• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The mother of all dog whistles

Except I don't think they should be "removed from society." I'd like for them to be held accountable for their behavior, not for their skin color or ethnicity or idiotic conspiracy theories that they're controlling society from behind the scenes.

But of course, once again, when right wing authoritarians' obvious faults are pointed out, all they've got is "No, YOU."

They're being called bloodthirsty, murderous, obedient morons because THAT IS HOW THEY ARE BEHAVING.

And I don't know how you would recognize fascism. I don't think and your ilk would be able to tell if you're being manipulated by fascist messaging and your fears and prejudices hijacked. How would you know?

You hear Trump every day sending out the same kinds of dog whistles, making the same promises to harm the people you hate and fear, praising the murderous actions of his ultra-gullible, hate-driven base. But I don't think you have the capacity to recognize any of that.

So, since Trump's supporters aren't even human, and anyone who isn't a Biden supporter is a Trump supporter (by some unknown supernatural process) what should be done with all these sub-human vermin?

So, what the fuck makes you seriously present the above as though it were rational thinking?

Or is this a game of 'see how many logical fallacies it takes to completely invert my opponent's position'?

Except I don't think they should be "removed from society." I'd like for them to be held accountable for their behavior, not for their skin color or ethnicity or idiotic conspiracy theories that they're controlling society from behind the scenes.

But of course, once again, when right wing authoritarians' obvious faults are pointed out, all they've got is "No, YOU."

They're being called bloodthirsty, murderous, obedient morons because THAT IS HOW THEY ARE BEHAVING.

And I don't know how you would recognize fascism. I don't think and your ilk would be able to tell if you're being manipulated by fascist messaging and your fears and prejudices hijacked. How would you know?

You hear Trump every day sending out the same kinds of dog whistles, making the same promises to harm the people you hate and fear, praising the murderous actions of his ultra-gullible, hate-driven base. But I don't think you have the capacity to recognize any of that.

So, since Trump's supporters aren't even human, and anyone who isn't a Biden supporter is a Trump supporter (by some unknown supernatural process) what should be done with all these sub-human vermin?

So, what the fuck makes you seriously present the above as though it were rational thinking?

Or is this a game of 'see how many logical fallacies it takes to completely invert my opponent's position'?

I mean, I'm pretty sure that no matter how many times that Trump (or for that matter, jason) give me reasons to doubt they are "people" in the ethical sense, I will still keep treating them as if they MAY be people, or may some day become them. Because it's like ethics: the appearance of impropriety is impropriety and the seeming appearance of personhood is sufficient for treatment of personhood.

Nope, you're overthinking this. It's simply projection.

I'm trying to fit in with the new regime. With Keith Olbermann saying Trump supporters are maggots who need to be removed from society, and Robert Reich saying we need truth commissions, I want to make sure I'm not in the cross-hairs.

Elixir has been trying for months to recruit me to Trump.

I'm trying to fit in with the new regime. With Keith Olbermann saying Trump supporters are maggots who need to be removed from society, and Robert Reich saying we need truth commissions, I want to make sure I'm not in the cross-hairs.

Don't worry. You're safe. (edited) :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Meh. That's all hot air.

It sounds like you are doing the bully thing where they assume that everyone would bully if they got the chance and they are terrified of being treated the same way they just treated others. And in the next breath they say Dems are weakies who never do anything. Tempest in a teapot.

No two ways about it, my friends and I do look at Trumpettes we know with curiosity, and it doesn't go away. In the case of one friend, the Trumpette is her sister. With me, it includes some prim 'n' proper born again cousins.
So, if it's a Trumpette and me, we're both looking at the same turd, but the Trumpette sees a cupcake. Try as I may, I can't make them see the turd (or really, the news and current events can't make them see it, because I won't try.) I want them to think, well, if we clean that turd up, the environment will be safer and more pleasant. If we leave that turd out, or go to a rally and gaze at the turd onstage, other countries will wonder when we'll ever regain our fucking sanity.
If I'm at, say, the Y, and I overhear the next swimmer over say something Trumpy, I just think, OK, how do I steer the conversation over to coffee?

Just for clarity's sake, this is what Olberman tweeted:

DON’T RT THIS VIDEO: THE MAGGOTS ARE MAD AT ME: Trump’s lie that Regeneron “cured” his Covid is also a scam: HE OWNED STOCK IN THE COMPANY; the CEO is a pal. And, what matters is Coney Barrett’s lies. Worst Person In The World #4 here: https://youtu.be/BJb_OCETP9s Short Version below:

and this is what Reich tweeted:

When this nightmare is over, we need a Truth and Reconciliation Commission. It would erase Trump’s lies, comfort those who have been harmed by his hatefulness, and name every official, politician, executive, and media mogul whose greed and cowardice enabled this catastrophe.

I don't see what Jason is worried about, unless he's been telling lies about Regeneron on behalf of President Trump and his pals.

Well, I assumed this was an attempt at humor. My apologies.

Don't worry. You're safe. We give leniency to those with mental health issues. :D

Nice to know that you advocate leniency for Donald should he ever run into a spot of serious legal trouble.

You never read any Ayn Rand? She's an exalted goddess of the Libberpublican religion, especially among the "I'm not a Trumpsucker" sub-cult.

Back
Top Bottom