• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Next in the Ted Cruz Excellent Adventure Series

starwater

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Moving to the 4th Dimension
Ted thinks Bud Light Needs "Investigating"

Apparently Ted thinks that Bud Light violated the law because the transgender promoting a beer was targeting youth. The Bud Light commercial apparently was so offensive that Anheuser Busch needs "Congressional Oversight".

Its obvious he is trolling for far right votes. This is once again cancel culture by a different name.

Is this "Cancun Cruz", born in Canada, to a Cuban father,

who's real name is Raphael?

Is that who were talking about here?

Tom

I was thinking I drink a lot of beer, but then someone told me that Bud Light was only like tap water... not actually tap water. I was reading an article on Bud Light sales dropping in America... for years (so no... not get woke, get broke Brandon stuff). The winners of this? Mexican beer brewers.
Canadians proudly drink Moosehead beer. None of these awful light American swill beers.

I am glad Senator Cruz concentrates on the mist pressing and important issues facing the US like the marketing campaign of a light beer. It reveals the level of his competence.

And if the Republicans have ever stood for anything it is strong government oversight and regulation of corporations.

Canadians proudly drink Moosehead beer. None of these awful light American swill beers.
There was a Monty Python stage show that had an appropriate line

”your American beers are like making love in a canoe”

”Making love in a cano?”

”Yea, fucking close to water”

Can teddy explain why a business would spend time and money marketing to people that can’t actually buy their product? I don’t remember a lot of car commercials during my Saturday morning cartoons.

Marketing beer to minors is, in fact, illegal.
And pointless.

In my experience, miners drink a lot of beer whether or not it's marketed to them.

Oh, wait.

Minors.

nm
When I was a minor - we drank whatever we could get our hands on. We did not care what brand it was. And yes we drank all the time.

He is also sponsor of a bill that REQUIRES car manufacturers to include AM Radio. So much for being the party of 'deregulation'. He is such a putts.

Back when I was in college, a few people refered to "monkey juice". The concept was going to a grocery store and buying the cheapest beer available. Even if it was ghastly off brand swill. Better yet if it was on sale.

He is also sponsor of a bill that REQUIRES car manufacturers to include AM Radio. So much for being the party of 'deregulation'. He is such a putts.
Actually, I can see a reason for this. Several times I have seen low power government-run AM radio stations that provide an update on conditions in some high-use area. I've also seen them providing information about construction zones. (Obviously, in every case I'm talking about the signs telling you about them, I've never seen the actual transmitters.)

There should be some easier way to tune such stations, though--my previous car you couldn't simply select a frequency, you had to scan the spectrum and record stations. Fine for local driving, not so fine for travel and pretty much useless when you see one of those signs directing you to the information transmitter. I don't even know how it works on my current car--I have had no reason to look.

Actually, I can see a reason for this. Several times I have seen low power government-run AM radio stations that provide an update on conditions in some high-use area. I've also seen them providing information about construction zones. (Obviously, in every case I'm talking about the signs telling you about them, I've never seen the actual transmitters.)

There should be some easier way to tune such stations, though--my previous car you couldn't simply select a frequency, you had to scan the spectrum and record stations. Fine for local driving, not so fine for travel and pretty much useless when you see one of those signs directing you to the information transmitter. I don't even know how it works on my current car--I have had no reason to look.
I agree with everything you just posted. I just don't believe any of it is Cruz's reason/motive for such regulation. His method of dealing with extreme conditions historically is simply "be somewhere else".

I agree with everything you just posted. I just don't believe any of it is Cruz's reason/motive for such regulation. His method of dealing with extreme conditions historically is simply "be somewhere else".
Yeah, I think it's stopped-clock reasoning. However, I'm not talking about extreme conditions, mostly it's just normal operating conditions. I recall one entering Zion National Park some years ago, it had things like talking about the shuttle buses, what stops were open and what weren't etc. Useful information for the average visitor that didn't plan too well.

Back
Top Bottom