• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Patriot Purge

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
Tucker Carlson's attempt to whitewashe the January 6th insurrection.

"InSurEctIon"

FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

If the issue is whether these people were engaged in insurrection (a violent overthrow of the US gov't), coordination is irrelevant.

"InSurEctIon"

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

So, you are saying the insurrection wasn't organized except for the parts of it that were organized?

What a surprise, conservatives were disorganized. Four years of the Trump administration told us that.

Isn't being treasonously like-minded sufficient for prosecution? Or do we need meeting minutes from a planning session wherein the killing and maiming of police and thwarting of Constitutional process were explicit objectives?

I'm sorry to say but I think that the left is focusing on the wrong issue here. Are we getting short term political capital by focusing on these buffoons', yes. But I think that people are getting bored. At the end of the day, these rioters are idiots with little impact. They are losers. Why are we ignoring the real threat to democracy here? Why are we ignoring the real issue? The real issue is that a large group of extremely prominent republicans tried to throw the election. It was deliberate, calculated and fucking wrong. 1) A large group of representatives and a few senators tried to de-certify the results of the electoral college. This was a blatant call to throw the election. Decertifying the election would throw the election to the state houses, where Trump would win. Republicans mostly control the state houses. If this had happened, this could have had dire consequences for our democracy. Any republican connected to this effort should be kicked out of office. 2) Texan republican's tried decertify the election results from Wisconsin and Arizona. Why? Because they nominated Biden. And to decertify their votes would return Trump to the presidency. Any republican connected to this effort should be kicked out of office. Finally, Trump and many of his allies promoted numerous false claims and conspiracy theories that the election was stolen via an international communist conspiracy, rigged voting machines and electoral fraud. These charges have greatly damaged the trust in our system. Any republican connected to this effort should be kicked out of office and never allowed to run again.

The above is what is really threatening our democracy. Not the Jan 6 buffoons.

I'm sorry to say but I think that the left is focusing on the wrong issue here. Are we getting short term political capital by focusing on these buffoons', yes. But I think that people are getting bored. At the end of the day, these rioters are idiots with little impact. They are losers.
They were business owners, managers. These weren't yokels. These are people that bought into a narrative that the election was stolen and were convinced of it despite not a shred of evidence. They went to DC looking to overturn the election, they just thought there would be support in the way of the military.
Why are we ignoring the real threat to democracy here? Why are we ignoring the real issue? The real issue is that a large group of extremely prominent republicans tried to throw the election. It was deliberate, calculated and fucking wrong.
True, this is a massively disturbing revelation. We knew that they were lying and pressuring to impact the election results, but we didn't realize how coordinated the inner group was. Trump called the SoS of Georgia and told him to find some votes. And there are no consequences. That frightens me.

Several dozen GOP Representatives voted to try and get EVs down enough to force the House to decide. Because of fraud that again, didn't exist, with no cases going to Federal Court by the Trump campaign.

Nothing wrong happened, and they (elected GOP'ers) attempted to overthrow an election because of a completely made up problem.

"InSurEctIon"

The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials Republicans.

FIFY.

But do note that two of the Republican insurrectionists who tried to overthrow our democracy are naming names like Louie Gohmert and Marjorie Traitor Greene.

So, who should we trust, your Republicans who are trying to hush things or the other Republicans who tried to overthrow the government?

Tough decisions!

"InSurEctIon"

Really now, a whole bunch of people randomly got together and stormed the capital???

No, it's the puppetmasters were careful to not be obviously implicated.

"InSurEctIon"

I thought we no longer needed evidence to support our assertions. At least that's what I've been hearing about elections.

I'm sorry to say but I think that the left is focusing on the wrong issue here. Are we getting short term political capital by focusing on these buffoons', yes. But I think that people are getting bored. At the end of the day, these rioters are idiots with little impact. They are losers. Why are we ignoring the real threat to democracy here? Why are we ignoring the real issue? The real issue is that a large group of extremely prominent republicans tried to throw the election. It was deliberate, calculated and fucking wrong. 1) A large group of representatives and a few senators tried to de-certify the results of the electoral college. This was a blatant call to throw the election. Decertifying the election would throw the election to the state houses, where Trump would win. Republicans mostly control the state houses. If this had happened, this could have had dire consequences for our democracy. Any republican connected to this effort should be kicked out of office. 2) Texan republican's tried decertify the election results from Wisconsin and Arizona. Why? Because they nominated Biden. And to decertify their votes would return Trump to the presidency. Any republican connected to this effort should be kicked out of office. Finally, Trump and many of his allies promoted numerous false claims and conspiracy theories that the election was stolen via an international communist conspiracy, rigged voting machines and electoral fraud. These charges have greatly damaged the trust in our system. Any republican connected to this effort should be kicked out of office and never allowed to run again.

I wasn't aware that the various attempts to delegitimize the election were being ignored. If so, why do events and arguments relating to them keep popping up in my news feed?

I don't know what you mean by "kicked out of office", though. The only legal means for doing so are through the voting power of their constituents when they come up for re-election, and I presume the Democrats will in fact be trying to unseat the guilty parties. As for "never allowed to run again", there are no legal means for demanding that.

I wasn't aware that the various attempts to delegitimize the election were being ignored. If so, why do events and arguments relating to them keep popping up in my news feed?

I don't know what you mean by "kicked out of office", though. The only legal means for doing so are through the voting power of their constituents when they come up for re-election, and I presume the Democrats will in fact be trying to unseat the guilty parties. As for "never allowed to run again", there are no legal means for demanding that.
The Constitution does provide for Congress to expel its members. It takes 2/3 I think so not likely to actually happen in these instances but still legally possible.

The Constitution does provide for Congress to expel its members. It takes 2/3 I think so not likely to actually happen in these instances but still legally possible.
I know, but on what grounds? It can't just be dislike, and they've done nothing illegal in this case.

I know, but on what grounds? It can't just be dislike, and they've done nothing illegal in this case.

If any congresscritters provided aid or support for the 1/6 crowd (before or after the fact), Section 3 of the 14th Amendment can be applied:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

"InSurEctIon"

Really now, a whole bunch of people randomly got together and stormed the capital???

No, it's the puppetmasters were careful to not be obviously implicated.
This reeks like the good ole, "President Bush never said 'Iraq was involved in 9/11'" claims. The 1/6 defenders couldn't possibly be less genuine with their defenses.

If any congresscritters provided aid or support for the 1/6 crowd (before or after the fact), Section 3 of the 14th Amendment can be applied:

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."
100% agreed on that point, though unfortunately, actual criminal acts are usually the one form of malfeasance congressman are most willing to absolve each other of. The last professional courtesy in an increasingly unchivalrous age; they'll threaten to lock each other up over imagined slights hyped up on social media, because they imagine it will get them some of that press and won't really go anywhere (not always true once the public catches wind), but when it comes time to actually lay down criminal charges, suddenly they're all concerned with procedure, civility, and politesse. Because if one of them is held accountable to the law, any of them might be next.

Back
Top Bottom