• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

The Race For 2024

You'll notice no Campaign spending on ads by Trump. One reason? The narcissistic fuck put Lara Trump in charge of the RNC, and he is also bleeding money to lawyers for his court cases. Trump proved in '16 that he could be outspent and still win... barely. I think some right-wingers mistake the burn that left in the Dems to never let something like that ever happen again.
I don't think he needs ads. His message is well enough known already. Biden does need to spend, though, pointing out the Turd's misdeeds.

I was thinking more along the lines of purging rolls etc rather than a variation on 1/6.

There will certainly be a very wide variety of voter suppression:
  • Purging rolls. One trick they've used in the past is common-name flagging: Several of the commonest surnames (e.g. Brown, Jackson) are mostly black. GOP sotware probably has exemptions for 'Smith'
  • Delays. In the recent past voters in Blue-leaning precincts have queued for hours to vote, while nearby Red-leaning precincts have had no delay.
  • Intimidation: Trump has already called for an army of "poll watchers."
  • Adjudication of mail-in ballots will be litigated. Ballot destruction is a real possibility.
  • Machine rigging, poor ballot design and other gimmicks will be deployed again by cheaters.
  • (Various other cheating by Reds will occur. Some top GOP officials have even cast multiple votes in recent elections.)
Recall that 2000 Florida would have gone Blue if military ballots in violation of a deadline had been rejected. Sure, the Ds didn't want to disenfranchise soldiers, but Rs would have leapt at the opportunity were colors reversed.

But possible cheating isn't just confined to Election Day.

In 2000, the Oranges tried to get states run by Reds to overturn reported results. This was resisted, but a large number of sane R-aligned officials have been replaced with Orange-aligned goons.

The Rs will control one or both Houses of Congress and the Supreme Court. Even a single House of Congress will be able to block certification. If an impasse develops, Orange take-over will be plausible, perhaps even without violence.

Even with the Orange leader convicted of multiple felonies, he leads sharply in prediction markets. Prognosis is bleak.

The dangers are very real. I'm re-attaching my recent post in hopes someone will bold-face it.

What would happen if Mitt Romney, the Bush brothers, John Kasich and a few other top conservatives would step out of the woodwork? Step out and say voting for Biden had become mandatory?

Romney has spoken out against Trump, "However, it’s not clear if the retiring senator will throw his support behind the Democratic incumbent." Even Liz Cheney has not formally endorsed Biden. Should they not be shrieking the true nature of the psychopath and his fascist supporters from the airwaves?

Mike Pence would never ENDORSE Trump, but would "never VOTE for Biden, I'm an R." Sounds like Mike will pull the Trump lever. Among the very VERY few Republicans competent to have a clue, 'Christie said he didn’t think he could vote for Biden. “Biden, in my view, is past the sell-by date,” Christie said. “Right now, I couldn’t say to myself, ‘I think Joe Biden is capable of being president’ today, let alone at 86.” Christie also called it “pretty stupid” for Biden not to reach out and ask the former New Jersey governor to support his 2024 bid after he left the Republican race.

What would happen? If properly managed, I think it could save Democracy. Yet are the Bush brothers asking fellow conservatives to vote for Biden? If not, why not? There is an obvious answer -- Trump may work well for the rich & powerful & greedy -- but I'd hoped that humanity's future was not so very bleak.

Who are the top Republicans who HAVE endorsed Biden? The Hill shows
Former Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan (R), Former RNC Chair Michael Steele, Former Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.).
:insert seven of the best GAK icons!!! : Are these REALLY the top three GOP pols who have explicitly endorsed Biden??
Surely there must be other high-prestige GOP pols? Who does Lincoln Project?

There will certainly be a very wide variety of voter suppression:
  • Purging rolls. One trick they've used in the past is common-name flagging: Several of the commonest surnames (e.g. Brown, Jackson) are mostly black. GOP sotware probably has exemptions for 'Smith'
  • Delays. In the recent past voters in Blue-leaning precincts have queued for hours to vote, while nearby Red-leaning precincts have had no delay.
  • Intimidation: Trump has already called for an army of "poll watchers."
  • Adjudication of mail-in ballots will be litigated. Ballot destruction is a real possibility.
  • Machine rigging, poor ballot design and other gimmicks will be deployed again by cheaters.
  • (Various other cheating by Reds will occur. Some top GOP officials have even cast multiple votes in recent elections.)
Recall that 2000 Florida would have gone Blue if military ballots in violation of a deadline had been rejected. Sure, the Ds didn't want to disenfranchise soldiers, but Rs would have leapt at the opportunity were colors reversed.

