• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The promise of Christian Nationalism

Q:

Does anyone here know Rump's record/stance on Native-American issues?
Venomous, mostly. Destroying opposition to the Keystone pipeline project was one major campaign promise that he actually followed through on; he never finished his border wall, another campaign promise, but he did succeed in doing enormous damage to the natural and cultural resources of Tohono O'odham territory where the national border bisects it. He ended the practice of the White House Tribal Leaders Conference, and tried to kill the WHCNAA as well. He did sign two bills which recognized tribes previously denied governmental recognition, though, while denying a third. He announced or supported oil and gas development against Native opposition in quite a few areas, most notoriously a site called Oak Flat; Trump tried to expedite permitting in order to get the copper flowing before Biden could take office and decline it. Most of the more egregious damage Trump did was rectified by Biden's administration, but Trump's position is unchanged, and we can assume that a 2nd term would kick off a renewed assault on Native land sovereignty.

Last edited:
Q:

Venomous, mostly.... ... Trump's position is unchanged, and we can assume that a 2nd term would kick off a renewed assault on Native land sovereignty.
All important reasons for YOU to vote against Rump. Thank you for this answer.

Q:

Venomous, mostly.... ... Trump's position is unchanged, and we can assume that a 2nd term would kick off a renewed assault on Native land sovereignty.
All important reasons for YOU to vote against Rump. Thank you for this answer.

I continue to stand by what I actually said, which was not "I plan to cast a vote for Trump", but rather:
No one is owed a vote on the sole basis of not being the other candidate, and talking as though they are is only going to further alienate those voters who are already uncertain about whether they can justify voting for either candidate.
Running a campaign that promises nothing except for an alternative to Trump is political suicide.

True in Native country too, at least as it comes to my ears. Biden is polling very well among NDNs and allies, and will probably continue to do so, but it's because he has done concrete things to benefit indigenous peoples. Not solely because he isn't Trump. Plenty of Native folks are socially conservative, Christian evangelicals; these kinds of vague scare tactics would not be enough on their own.

Running a campaign that promises nothing except for an alternative to Trump is political suicide.
Only if you believe Rump actually stands for something, or for anything he says he stands for
For those who can see Rump is full of shit, being an alternative is a positive.
But then again. I've always needed to vote against the greater of evils.

We have seen both Rump and Biden in the office. It should be clear which has more integrity.
Their character alone is the only issue. "I'm not Him." says it all.

Only if you believe Rump actually stands for something, or for anything he says he stands for
For those who can see Rump is full of shit, being an alternative is a positive.
But then again. I've always needed to vote against the greater of evils.

We have seen both Rump and Biden in the office. It should be clear which has more integrity.
Their character alone is the only issue. "I'm not Him." says it all.
And how often does that work? As a political strategy?

I continue to stand by what I actually said, which was not "I plan to cast a vote for Trump", but rather:
No one is owed a vote on the sole basis of not being the other candidate, and talking as though they are is only going to further alienate those voters who are already uncertain about whether they can justify voting for either candidate.
Frankly, any vote for anyone other than Biden is a vote for Trump. It's sad you don't realize that.

Frankly, any vote for anyone other than Biden is a vote for Trump. It's sad you don't realize that.
If you're too dumb to able to count higher than two, yes.

More candidates doesn't change the fact of my statement.

Q:

My guess is that because he's going to give mouth service to christofascists and that means back to the bad old days for the heathens.

The one thing you can count on that fucker to do, no matter who you are, is to fuck you over.

More candidates doesn't change the fact of my statement.
That's what I just don't understand... Like, we know that election is zero-sum. It is engineered to be zero-sum.

All the zero-sum considerations must be taken in when voting, including the fact that not voting for the most likely-to-win alternative to the one you don't want to win is voting for the one you don't want to win.

All the zero-sum considerations must be taken in when voting, including the fact that not voting for the most likely-to-win alternative to the one you don't want to win is voting for the one you don't want to win.
...and that voting at all in an overwhelmingly blue or red state is futile, so it really doesn't matter.

Any Californian vote, no matter for whom it is cast, is a vote for Biden. So is not voting at all, if you are a Californian.

There is no plausible scenario in which anyone other than Biden gets a single EV from CA.

...and that voting at all in an overwhelmingly blue or red state is futile, so it really doesn't matter.

Any Californian vote, no matter for whom it is cast, is a vote for Biden. So is not voting at all, if you are a Californian.

There is no plausible scenario in which anyone other than Biden gets a single EV from CA.
Except that it does matter.

The more strongly the majority mandates against the turd, the less likely the turd and their party succeeds. Also, down ballot votes are important.

Are we forgetting that California has a massive conservative population up north, as well as having taken a lot of conservative Texan transplants lately?

Not caring like that is how blue states go purple, then red.

Except that it does matter.

The more strongly the majority mandates against the turd, the less likely the turd and their party succeeds. Also, down ballot votes are important.
Then Biden should attempt to win the election.

Dang you Trumpistas are awesome.

Biden is not doing enough to get Americans going again, and attempt to win the election!
Obviously, that's why he's not all that popular with people like you .

Dang.
Tom

Biden is not doing enough to get Americans going again, and attempt to win the election!

Dang.
Tom
Did I say that? What thread are you even reading?

Dang.
Tom
The one I quoted.
Tom
You don't feel it is on Biden to... run a campaign?

Dang.
Tom
The one I quoted.
Tom
You don't feel it is on Biden to... run a campaign?
I think he is.

Biden is running the USA, competently.

I realize that you have other issues and agendas. But the fact remains that I want a competent president, even if it's an old white dude.
You might not think that running the USA in competent fashion qualifies as running a campaign, but I do.
Tom

Back
Top Bottom