it after Joe Biden calls Jan. 6 'darkest day' - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
"I'd like to first talk about what President Biden talked about when he said the 'darkest days leading to light and hope,'" Greene told conservative broadcaster Steve Bannon. "I was so appalled at that because I truly feel like the darkest days in America have been over this past year and a half. It's been horrific."

"Right now in America, darkest days, you want to talk about what that means," she continued. "That means their jobs have been sold out to foreign countries. Our borders are being invaded. Families are being ripped and torn apart because of the appalling attack on our culture and our religious values that build our traditional family values."

Greene added: "You know what darkest days are? Darkest days are when you discriminate against Americans who choose to make decisions based on their own health and how they feel, what should be done with their bodies and on behalf of their children. And they're being fired from their jobs. There's ridiculous Covid passports and mandates and put in place, making it impossible for people to function in life. Those are darkest days! Darkest days is when truth is cast out and people are kicked off social media platforms and when a private corporation declares itself bigger than the government of the country that it exists in and gave it freedom to create such a platform."
All because of President Biden, she repeatedly insisted.
"The only way to lead our country into light and hope is to embrace God, who created everything that we know," Greene concluded. "But then to go further than that, to defeat this fascism that exists in control and power in our country. Defeat communism and stop this unbelievable attack on our freedoms, on our Constitution and that's what we're doing today."
That entity isn't being very talkative.

Marjorie Taylor Greene suggests using “Second Amendment rights” against Democrats | Salon.com
"Ultimately the truth is it's our Second Amendment rights, our right to bear arms, that protects Americans and give us the ability to defend ourselves from a tyrannical government," Greene said in a podcast interview with former Trump aide Sebastian Gorka, while discussing Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams' calls for stricter gun regulations. "And I hate to use this language but Democrats, they're exactly — they're doing exactly what our founders talked about when they gave us the precious rights that we have."
She quickly defended her comment.
"No one wants violence and I say all the time I am not a violent person," she told Gorka. "I hope to never see a civil war in this country and that's why you hear me toss around 'national divorce.' The federal government has grown so big and the Democrats are willing to use the power of the federal government, that it really violates people's rights."
She is far from alone among Republican politicians.
Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., during a rally with Greene last year, urged supporters to "use" their gun rights to fight government tyranny while stoking debunked election conspiracy theories.

"We have a Second Amendment in this country, and I think we have an obligation to use it," Gaetz said, adding that the amendment is "not about hunting, it's not about recreation, it's not about sports." Instead, he said, the Second Amendment protects "the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government if that becomes necessary."

Former President Donald Trump, during his 2016 campaign, famously suggested that "Second Amendment people" could take matters into their own hands if Hillary Clinton won the election.

Rep. Madison Cawthorn, R-N.C., last summer predicted there would be "bloodshed" in future elections while stoking debunked conspiracy theories that the 2020 race had been "rigged" and "stolen." Rep. Mo Brooks, R-Ala., who has been linked to the planning of the Trump rally that preceded the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, said one day after the attack that the only options in response to "lost faith in the ballot box" is either to "submit" or "you can resist, often through violence."

'Needy' Marjorie Taylor Greene bashed by her own followers after she begs to be let back on Twitter - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism

Marjorie Taylor Greene on GETTR: "Twitter forgot abo..."
Twitter forgot about the 2 times they accidentally suspended my account this past year.
That means I’ve only had 3 strikes in their 5 strike system.
Twitter has to reinstate my account immediately.

javiierbear on GETTR: "@MTG4America Dick them. Don't ..."
"Dick them. Don't post things like this, it makes you sound needy."

KellyJ61 on GETTR: "@MTG4America Why bother? Twitter ..."
"Why bother? Twitter is full of sheep"

Springer197 on GETTR: "@MTG4America Begging twitter t..."
"Begging twitter to reinstate your account is beneath you. I never went to your page there because of the vile trash that was constantly dumping on you. So why? Same reason I never went on trumps twitter."

Someone else:
"Just leave that sh*t show and support conservative media outlets. We the people need to replace leftist thought control were ever it is."

'That really hurt my feelings': Marjorie Taylor Greene is still upset about 'Jewish space lasers' - Raw Story - Celebrating 17 Years of Independent Journalism
The phrase "Jewish space lasers" became widely used by outlets last year after Media Matters found that Greene had blamed orbital lasers for wildfires in California. She claimed in a Facebook post that the lasers had been funded in part by the Rothschilds, a wealthy Jewish family.

During an interview with Mike Huckabee earlier this year, Greene reflected on the way she had been represented by the press.

"Terrible attacks, especially about silly things about something called 'Jewish space lasers,'" Greene said. "That was a term I had never used in my life but someone wrote an article and then they copied and pasted and put it all across the media."

"That really hurt my feelings," she added. "Because I'm a Christian and I would never say anything against any group of people, especially Israel. I would never do that."
Space lasers financed by Jewish bankers who are supposedly part of a Jewish plot to rule the world -> Jewish space lasers.

Noting
Marjorie Taylor Greene penned conspiracy theory that a laser beam from space started deadly 2018 California wildfire | Media Matters for America
In November 2018, California was hit with the worst wildfire in the state’s history. At the time, future Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) wrote a bizarre Facebook post that echoed QAnon conspiracy theorists and falsely claimed that the real and hidden culprit behind the disaster was a laser from space triggered by some nefarious group of people.

Dan Bongino joins Donald Trump and MTG in the right-wing Big Tech martyrdom club.

YouTube permanently bans Dan Bongino for posting covid-19 misinformation - The Washington Post
"The conservative media figure already has a bigger following on video streaming platform Rumble"
Bongino did not respond to a request for comment, but a Twitter account associated with one of his shows posted a tweet saying, “Good riddance to YouTube.” Bongino had around 870,000 subscribers on YouTube but has over 2 million on Rumble, a video platform popular with right-wing figures who say Big Tech is censoring them. He had threatened to leave YouTube before the ban.

Bongino is one of a small handful of conservative figures who have been handed permanent suspensions from the big social media companies. President Donald Trump was permanently suspended from Twitter after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Twitter also permanently banned Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) this month after she also repeatedly posted false information about the coronavirus, though she is still able to use her official congressional Twitter account. For the most part, the social media companies have instead opted for short-term suspensions. Trump is also banned from Facebook and YouTube, but the companies have both left the door open to letting him return.

In her defense, I think she deflected it off, rather than laughed at it. She should have suggested that talking about explosives and Government isn't positive. But this is a Fascist after all.

Back
Top Bottom