But possible cheating isn't just confined to Election Day.

In 2000, the Oranges tried to get states run by Reds to overturn reported results. This was resisted, but a large number of sane R-aligned officials have since been replaced with Orange-aligned goons.

The Rs will control one or both Houses of Congress and the Supreme Court. Even a single House of Congress will be able to block certification. If an impasse develops, Orange take-over will be plausible, perhaps even without violence.

Even with the Orange leader convicted of multiple felonies, he leads sharply in prediction markets. Prognosis is bleak.

You'll notice no Campaign spending on ads by Trump. One reason? The narcissistic fuck put Lara Trump in charge of the RNC, and he is also bleeding money to lawyers for his court cases. Trump proved in '16 that he could be outspent and still win... barely. I think some right-wingers mistake the burn that left in the Dems to never let something like that ever happen again.
I don't think he needs ads. His message is well enough known already. Biden does need to spend, though, pointing out the Turd's misdeeds.
I see ads from Biden doing exactly that. They may not be running in your area.

Seems the guilty verdict hasn't done much harm to Trump's chances of being elected POTUS;

Teflon Don rides again, according to an exclusive snap poll for DailyMail.com which found that the guilty verdict in Manhattan only improved the former president's standing with likely voters ahead of the 2024 election. Of those who said the 34 guilty counts had changed their view of Donald Trump, 22 percent said they now had a more favorable rating compared with 16 percent who said they viewed him more negatively. That six-point net positive result is another sign of the way the businessman-turned-politician seems able to ride out crises that would sink anyone else.

Daily Mail

Slight increase and apparently his coffers are swelling with eager supporters flinging cash at him.

Nice job dems, is this what you expected, wanted?

Seems the guilty verdict hasn't done much harm to Trump's chances of being elected POTUS;
Not certain who would think it would. Acquittal would have really helped Trump though. It could still ultimately impact a few votes, but overall, if January 6th didn't change anyone's mind, why should this case? Or the Georgia case or the docs case. Cult of personality can know no bounds, go ask the residents of Jonestown. Are you really bragging about that?

It isn't the message, it is about galvanizing turnout. Trump's base isn't enough, and he needs to make a compelling case for Republicans that can't stand him to go out and vote.

As for Biden, he needs to do his best to convince America that the sky isn't actually falling and things aren't as bad as they think it is. People think we are in a recession.

Teflon Don rides again, according to an exclusive snap poll for DailyMail.com which found that the guilty verdict in Manhattan only improved the former president's standing with likely voters ahead of the 2024 election. Of those who said the 34 guilty counts had changed their view of Donald Trump, 22 percent said they now had a more favorable rating compared with 16 percent who said they viewed him more negatively. That six-point net positive result is another sign of the way the businessman-turned-politician seems able to ride out crises that would sink anyone else.

Daily Mail

Slight increase and apparently his coffers are swelling with eager supporters flinging cash at him.

Does it matter? Should criminals only be charged and convicted if it fits in with the goals of specific political parties?

Daily Mail

Does it matter? Should criminals only be charged and convicted if it fits in with the goals of specific political parties?

Are you really going to pretend this was about Trump's "criminal" act?

Daily Mail

So, you believe the jury was rigged? Why else would you put quotes around the word "criminal"?

One can argue that the crime was too middling to be taken up by the District Attorney, equivalent to going 57 mph in a 55 mph zone, and only taken up because the DA had a political vendetta against Trump, but unless you are saying the jury was compromised you have no leg to stand on by saying it wasn't a crime.

Michael Cohen already served prison time for part of this very crime. Should he be pardoned because he was the victim of injustice?

Do you have an actual argument here or are you just lashing out?

Daily Mail

So, you believe the jury was rigged? Why else would you put quotes around the word "criminal"?

Quite the leap you made there.

Hey, don't be mad at me because Brandon is struggling against a convicted felon.

So, you believe the jury was rigged?
Of course. And the Grand Jury before them! Every last one of them - even the one who gets his news straight from Truth Social - they ALL are Democrat plants, working with the Jewish Space Laser Coalition to enable windmills to cause homosexual immigrant criminals to steal your manufacturing jobs UNDER CLIMATE CHANGE PRETEXTS!!!

Of course Trump should be allowed to commit crimes to rig elections. Duh!

Hey, don't be mad at me because Brandon is struggling against a convicted felon.
so, that’s a “no”. Thanks.
Aw let him vent. As his guy now submits, the real poll will be in November. Poor guy is understandably a little butthurt right now.

Swiz, be sure to vote early and vote often; with enough good old fashioned Republican knowhow, you can win California!!
🤗

so, that’s a “no”. Thanks.
Aw let him vent. As his guy now submits, the real poll will be in November. Poor guy is understandably a little butthurt right now.

Swiz, be sure to vote early and vote often; with enough good old fashioned Republican knowhow, you can win California!!
🤗
But, but but, Swiz said he won't "necessarily" vote for Trump. If he does, I guess he doesn't mind being part of a Christian theocracy, even if it's not as bad as a Muslim theocracy. The problem, imo, isn't voter suppression. It's voter stupidity. People have claimed that the vote was suppressed in Ga, but the fact is that we have 3 full weeks of early voting and anyone can request a mail in ballot. They do purge the rolls of those who haven't voted in 2 or 3 elections, but if everyone would check to make sure their voter registration is current, like I always do, that would never be a problem. It's not that hard to register again. There are sometimes long lines in Fulton county, the largest county in Ga, but if people vote early or by mail in ballot, they don't have to deal with long lines. I waited as long as 2 hours to vote prior to early voting and I live in a small, fairly conservative district. I'd wait as long as necessary if I had to because the vote is important to me. I've known too many people who don't want to vote for one stupid reason or another.

I've known too many people who think the president controls the price of gas, inflation, housing shortages etc. They are either stupid or ignorant. Inflation is/was a global problem and inflation dropped more in the US than in just about every other country. We always have some inflation. And, based on what I know about economics, deflation is much worse than inflation. I'm no expert, but basic economic principles aren't that hard to understand if you have an average IQ. Rents are high due to greed. Rents rose so quickly due to corporations buying up a large percentage of homes and apartments in some areas. it's complicated and not everything is the fault of a president. Why didn't Congress pass the bipartisan bill to help protect the border better? Trump didn't want them to because his fat ass was afraid it would make Biden look better. The president isn't a dictator, at least not yet. And, OMG! Trump is so fucking Orwellian. He's screaming that Biden is a threat to democracy. Sadly, idiots believe him.

But, but but, TSwizzle said he won't "necessarily" vote for Trump. If he does, I guess he doesn't mind being part of a Christian theocracy, even if it's not as bad as a Muslim theocracy.
"Christian theocracy" :hysterical: What utter claptrap.

In any event, since I vote in California, which is overwhelmingly Democrat, my vote will not count for anything. But I made up my mind some time ago that I will be voting for Trump and I hope he wins. Brandon and Harris are not for me or the USA.

The problem, imo, isn't voter suppression. It's voter stupidity.

Yup, it is very frustrating when the plebs don't vote the way you want them to. Particularly the people of color, some of whom are starting to turn to Trump. I wonder why.

And, OMG! Trump is so fucking Orwellian. He's screaming that Biden is a threat to democracy. Sadly, idiots believe him.

:hysterical:

So should 16-17 yr olds be allowed to buy booze, go to strip clubs, vote in elections?
18 year olds should though. I think legal restrictions on young adults are BS. Just like that new bipartisan law in Florida that raised the age for dancing in a strip club - utter idiocy!

That said, I never said 16 year olds are adults. But they are distinct from children as well. For example, 16 year olds can get a driver's license. In Germany, they can buy beer. In most countries and many US states, they are above the age of consent.
What is actually BS is the legal fiction that 18 year old are ‘adults.’ This was concocted as protests about drafting kids too young to vote mounted during Viet Nam.

Adulthood isn’t magically achieved on the day you turn 18. Rather, adulthood happens gradually, step wise.

In much of the world, one isn’t able to drive until one turns 18. In the US, we have decided 16 is old enough for on the public roads driving, with lots of farm kids driving trucks and some farm equipment years earlier. My dad started to drive when he was not old enough or big enough to see over the steering wheel and started smoking when he was 6. Neither was safe nor wise nor did either confer adulthood upon him. Just gave him COPD and a lot of overconfidence behind the wheel.

Today, it is difficult to get any kind of loan except a student loan at 18. It is difficult or impossible to sign a lease on your own at 18. It is often impossible to rent a hotel room or a vacation property at 18 and for vacation property, 25 as the minimum age is extremely common. One cannot legally purchase nor usually consume alcoholic beverages until you are 21.

All of those make perfect sense if you think about the brain development and maturity level, especially with regards to the ability to engage in long term planning and impulse control.

Just because someone makes you hard does not mean they are fair game. After all, there are 12 year olds who look 18 —and 50 year olds who prefer 12 year olds who look 8.

Back
Top Bottom